Sign in to follow this  
adamgray

Another new Mobile Phone Before Xmas: HTC 8X

Telstra has announced yesterday that it now carries the new 8X from HTC, another smartphone on the market to feature Windows Phone 8 operating system. The cheapest pricing plan for the HTC 8X comes in at the common $60 per month bracket like most Telcos and most other new model smartphones on the market.

I've done a few digging around online about the HTC 8X and here are some of the commonly known pitfalls and good bits:

• Good looking smartphone
  • Rounded edges to make it look thinner than it actually is
  • Solid feel to it

• Does not have an amazing camera like the Lumia 920
  • No voice recognition software like Siri (Windows Phone 8 limitation)
  • Non-removable battery!

One big downfall, but not limited to this phone is that it seems voice recognition like Siri and whatever the Android equivalent is, is missing from Windows Phone 8 (correct me if im wrong).

Given the vibrant colours of the Lumia 920 and the 8X, it wont be surprising to see some lawsuits fly by!

Has anyone placed an order for their HTC 8X or is the HTC 8X mobile phone not enticing enough to upgrade or change brands?

Edited by adamgray

I thought about the HTC 8x as I have a HTC at the moment with Mango but I'll be getting 920 or 820 next year. I want to be able to change battery. HTC are doing the stupid non-changing battery business like Apple do now which is annoying.

I thought about the HTC 8x as I have a HTC at the moment with Mango but I'll be getting 920 or 820 next year. I want to be able to change battery. HTC are doing the stupid non-changing battery business like Apple do now which is annoying.

Isn't the 920 battery embedded...?

(I hope I'm wrong...)

Oh yes, 920 is like that. The cameras on HTC phones are pretty awful though.

Edited by Jeruselem

the colours can be a bit weird, but yeah the One X/XL camera was part of htc's rejuvenation. The 8X camera is ok from what I saw of it, haven't tested it in daylight though. The buttons are just too small though; I had a lot of difficulty turning it on and off because of how thin the button is, and its placement on the small ridge that runs around the device. The Lumia 920 is very heavy for a phone, but it just feels right in your hand.

Edited by Mademan

[*]Non-removable battery!

I suppose eventually we won't have a choice, but while the choice is available embedded batteries can fuck off and die.