Sign in to follow this  
niclola

TP-LINK TD-W8970 anyone can help?

Hi, guy, does anyone know about the TP-LINK TD-W8970, it seems to be their new modem+router to compete with the billion bipac 7800n,

http://www.tp-link.com.au/products/details...el=TD-W8970#fea

and it look bit funy that they have 3 antenna, but just 300 mbps wireless speed, and the EWAN function is not provide by an additonal wan port, it use the one of the lan port as a WAN port, interesting....

does anyone know little bit more about it, such as their WLAN to LAN Throughput, session limit... ?

thanks guy

Edited by niclola

Since it's so new there doesn't seem to be a lot of info about it. What do you want the extra information for? You may need to wait until there are some proper reviews available.

I haven't had a look at that one yet, still selling out of the older models, but its predecessor is a very good model TP-Link W8960

I have to say that they're very easy to set up, and never had any issues at all, unlike a couple of issues with the lower end model.

As I know, the W8970 is a All-in-One Device: ADSL2+ Modem, NAT Router, 4-Gigabit-Port Switch and Wireless N Access Point,

with 3 x 5dBi Antenna Gain have really secure the 300Mbps Wireless speed, also supporting Bandwidth Control which set to the maximum download limitation on each user.

VPN Pass-Through, but also support 10 IPSec VPN Tunnels,

2 USB ports for storage sharing, printer sharing, FTP Server and Media Server

Its quite good looking pic and have all the function we need it, but still don't know how much will it cost ?

As I know, the W8970 is a All-in-One Device: ADSL2+ Modem, NAT Router, 4-Gigabit-Port Switch and Wireless N Access Point,

with 3 x 5dBi Antenna Gain have really secure the 300Mbps Wireless speed, also supporting Bandwidth Control which set to the maximum download limitation on each user.

VPN Pass-Through, but also support 10 IPSec VPN Tunnels,

2 USB ports for storage sharing, printer sharing, FTP Server and Media Server

Its quite good looking pic and have all the function we need it, but still don't know how much will it cost ?

Anyware and Altech are the local distributors for TP-Link. Neither of them have the TD-W8970 in stock yet, so until then you won't see any Australian pricing for it. Keep checking their web sites, and when it shows up you'll be able to start looking for prices.