Chaos.Lady

A call to all

As most of you have seen, we have had an influx of spammers over the last few days.

So I am calling all spammers to post their spam in this thread.

You might as well, because it WILL get cleaned up, removed, trashed and otherwise made gone before very many people see it. Including any posted here.

It will just make it easier on us - that's all.

Our FAQ also states that if you post spam, you will be banned. No questions asked.

To all our dear demented forumites - if you see spam, report it. I would prefer to have 100 reports of the same spam than nobody reporting it and it getting missed.

This is war folks. Put on your combat boots, grab your helmets, load your shotguns and fight back.

Well its great to see that Atomic has hard working, fair minded and protective Mods! unlike certain other forums where the Mods there are nothing but Oxygen theives! (looking at you World of Tanks SEA server)

Keep up the good work Mods, you all loved (if some what feared ;P)

Edited by dishd

Heh. I guess since this is supposed to be a tech forum, that's supposed to be where the traffic is.

Besides, spam wouldn't exist without Windows. Right? Right?

:P

Heh. I guess since this is supposed to be a tech forum, that's supposed to be where the traffic is.

O i c wat u did thar!

Spam would exist without pigs and steel....

I would prefer to have 100 reports of the same spam than nobody reporting it and it getting missed.

Fine, I won't report in any spam then :-P Edited by nobody813

I would prefer to have 100 reports of the same spam than nobody reporting it and it getting missed.

Fine, I won't report in any spam then :-P

I knew she was talking about you! Someone told me the mods ignore you!

Fine, I won't report in any spam then :-P

I knew she was talking about you! Someone told me the mods ignore you!

Hehehe :-P

Yeah, we are cleaning it up as fast as we can. Unfortunately overnight spam will be a problem until the Mods wake up from their alcoholic stupor.

so whats changed with the move thats made spam so much worse all of a sudden? is it just the new location or is account creation letting bots through now

Hawkeye was postulating something about changing away from a custom login page to the default ipb one or something, but I don't think anyone is actually sure what's going on.

Maybe PCTA is just popular with the spammer crowd? :P

But yea, you tell em where to stick their SPAM.

In a can? :P

A lot of the spambots tends to be Asian as we've got nothing but Chinese, Japanese and Korean thus far...

Unfortunately no Mordenakhnen. Just report em, if you send us doubles, I promise you I won't spank you too hard. :)

I think I got this lot though. :)

The upswing is because forum registration is now purely IPB - it used to be a dual site/forum thing, and that was pretty effective.

Sadly, while an upgrade would fix the issue, IPB themselves have pretty much said it's too hard and are now ignoring our emails :)

selling a security system that attracts bots instead of blocking them and they refuse to fix it?