Chaos.Lady

iTunes 11

Is it just me or does the new iTunes suck some serious arse?

Okay, so leaving the "new improved" interface aside, can someone clue me in on what the deal is with transferring music that isn't in the cloud onto my iphone if I have iTunes match turned on?

Is it just me or does the new iTunes suck some serious arse?

You're not alone in thinking that, although I would say it started with version 1...

It took a bit to get used to but I don't mind it.

Transferring music to a device sucked at first as its completely different, but once you figure it out, its not too bad.

I still think they should have kept it as is (if it 'aint broke, don't fix it)

A total mess in many respects if I'm being honest... shame there is no software that you can root/hack to work with better solutions, reminds me fondly of when "final cut pro" changed to "iMovie Deluxe" that was also a bad one for the play book.

I don't particularly like it although View -> Show Sidebar returns most of what I was after anyway.

This made my life a lot easier.

Same - This is much better!

I still haven't managed to make it transfer anything not in the cloud to the phone. Gah!

Yeah, the sidebar make it a little better. But that's not saying much. :(

With iTunes Match, you don't transfer music from your PC to the phone, you have to download it through Match on the phone. It's been like that since well before iTunes 11.

Anything that was on your device beforehand (at least for me) stayed there, but I couldn't sync music with my library anymore with Match on, since it synced everything in the cloud.

As for iTunes 11, I quite like it. It seems noticably more responsive on my main Windows machine, and I quite like the new focus on albums, matches my listening habits more closesly than the focus on shuffling in previous versions.

Have to admit the new features aren't all good. Podcasts in itunes dont match what I have on the iPhone, nor is there a back button like there used to be, I dont like the downloads link being a icon/button rather than it appearing in the sidebar. Lastly, for me it crashes or freezes all the time. I mean all the time. Overall not happy with it.

There's one change that really sucks. On mac, if you hit play on the keyboard, and then back, to go back to the start of the song you were interrupted while listening to, it goes to the previous song.

:/

Pisses me off.

as with whenever i use itunes, BURN IT, BURN IT WITH FIRE, or just have someone make an alternative that works and is ideally open-source.