Sign in to follow this  
DonutKing

Anybody with AAPT?

We're having a weird problem. We run a website and it appears that ONLY AAPT customers are unable to access it. Everybody else is fine (including my home connection which isn't with AAPT). I don't know anybody personally with AAPT so I can't do much testing myself. AAPT's support don't want to talk to us since we're not a customer of theirs. We told one of our clients to ring their support line and that got nowhere. Seems like the phone jockeys on their helpdesk haven't got a script to handle this sort of thing... It's been about a week since the error was first reported and customers are starting to get upset.

The error message these people get is simply "the page cannot be found". I suspect a DNS problem, but it appears that AAPT have configured their DNS servers not to respond to requests from outside their network (I simply get a "REFUSED" when trying to do an NSLOOKUP).

So... if you're with AAPT and you have a minute or two to spare, please do this for me:

Start -> Run -> CMD <enter>

nslookup <address removed> <enter>

Tell me what you get in response... thanks :)

Edited by DonutKing

1. Also see if you can get some of those customers to perform a ping and traceroute to the IP address that name resolves to.

2. Find out the IP address of some of the customers having problems and try a traceroute to them from your web server - see how far you get. (it could also be a problem with your ISP/web host routing to certain AAPT address ranges)

Edited by segger

im with aapt i got dns request timed out

time out took 2 sec

and...default servers are not available

Edited by weredragon

Well this issue seems to have resolved itself this morning... after only 2 weeks... of course AAPT and our own ISP deny any knowledge of the issue... thanks for the assistance :)\

EDIT: aaaaarrrrggghhh I spoke to soon- our customersthat had this issue were fine this morning but we've been getting calls from different customers now, that are having the same issue and surprise surprise, they're all with AAPT...

We can ping and tracert to them, they can do a DNS lookup of our address but they can't ping or tracert to us.

Edited by DonutKing