The_Hawk

Transition to PCA

It's a sad day to see Atomic close after reading it for over a decade, of course merging with PCA means we can still get out monthly hit so it's not all bad.

I did quite like this line:

There'll more pages, more content, a cover DVD, a free digital sub, and a lot of classic Atomic writers, and for a limited time you can also subscribe at the old Atomic price.

But the question is how does it all work (especially that digital sub)?

I was digging through my archives and it seems I have been a subscriber since 2003 and had switched to the 6 monthly recurring sub what seems likes an age ago now too.

So, does this recurring sub just continue forever with the new mag?

How do I access the digital sub (and/or when does this become available)?

They could of at least kept the atomic.com.au front page, PCA's page is pretty ugly IMO

you know what they say, Business up front, party out back...

They could of at least kept the atomic.com.au front page, PCA's page is pretty ugly IMO

Aarrrgggg your right what an ugly page ! So hard on the eyes and chaotic. :( Oh well at least the forum page remains the same. :)

So, does this recurring sub just continue forever with the new mag?

How do I access the digital sub (and/or when does this become available)?

Yep, that Atomic sub now becomes a PCA sub, so that's pretty simple. And the digital sub will be offered to all PCA subscribers I think in January next year :)

I found the January issue of PCA at the newsagents but not in my mailbox. Has it been sent to Atomic subscribers yet?

The first issue that subscribers will receive is the February issue, on-sale in January - issue 143 of Atomic will be onsale up to that time.

That's the first 'merged' issue. Because of the two-week different between publishing dates, that was the first issue we could do it in :)

Opinions like arseholes. Everyone has them. I think the PCA site design is significantly better than the atomic design. Edited by kikz

Opinions like arseholes. Everyone has them. I think the PCA site design is significantly better than the atomic design.

Might be better. Doesn't mean it's still not ugly :)

could I still sub to get the feb issue of the crossover for the atomic mag price?

You better hurry - it'll be going out in a couple of weeks. And I don't know how Xmas will impact that.

The first issue that subscribers will receive is the February issue, on-sale in January - issue 143 of Atomic will be onsale up to that time.

Dear Guru/God/David, does that mean our subs will be extended by one month having missed an issue? I can only read issue 143 so many times before the pages start sticking together.

Dear Guru/God/David, does that mean our subs will be extended by one month having missed an issue? I can only read issue 143 so many times before the pages start sticking together.

Oh god.

eeeewwwwww

Mental pictures!

Eeeeewwww.

Damn. Good point though.

:)

Opinions like arseholes. Everyone has them. I think the PCA site design is significantly better than the atomic design.

Crawl, crawl..................... :D

Aarrrgggg your right what an ugly page ! So hard on the eyes and chaotic. :( Oh well at least the forum page remains the same. :)

I find it harder to navigate.

This is the plan.

I have not yet gotten the Feb issue, on sale in january.

who do I call?

I haven't got mine either, but it generally takes its time getting to me for some reason.

pesky work PABX is not allowing 1300 numbers.

Thanks for confirming who to call.