Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
smenkhare

Smenkhare's Photos

Like the desaturated look of this one.

and for some reason this is the favourite of this and #6.

notes above in the "quote", although I like all of them as a group they are all a bit 'samey'. Perhaps a bit more colour (or emphasis on orange) in 3, 4, 5 & 7?

Yeah, but there's a nice feel about them...like a certain "look". Once you can nail down a style that is recognisable, then all you need to do is find interesting subjects and intersting light to capture them in. That's a big part of getting known I think...

I think #2 is the best...nice colours and the wide aspect suits the subject.

#5 seems to be balanced too far into the yellow. Did you make any WB adjustments or is that as shot?

Also there is something about #6 that I don't like...not exactly sure what it is. The composition and subject is fine, but there seems to be a coma (light cast, or blur) over the central area of the image, making the rocks look defocussed. Sort of gives the effect of a low quality lens...which I know is not so as your other shots are sharp and clear. Would it be shake during a long time exposure? I think the lighting is pretty harsh on that shot too...lot of blacks and lot of highlights but not a lot of mids...?

I think #2 is the best...nice colours and the wide aspect suits the subject.

#5 seems to be balanced too far into the yellow. Did you make any WB adjustments or is that as shot?

Also there is something about #6 that I don't like...not exactly sure what it is. The composition and subject is fine, but there seems to be a coma (light cast, or blur) over the central area of the image, making the rocks look defocussed. Sort of gives the effect of a low quality lens...which I know is not so as your other shots are sharp and clear. Would it be shake during a long time exposure? I think the lighting is pretty harsh on that shot too...lot of blacks and lot of highlights but not a lot of mids...?

Hey Antraman.

It was just hitting sunset on the 2nd one which is why it so yellow.

For the 5th one. Others have mentioned that as well. I didn't notice until i zoomed in a bit. I think it may be from hand holding the filter in front of it and possibly bumping the camera.

Like the first, good processing of the shadows for detail... Something I'm just starting to get used to.

I've always liked the avenue of trees in Hyde Park, such great detail of leaves and branches but I think they make better colour photos than B&W. Difficult to take due to the dynamic range and shadow. detail

Nice shots...brings back memories of more than 15 years ago. Looks like they've removed those stupid LED light wires they had all along the tree branches...

I like the 2nd one, looks very nice. Where is that?

Karloo pools in the RNP.

Royal? Is that near the causeway? I used to spend a lot of time down in Royal years ago...my best mate was a NPWS ranger and lived in the park. We did a lot of wandering around there.

EDIT: Found it! Here's a pic my mate took in the park of a place that had a rather special significance for us. The pool is named after the entity seen in the image. Know of it, or see anything?

Posted Image

Edited by Antraman

Which causeway are you referring to? It's about an hours walk from heathcote train station, the trail goes down behind the fire station.

Can't say your shot looks familiar but it sure looks like somewhere i'd like to go to.

The causeway is the bridge across the river near the picnic grounds at the bottom of the road off the highway.

The pic is a place called The Witch's Pool. I forget how forget how get there now. That place freaked us out severely....

The causeway is the bridge across the river near the picnic grounds at the bottom of the road off the highway.

The pic is a place called The Witch's Pool. I forget how forget how get there now. That place freaked us out severely....

Ah that's audley. there's a couple of other causeways in the park as well.