smenkhare

Smenkhare's Photos

The causeway is the bridge across the river near the picnic grounds at the bottom of the road off the highway.

The pic is a place called The Witch's Pool. I forget how forget how get there now. That place freaked us out severely....

Ah that's audley. there's a couple of other causeways in the park as well.

Interesting. A quick google hasn't come up with anything. Looks like a nice place though.

Interesting. A quick google hasn't come up with anything. Looks like a nice place though.

You mean Witch's Pool? Nah, I dunno if its that well known. Park Ranger dudes know all these spots kept secret from the public. There's a couple of Aboriginal sites in Royal that no-one knows about, and we found a pocket of remnant old world rainforest in a protected valley, amongst the wet sclerophyll habitat, we named it the Lost World. It has a massive fig in the centre that stands out above the forest canopy...its on our bucket list of things to climb.

The Witch's Pool I wouldn't say is "nice". We had a rather unusual experience down there that spooked us...the place felt bad, and we bugged out. My mate took this pic,and when he got the slides developed we had a viewing back at his place with a few beers and a smloke, and when we saw this slide it freaked us out, as we could see what looked like a witch in the pool, and we realised it was what made us feel uneasy at the pool. Hard to describe, but the place had a feeling, as we believe there are good and bad energies in the landscape. This was definitely bad.

Edited by Antraman

iso 100, 1 sec, and i think f20 or f22. No ND but I did use a polarizer.

for a 1sec exposure there must have been very little wind given the tree in the bottom left - lovely shot.

iso 100, 1 sec, and i think f20 or f22. No ND but I did use a polarizer.

for a 1sec exposure there must have been very little wind given the tree in the bottom left - lovely shot.

Yeah it's a pretty sheltered location.

Yep. Found it. Didn't find the witch though and the path had turned into a river. I was drenched by the time i got back to the car.

The first from the fuji. (I know the one of the skyline looks pretty funky but that's due to really boosting the exposure etc in post as my light meter didn't give a very good reading)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first one and the bridge are epic. But what is that green light which can be seen on most of them but more clearly on the last one?

-X

The first one and the bridge are epic. But what is that green light which can be seen on most of them but more clearly on the last one?

-X

Not sure what you're refering to. the only green light i can see is on the second one.

Ah i see what you mean on the last one. I think it's either the way the sun was positioned or something went hinky with the scanning.

Edited by smenkhare

Pic 3 of the bridge is awesome. I'd print that and hang it on a wall.

Edited by gabber