Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
AccessDenied

Anonymous declares war on Westboro

“Since your one-dimensional thought protocol will conform not to any modern logic, we will not debate, argue, or attempt to reason with you. Instead, we have unanimously deemed your organisation to be harmful to the population of The United States of America, and have therefore decided to execute an agenda of action which will progressively dismantle your institution of deceitful pretext and extreme bias, and cease when your zealotry runs dry. We recognise you as serious opponents, and do not expect our campaign to terminate in a short period of time. Attrition is our weapon, and we will waste no time, money, effort, and enjoyment, in tearing your resolve into pieces, as with exposing the incongruity of your distorted faith.”

And the damage so far:

http://www.anonpaste.me/anonpaste2/index.p...CbIfZBqWpaGcMI=

The names and address of the members, plus all sorts of other fun details.

And ALLEGEDLY:

The listed Westboro Baptist Church members have all just had their social security numbers cancelld and are now all listed as "deceased/legally dead".

As one person recently Tweeted: "Gonna be hard for #WBC to travel with no SSN's, maxed credit cards, no phones, & being "dead".

--------------

hmmm.

This could be a fun one to follow.

AD

:)

People Who Hate People Who Hate Fags?

Not sure how that's going to help the poor moppits grow past their limitations at all? It's something that a government would do "Conform or else". Not defending Westbro either, just saying.

(And wow, there's a lot of the same surnames in that list. :) )

Edited by Director

Not sure how that's going to help the poor moppits grow past their limitations at all? It's something that a government would do "Conform or else".

At a certain point you have to stop trying to be understanding and rehabilitate people, and just punish them.

And ALLEGEDLY:

The listed Westboro Baptist Church members have all just had their social security numbers cancelld and are now all listed as "deceased/legally dead".

I would not have thought Anonymous would use a tactic like 'depersoning' (a weapon of Big Brother). Either the allegation is false, or it's a prime example of becoming what they beheld. :P

Not sure how that's going to help the poor moppits grow past their limitations at all? It's something that a government would do "Conform or else".

At a certain point you have to stop trying to be understanding and rehabilitate people, and just punish them.

*files away for future use*

And it's also a pretty major hack.

Which is why I said "Allegedly".

For all we know 'one person' had this happen and all anonymous is slapping itself on the back and saying "good job".

Or it'd be a great social engineering attack and making Westboro members paranoid.

AD

I can't get behind this at all

Because ....

AD

Because I have no idea who Anonymous are, who elected them to be the arbiters of what's acceptable and what's not, nor do I support anonymous.

My view is that the answer to bad free speech is lots of good free speech.

I thought Westboro was referring to a cigarette company at first...Then I thought why the fuck do they have a church...Then I Googled it didn't find any cigarette companies with the name Westboro and was like oh it's just a church...xD

I'm not sure what my stance is on Anonymous they seem to do good but in all the wrong ways.

Edited by TheSingularity

And what Anonymous do is not freedom of expression because?

I don't know who they are and I think they do lots of stupid things. Incredibly stupid things.

US society created this beast. Now it has it. How it tames it is anyones guess. (and yes, I do blame US for anonymous. They just went international is all)

However, I could apply your arguments to Westboro. I don't know who Westboro are. They are hidden behind a name and a figurehead. They do insane stunts and expect to be taken seriously.

What I'm seeing is 2 'insane' groups attacking each other. I just prefer the ideaology of anonymous more on this particular matter.

AD

It's beyond right and wrong.

Westboro wanted to abuse their right to free speech and go around pissing everyone off. Anon have decided they're pissed off enough to do something about it and they're not going to play nicely or play by the rules because they're that pissed off. You can't go around being dicks to people all the time and not expect for it to blow up in your face in completely unpredictable and uncivilized ways. Why expect it if you're not going to be civilized in the first place.

I don't exactly agree with what Anon does, but I hate what Westboro does a whole lot more.

Which raises a question:

You are in a bar. You start picking a fight with someone. You push them. You poke them. You call them names. You harrass them. The shrug it all off. Then finally they get pushed too far and hit the person.

There is a special charge just for that. Quite often, the person in that sense will just get a good behaviour bond.

Why doesn't that exist online?

AD

Which raises a question:

You are in a bar. You start picking a fight with someone. You push them. You poke them. You call them names. You harrass them. The shrug it all off. Then finally they get pushed too far and hit the person.

There is a special charge just for that. Quite often, the person in that sense will just get a good behaviour bond.

Why doesn't that exist online?

AD

Because a virtual blood-nose is nowhere as serious as a real one?

I would like to see a war with anonymous and some other hacker elite group to see who is the most elite.

This shit is boring and stupid. Yeah cool they hacked some poor bastards b.a who was already prob brainwashed and therefore broke :P

I dunno. In reality ´If anonymous members have any stick to their guts then they would just play the ignore card like most normal people do?´

I fail to understand this as all kinds of people piss me off the same but it doesn´t mean its a good idea to start hacking their b..a and registering death certificates.

What will happen now is those church peopple will be empowered by this ¨act of the devil¨

good work anon you fucken dumb clowns.

Edited by warmachine

*files away for future use*

Feel free. I believe there's only so many cheeks you can realistically turn before you just have to start slapping back.

My view is that the answer to bad free speech is lots of good free speech.

I believe the old school Atomic Commandment - v. Thou shalt not make an arse of thou-self and not expecteth others to hang shit - applies equally well to free speech. How does that old gem go? You're free to say whatever you like, and you're free to get punched in the nose if you say it to the wrong person. Something like that.

What I'm trying to say is that legal does not equal right, and if you set out to piss people off eventually you're going to manage it, and you'll have to deal with those consequences.

taking the law into your own hands is never good, mainly because of varying opinions as to where to draw the line.

Take the recent school massacre where they initially named the wrong perpetrator. I'm glad nobody decided to play judge, jury and executioner...