Sign in to follow this  
bowlen

Kogan Mobile

so business use as well as personal? I was under the impression it was a 'personal use only' type deal.

All im trying to figure is if they did wrong by canceling you, or if you're just annoyed you were caught :P

Caught? Making lots of phone calls?

Well they caught me.

The thing is they waited until the end of my monthly bill period.

So if I buy a year's worth, they probably won't be able to cancel since I've already paid.

Thank you for using Kogan Mobile E-Support service.

I\'m sorry for this inconvenience, but according to our carrier, it seems that you are not using the services for personal use and we are no longer able to provide you the service. It\'s hard for us to let you go as one of our valued customers, but the only option is to transfer you service to a different provider.

Should you want to port your existing mobile number to a different provider, you have 90 days before the number goes to a passive status

Please check the link below and choose your plan

ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY

https://www.koganmobile.com.au/legals/terms

If you need further assistance please call us or reply to this email.

Kind Regards,

Bryan

Thank you for using Kogan Mobile E-Support service.

I\'m sorry for this inconvenience, but according to our carrier, it seems that you are not using the services for personal use and we are no longer able to provide you the service. It\'s hard for us to let you go as one of our valued customers, but the only option is to transfer you service to a different provider.

Should you want to port your existing mobile number to a different provider, you have 90 days before the number goes to a passive status

Please check the link below and choose your plan

ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY

https://www.koganmobile.com.au/legals/terms

If you need further assistance please call us or reply to this email.

Kind Regards,

Bryan

How much did you use the phone for them to kick you?

In total, every week day.... maybe an hour, maybe a little more sometimes. That's a total over the whole day.

But I'm constantly calling different numbers.

The main thing that has really pissed me off is the fact that they didn't bother to tell me.

I had to find out myself. Luckily I tried to call someone before I left home and found out, otherwise I wouldn't have known to to borrow the mrs' sim card.

And then in the afternoon they send me an automatic text to my phone telling me I can no longer recharge. How pathetic.

Edited by bushi

In total, every week day.... maybe an hour, maybe a little more sometimes. That's a total over the whole day.

The main thing that has really pissed me off is the fact that they didn't bother to tell me.

I had to find out myself. Luckily I tried to call someone before I left home and found out, otherwise I wouldn't have known to to borrow the mrs' sim card.

And then in the afternoon they send me an automatic text to my phone telling me I can no longer recharge. How pathetic.

But then it doesn't really make sense to say you haven't been using it for personal use, when you've hardly used it at all??? It is like they are randomly selecting people to boot...

But then it doesn't really make sense to say you haven't been using it for personal use, when you've hardly used it at all??? It is like they are randomly selecting people to boot...

Or (with all due respect bushi) he was using more than he thought. My oldest sons partner is on their plan and prepaid for a year and she is a constantly texting, and surfing. In fact she was on the big TPG plan as she was such a big user, but so far she has not had any problems. Edited by bowiee

Maybe it is more than I said. I don't keep track.

I was on the TPG heavy plan previously and was chewing through that in less that 3 weeks.

I'm now going onto their $45 a month plan to see if that can hold me.

I just think that it so strange that they would do that. I could understand if you made a call to the US which lasted a whole week or something, but just usual calls which aren't out of the norm for you shouldn't get you booted like that. In saying that, I guess there isn't really anything you can do about it as there has been no contract. They have just disallowed you to recharge...

I am paying like $77 a month or something like that for my phone and I get $600 calls, unlimited txts & 1gb data and I haven't really ever had a problem with that.

I have only once used too much data but that is because I used GPS from Sydney to Melbourne a few weeks ago.

my fathers phone is stating that "the account is temporarily unavailable due to system maintenance". It happened on Sunday and now it's happening again today.

Background on phone and usage= shitty HTC Wildfire, lucky to have 200meg free memory to download anything really, wifi is always on so it connects at home and at work, next to no phone calls are made using it, maybe 4 - 7 sms per day, that's it.......

WTF is going on!!!!!

I just found this story online and thought I would share.

Outspoken tech entrepreneur Ruslan Kogan is targeting his company's internet service provider, a former Smart50 entrant, following recent controversy surrounding users of his Kogan Mobile subsidiary who were reportedly being cut off from the service.

Kogan appeared in the Victorian Supreme Court this morning, as part of an attempt to stop ispONE from preventing users from recharging their accounts.

Kogan was contacted by SmartCompany this morning, but declined to comment. ispONE managing director Zac Swindells was also contacted, but was not available prior to publication.

The controversy began late last month, when a small group of customers complained they had been cut off from the Kogan Mobile service, which offers unlimited voice and texting services and 6GB of data every month. The customers found they were unable to recharge their accounts.

Kogan said at the time users were subject to the company's acceptable use policy, which was set down by the ISP – ispONE – not Kogan itself. That policy provided that ispONE could cut off users if they used too much data in a specific time frame.

Kogan is reportedly arguing ispONE is responsible for cutting off the customers and wants that to stop.

"The plaintiff (Kogan Mobile) seeks ... an injunction that the defendant (ispONE) be restrained from refusing to permit or otherwise preventing end users ... maintaining their mobile telephone services by recharging their prepaid mobile services," the writ says, according to BRW.

There is a disconnect in how the two companies operate; while Kogan pays for data per user, ispONE is charged for actual usage. Excessive usage can be a large financial dent.

Kogan has been the target of criticism over the customers who have been denied from reopening their accounts, with users on the popular Whirlpool forums complaining about the incidents.

ispONE is a former Smart50 entrant, having ranked 20th in the 2010 awards. The two founders, Swindells and Chris Monching, built the company by acquiring a smaller telco.

Most recently, the company recorded massive growth, growing from $30 million revenue to $60 million in 2011-12.

So it looks like the disconnection of some customers may not be Kogans fault. But still this is something that needs to be sorted quick as people are saying they are being cut off without warning from ispONE or kogan.

EDIT: Linky

Edited by bowiee

I dont know why they didnt, say, put it at rediculous, but more maintainable limits.

Such as $1000 worth of calls and txt's, and 5GB of data.

at less than $24, its still the best thing available in australia by a LONG way, MOST users would still be happy, and all this shit would have been avoided.

Marketing has no idea in a lot of companies these days IMO. They just 'make it sound good' and over-promise.

You can still be the BEST without having to threaten your own business model or cut it hair thin.

When a telco is making, say, a 50% markup, its prtetty easy to make a 25% markup and kick their ass totally; without cutting as low as say a 10% markup and this happening.

Just want to say a big giant holy fuck!

I am happy!

Getting fucked around by TPG at the moment, still don't have my number sorted. Went to go back with them and they are trying to charge me $270 from a previous bill when I went over - I cancelled and went with Kogan and they didn't bill me all these months.

I can't activate my SIM before I pay this off or get a payment plan approved.

Anyway I can't afford it at the moment and have to wait blah blah blah.

So thought I'd look at my Kogan's login page and just try extending for shits and giggles.

And fuck me - I just extended my access!

I'm back online. Will recharge for a year's worth when I get paid next week.

Maybe it had something to do with that lawsuit or the complaints. I don't care, I'm back up and running and very relieved.

Maybe I shouldn't speak too soon because I don't like the look of this - ORDER STATUS: PENDING

It's already taken money from my bank and I can make calls. But I just wonder if it will recognize that my number is banned or something and they will give me a refund and cancel my access..

Another edit:

ORDER STATUS: COMPLETE

My status: Relieved (again).

Looks like I'm in the clear.

Edited by bushi

Ive said it before, many many fucking times, but if this is the 'teething' problems a new SP has, then I'm pretty impressed. Having worked for a 'new' provider, I know how fucking hard it is to run one.

I am making the switch to Kogan Mobile.

They are a bit dodgy regarding the delivery charge of the SIM. It is an extra $15 to get it delivered express. You pretty much have to choose the express options as non-express delivery is estimated to be 1-2 months. So dodgy!

Fuck me. It was 2-3 days when I got mine I'm pretty sure.

Took a week or lesss to get to me.

Wait, so you got it for $5 with the free delivery option and it only took 2-3 days? Or was it 2-3 days with express shipping?

If it's not a short delivery on the normal option, they're low on/out of stock.

It was the same price as it is now. "Free" + shipping.

And was just regular, not express.

See Nich...

I returned my Agora to kogan because it kept giving me 'Invalid SIM' errors. The Kogan Agora has pretty shitty reception in NextG area's it looks like from the conversations I've been having with their tech support. They've offered me a full store credit or a deal on another phone, which is pretty decent. I'm biting the bullet and going for an HTC One X or One X+ now.

-X

I returned my Agora to kogan because it kept giving me 'Invalid SIM' errors. The Kogan Agora has pretty shitty reception in NextG area's it looks like from the conversations I've been having with their tech support. They've offered me a full store credit or a deal on another phone, which is pretty decent. I'm biting the bullet and going for an HTC One X or One X+ now.

-X

Just get a Nexus 4.

-X

Just get a Nexus 4.

Nope. Not enough memory. Only 16gb with no card slot and I have 15gb of music that needs to go on it.

-X

-X

Just get a Nexus 4.

Nope. Not enough memory. Only 16gb with no card slot and I have 15gb of music that needs to go on it.

-X

Well, HTC One X is a piece of shit IMO. Get a Galaxy S3. Grey imports are dirt cheap.