Sign in to follow this  
hawkeye

Well...

We've just signed off our big merger issue of PC & Tech Authority. John's setting his Out of Office, and soon so will I.

Christ, what a year.

To be honest, we're all ending it on a pretty high note. This next issue is something we're all proud of; it's no Atomic, but it's still pretty good, packed with a huge variety of features and reviews. And, I have to admit, the Hot Award does look good in a PC&TA context.

That said, I'm not going to pretend these last few months have been easy - honestly, they haven't. And I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was on a pretty low ebb when that last issue of Atomic did go out the door. But if there was one thing that got me through this, it's been you guys. Your understanding, your passion, and your wit - here and via PMs, emails and elsewhere - have really made this something quite marvelous. To paraphrase Frodo, I was glad to have you all with me, here, at the end of all things.

So, as we prepare for what will be a very welcome two-week break, I hope you all have a very wonderful seasonal celebration. Eat, drink, imbibe, and be as merry as you can.

See y'all in 2013.

so, was there gonna be a final round of heroes and superheroes this year?

Well done! Is the first "combined" issue out yet?

(and would you like to buy a cheap kitchen)

Good stuff. I'm really looking forward to the new mag. Have a good holidays guys.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

The show must go on Dave....

And go on it will!

Happy holidays fella.

So, as we prepare for what will be a very welcome two-week break, I hope you all have a very wonderful seasonal celebration. Eat, drink, imbibe, and be as merry as you can.

See y'all in 2013.

Merry Christmas hawkeye. Even if you don't ' do it ' in the traditional manner.

Thanks for making it possible to see you and everyone else on atomic next year. That alone deserves a day or two off :P

Best Wishes from me

Evelyn.

Thanks for making it possible to see you and everyone else on atomic next year. That alone deserves a day or two off :P

Absolutely!

Happy holidays! :-)

Thanks for all the support and hard work Dave. I, for one, really appreciate it.

+1.

+eleventyhundred

There's no doubt, Dave, that without you the mag wouldn't be half what it was, and what we all hope it will continue to be. And definitely, without your passion and drive this place, the Forums, wouldn't even exist any more. Well done on that count.

Go and have a [very] well-deserved break, try not to think of us, and recharge your batteries so you can charge back in the new year with renewed energy and drive.

Edited by Zzozzach

Go and have a [very] well-deserved break, try not to think of us, and recharge your batteries so you can charge back in the new year with renewed energy and drive.

Fuck that. I want to be the last thing Dave thinks about before he goes to sleep, and the first thing that makes him smile when he wakes up.

A big personal thanks to all you crazy kids at Atomic. ILY.

'

That said, I'm not going to pretend these last few months have been easy - honestly, they haven't. And I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was on a pretty low ebb when that last issue of Atomic did go out the door. But if there was one thing that got me through this, it's been you guys. Your understanding, your passion, and your wit - here and via PMs, emails and elsewhere - have really made this something quite marvelous. To paraphrase Frodo, I was glad to have you all with me, here, at the end of all things.

Posted Image

Fuck that. I want to be the last thing Dave thinks about before he goes to sleep, and the first thing that makes him smile when he wakes up.

I used to hang from the ceiling above Dave's bed to watch him as he slept... but because of his snoring, it never worked out.

What a year ... lots of changes and change can be good but naturally with Atomic having its last issue, it can also be sad. Have a great break Dave :)