Sign in to follow this  
redrob

SAPHIRE HD7950 BIOS UPDATE

havent done a boost edition bios update but i have updated gpu bios in the past with modified bios for overclocking

simple enough when you follow the guides and with a backup bios switch on the 7950 if anything goes wrong you can still revert to the original bios

the update wont be doing anything you cant do yourself with overclocking which may allow you to reach a more optimal speed for the amount of v used which can provide lower power use\temps\noise

Cool thanks Dasa ,Mate if i wasnt such an honest bastard i could have got you a copy of the freem game bundle coupon as i couldnt find mine and the guy at Pc cASE GEAR said no probs mate ill send you another one ,it wasnt until i was crawling round the floor i found this card .hmm this is it .Anyway you might be better off waiting until the 8000 comes out .

Cheers

VTX3D Radeon HD7950 X-Edition Boost 3GB wel

You can download the new firmware here, but if you're running a card that deviates from AMD's reference design, you'll probably want to hold off until your card maker offers its own version. The company says it can't guarantee that the update will work with third-party boards and you'll void your warranty upon flashing, so proceed at your own risk. For the less experimental types, you can already buy "Boost Edition" HD 7950s with the latest BIOS. For a before and after, check out ExtremeTech's benches:

http://www.techspot.com/news/49808-amds-re...ios-update.html