Sign in to follow this  
redrob

AMD catalyst control settings

I just installed my new Saphire HD 7950 X Edition and i manged to whip out the old GTX460 and wack in the Newby ,man this thing is huge and all while my lady was out having a walk .Or else i would be a gelding by now .all i can say is wow and wow and wow omfg ,i cant wait for a game to finally download on steam its been nearly a day so i can play it ,i installed my game coupon Hitman ,Sleeping Dogs ,Oh and Far cry 3 .I cant seem to download farcry 3 from ubisoft ,it wants my credit card .

My question is the catalyst control centre i cant seem to find much info on what settings to set my card to .3D aplication settings and AMD overdrive .Any help on what are the best settings foroptimum performance will be awesome.

Cheers

Edited by redrob

its mostly just all the normal stuff aa af vsync

af forced via ccc will provide higher quality than in game so i would set that to 16x

aa will depend on the game so play with different settings if you want

rest doesnt really matter

overdrive you can just overclock the card a bit

leave the fan alone and up the clock speed give heaven a run to see if its stable

check the score with power control level at 0% and at + 20% and see if there is any difference if not you can probably leave it at 0

it just limits the max power the card can draw which can effect performance when overclocking

Thanks Dasa ,well skyrim finally finished downloading and installing on steam so ive been playing that for the last 6 hours,At the start it checks your gpu and sets accordingly to the card you have ,so thats a bonus .Ill have a play later .

Cheers