Ug Lee

SFIV = February

I know there are some people who'll be interested in seeing this, EVO 2009 final. Daigo Vs. Justin Wong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XtJhpgp6R0

Part 1 of 4 the rest of the matches are linked in the info sections.

Just like the guys over at SRK have been saying, that final probably trumps the full parry of yesteryear for intensity. Incredible fight. Whoever continues to think that footsies aren't an integral part of SF4 is just kidding themselves now.

Putting aside the merits of having counter picking on a big stage like EVO for one moment - Wong's Boxer was fucking mind blowing. The fact that Daigo prevailed through it all though speaks of him beyond what my hyperbole can.

Edited by elfinke

in other news, managed to score SS+ on hardest difficulty on SF3:TS the other night. Crazy-offensive Ibuki powerrr!!

Which SF4 character is most like my favourite ninja girl? Like SF3 I plan on never learning Ken.

if you dont learn ken you wont know him well enough to win against half of the 3 billion kenfighters online.

theres more too him than fireball, dragon,tatsu.

Like poker, in fighting games you don't play the character you play the person. I'm going to lose to whoever I play online anyway thanks to shitty copper, so why should I waste my SP time on Ken when I could be learning Ryu (and whoever is most Ninja/Pirate-like) instead? Edited by thesorehead

TSH is obviously going to be a C.Viper player :)

Mini-OHN report:

My Sakura ex-shoryu'd (like a shoryu-reppa) through a hadouken for what should have been a certain victory. However even though the first shoryu hit, the second shoryu decided not to combo (WTF FIX YOUR GAME CAPCOM) and I got taken out.

Top 8 Melbourne vs Sydney rivalry was epic. Even though the game is dodgy I'm hype for it.

OHN was really amazing once again, glad I went. Ug I expect you to make the trip with us from Melbourne next year, highlight of the year.

Just ordered the PS3 version from CDWOW for $40 shipped. Anyone who wants some games over PSN feel free to add me (Van Halo au)

Just ordered the PS3 version from CDWOW for $40 shipped. Anyone who wants some games over PSN feel free to add me (Van Halo au)

Let me know how you go with that order.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I had heaps of trouble with CDWOW and doubt i'll be buying anything from them again.

That said it was a pre-order for SF4, so maybe you'll be ok. (Though the problems with them were more than just that.)

-A-

Well I got an email from them this morning saying it shipped, so fingers crossed!

Nice... well I guess its mainly the pre-order issue.

I couldn't get mine by my b'day, so cancelled the order and got my girlfriend at the time to buy it from JB...

Then they couldn't refund the money, because my Visa debit card expiry had changed in the meantime, so all I could get with credit. So I ordered Lefd4Dead GOTY edition -- and they fucked around for ages getting that too me (and wasn't that a mistake, i've only played it once since, and L4D2 is on its way -- doh!)

Oh well.

-A-