Ug Lee

SFIV = February

Some vids of special matches organised by Japan's Arcadia magazine -

Daigo (Ryu) vs Joe (Viper)

Daigo (Ryu) vs Ino (Bison/Vega)

Daigo (Ryu) vs Nemo (Chun)

Daigo (Ryu) vs Mago (Sagat)

Daigo (Ryu) vs Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)

Daigo (Ryu) vs Fudo (Ryu)

Daigo is currently recognised as the number one SFIV player in Japan.

Parts one and two of the Sony vs Microsoft SFIV showdown at CES.

Edited by Ug Lee

It was worse when I had my Xbox, I knew it was there, but I was pained by the thought of playing it on the shitty, shitty dpad. That's not playing. I'd be no better than a fucking button masher. So reluctantly I let it go, not wanting to half-play a game I've been dying for.

The controller-S was excellent for fighting games, best d-pad since the Saturn. I used to play SF2 and SF3 online with it against tourny players from ozhadou and I would compete and win. You missed out big time!

I wonder if I should have mentioned that I was referring to the more recent Xbox 360 debacle :P

Some vids of special matches organised by Japan's Arcadia magazine -

Daigo (Ryu) vs Joe (Viper)

Daigo (Ryu) vs Ino (Bison/Vega)

Daigo (Ryu) vs Nemo (Chun)

Daigo (Ryu) vs Mago (Sagat)

Daigo (Ryu) vs Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)

Daigo (Ryu) vs Fudo (Ryu)

Daigo is currently recognised as the number one SFIV player in Japan.

Parts one and two of the Sony vs Microsoft SFIV showdown at CES.

The fight between Sagat and Ryu was quiet awesome. I love the ectoplasm effect that appears when projectiles hit each other. Damn SFIV is shaping up nicely.

woah, that was just boring 'till the Sagat fight. Love the use of Revenge parrying ... and what was that little EX-dash-thing that he used?

I have to say, until I get this at home I'll be having trouble reprogramming my hands to not parry SF3-style :--/

Focus cancelling. With the focus you can cancel heaps, and quite often into Ultras. Ryu dragon punch > focus cancel > ultra on the way down. Seen it done with Sagat too. I think Balrog can do it off his headbutt as well. No doubt you can do some shenannigans like that with every character, can't wait to do some shit and cancel into Dan's awesome ultra.

With those videos, I thought the Ryu vs Viper match was excellent as well. Viper is considered bottom tier but that dude was a machine with her.

Love the costume edits too.

Yeah Viper reminds me of that electric chick from KOF (Benimaru?) somehow.

/googles Focus Attack. Hangon... that didn't look like focus cancelling. Sagat flashed yellow when dashing, and they normally flash white when it's a focus cancel. Don't they? -_O I dunno... in any case it'll be interesting.

It was cool seeing Zangief back again. I wanna see a final atomic buster!

http://www.iplaywinner.com/street-fighter-4-system/

To Focus Attack Dash Cancel (FADC) a special move of your own, upon impact of the special move, hold the focus attack down and dash forward or backwards. This will use up two stocks of your super meter but can lead to some devastating combos if used correctly.

FYI the character flashes white when they've charged the focus attack up.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23393

One hour of a hardcore look at the game.

First thing is how awesome the language setting, not only can you select Japanese or English voices, you can customise the language for each character in the game!

They mainly focus on the new console characters, and Rose appears to be the best of them all, though Dan looks the coolest/funniest. FATHERRRRR!!

I suspect a lot of Atomicans talk about playing Street Fighter more than they actually play Street Fighter.

I hope you don't mean me.

I play SF every chance I get, but to be honest, playing the CPU gets old and I'm without an online version. No one wants to play me any more. Every time I have a meet, I'm almost begging people to play, but to no avail. I meet new people, and occasionally they'll talk about how Street Fighter is 'wicked awesome' or some such nonsense, and I get a little glimmer of hope. Then they say they want to know how to get that green guy to do the electric thingo, and I die a little inside.

So I sit at home, playing Alpha 3 alone on my PS2, endlessly clearing Arcade and Survival modes almost on autopilot, and silently fuming at whoever it is that's delayed STHD on PS3. It was worse when I had my Xbox, I knew it was there, but I was pained by the thought of playing it on the shitty, shitty dpad. That's not playing. I'd be no better than a fucking button masher. So reluctantly I let it go, not wanting to half-play a game I've been dying for.

We'll sort it out, either through some GGPO troubleshooting or finally seeing a release on PS3. And when we do, I hope you beat me. I'd like to slip a round in here and there if I can, for pride, you know, but in all honesty I hope you slap me across the screen and back again. I don't want to be done with this stuff. I want to know there's more to do, that I can get away from beating the CPU while daydreaming about something else. I want to step up to a real challenge, because I'm stagnating just mindlessly thrashing the singleplayer. At the moment, I'm hitting Tekken 5 DR pretty hard, and improving quite a bit, but it's not the same. I can't even play that against real people, for it is a righteous lagfest. I'm just endlessly going through Ghost Mode, getting all my characters up to Dark Lord, and moving on to the next.

It's fucking depressing. For the first time, I've ALMOST got a chance to go up against some real competition, to break out of the monotony that is playing the CPU and thrashing new people at meets. I only get to play new people once, maybe three matches in all, and then it's back to no one wanting to play me. It's SO CLOSE, this whole new world of opposition and the chance to improve my game, but it's been cruelly delayed, a sick joke by God to keep me bored.

Don't say things like that man. I'm in agony here!

What city do you live in Tak? There regular gatherings for various FGs out there in most major cities.

Went to EB today and enquired about a preorder on the CE, and they said although they didn't have a firm figure, I'd be looking at around $200.

Yikes.

(But seriously, sifn't get it anyway :P)

Yeah $199.95 is the RRP for the CE. Between this and the TE stick I'm looking at $450 minimum, but it's going to be worth it.

It's my birthday next month, I might get all the family to band together with my girlfriend and get the CE as one big present from all of them.

Awesome scores for both input devices. Still spewing that there's no local release of the arcade sticks. :(

Don't know if this has been posted yet but I just saw this, the entire roster trailer. Goes for about 5 mins and apparently about 280MB but you stream it from the site.Alright if you're an internode customer cause its unmetered.

http://games.on.net/article/4814/Street_Fi...e_entire_roster

I watched the trailer and loved it.

I'm downloading it so that we can show the trailer at work. I'll give it to the guys in IT to put on the laptops :D

Awesome scores for both input devices. Still spewing that there's no local release of the arcade sticks. :(

EB have a listing for a stick, but it doesn't mention the manufacturer. No chance of it being the TE stick of course.

Anyone interested in an upload of the game manual?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LOXY2QVR

Interesting that in confirms the collector's edition coming with a key for 5 downloadable alternative costumes, meaning the rest will be DLC, Scamco style. The first of the five I download will without doubt be Balrog's Apollo Creed-style costume, followed by Zangief's Mike Haggar outfit.

Edited by Ug Lee