Sign in to follow this  
NukeJockey

CCC Settings

I got a 7950 a few weeks ago and tried to overclock pretty unsuccessfully, however today I discovered a setting in CCC that I didn't notice last time, it is the control settings, now this was originally on 0, so I put it up to 20% and upped the GPU clock to 900mhz and played a few mins of FC3 (last time I tried when I OC'd it would crash) so then I tried it on 1000mhz and that was also successful.

Am I correct in assuming that the power control settings will affect the potential overclock of my GPU core?

If this is the case and 1000mhz is stable (will do some fur tests in a moment) what are most people reaching with the 7950s? 1050 seem doable?

Cheers.

*EDIT* The only different thing I'm doing is using Asus GPU Tweak instead of CCC to do the overclock, would that make any difference?

Just tested some Assassin's Creed 3 and was getting constant 60 in areas where I was getting mid 40s to low 50s, so I'm very happy with that.

Going to try Furmark now, then if it works out, push it a little further.

*EDIT2* So its not fur stable at 950 or 1000, will try 900 and hope it atleast does that. If its stable in games (and doesn't appear to have any issues after a few hours of play) would it be safe to leave or do I really need something thats fur stable? Better yet, should I just use 3dm 11?

Edited by NukeJockey

I reckon if its stable in games then go with it. Furmark isnt really a real world representation of the load a card will experience in gaming so unless you really want to get some benchmarks going I would stick with what works in games and enjoy the sweet eye candy from the overclocked card :)

Have you tried Unigene Heaven - it gives the GPU a good workout and seems very representative of high quality games graphics.

lmao, aww dude I went through the same thing just recently. got a p/c 7950pcs+ thought my card was buggered, clocked it to 950 thinking, it'd be sweet, but my scores got worse. kept overclocking, underclocking, voltage increasing/decreasing. until i hit that slider to 20 it was a dud card imo. went from 5000ish 3d11marks to 10000. felt so n00b, not like i haven't overclocked a card before...