Sign in to follow this  
Zzozzach

Ubuntu mobile

I used to feel like that too.

But even on nokia handsets that didn't include stopwatch or countdown timer.

Everything is so easy to do on android I have no problem with stuff not being included. Also I'm probably used to not getting any useful apps installed with new handsets.

Yep, its a quirk of mine. Just feels like we developed a mobile OS so far, the the point where it was at least useful out of the box, only to scrap it for an OS thats capable, yet no manufacturer is shipping it as such. They're usually more worried about including games than decent tools.

~

Anyway, back on topic. I booted into Ubuntu last night to make sure my memory isn't faulty; and I still stand by my opinion.

The UNITY interface is already 100% mobile friendly.

The full desktop browser, and open office worked well using the accessability on screen keyboard and mouse only, and I added 'calc' to my launcher as a pseudo dialer. As a phone interface, I think it would be amazing. That sidebar is great.

whoever designed unity did do really well, for new users it's great. now we just need a tablet with it native

whoever designed unity did do really well, for new users it's great. now we just need a tablet with it native

I'm not a fan. It has some good aspects, but it's ugly and has some usability faults that drove me mad.

Looks like your dreams have come true. WINE is coming to Android.

What's the point when it doesn't emulate an x86 CPU?

Good luck finding an X86 device that doesn't suck balls.

Let alone an ARM SoC that can run it.