gramyre

bobthemonkey's house burns down

To those of you that know bobthemonkey I have some bad news. The house that he was living in with his lady Bec and their new baby Phoenix has burned to the ground in Dunalley. They have lost everything.

Posted Image

He and his family are now housed in a refuge and are understandably dazed by what has happened

If you wish to help in a meaningful way here are Bob's bank details, direct deposit what you can.

bsb: 065119

acc: 1001 4836

Aww bloody hell. :(

Also:

"The account number you have entered appears to be a credit card number.

If this is true, the BSB number entered needs to be deleted to proceed."

Edited by Director

I am sorry to hear that happened to Bob, I hope things get better for him soon.

Aww bloody hell. :(

Also:

"The account number you have entered appears to be a credit card number.

If this is true, the BSB number entered needs to be deleted to proceed."

Worked for me...make sure no space :)

Yeah did that.

Ok it worked that time?

Hope they had insurance.

Edited by Director

I'm not exactly Bob's biggest fan, but I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. Both him and his family have my sincerest sympathy and best wishes.

I've thrown some cash into the pot.

Rob.

[edit]: Wording.

Edited by robzy

Geez....

Didn't know he was down there, I was watching closely to see nothing arced up around Launceston where we have a few members.

Things are silly kinds of tight here just now, will see what I can scrape up.

Commiserations Bob if/when you read this.

Cheers

Glad to hear Bob and his family are safe, and together.

Hope they had insurance.

I reckon that'll be a cue and a half.

thank god they are safe, you can rebuild a house, but it's hard to rebuild a family,

Have added what little I can at this stage until I can organise more. Thanks Nichers for sharing the information.

I had no idea there were any atomicans in that area so am very saddened to read about bobthemonkey and his family and their great loss.

I'm in the process of organising a heap of clothes and old baby items that we no longer require to head down to Hobart sometime with. Perhaps I may have something Bob and his family might need if anyone has more direct contact information or could let him know my details that would be very helpful.

My brother is a police office down that way involved in the evacuations in the Dodges Ferry and Dunalley areas and I know he is exhausted - it's been a very full on few days down that way.

Thanks for sharing the word G. Bob - hang in there bud, life will give you another phoenix from all this. Stay strong like we know you will man. Absolutely fucken terrible, but you're all still with us.

Was asked about Bob's little baby boy. Here is Phoenix (nicknamed Phin) born in May. His favourite things and Christmas presents all went up with the house

Posted Image

Thanks to everyone that is helping out - you rock!. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose everything when you have a baby depending on you.

As you can imagine all phones are down and mobile network is still congested down there so contact is limited to what he can get out.

Bob was here practically before the ark... donation made.

Just talked to Bob on Facebook. He and the family were evacuated by boat with only what they could carry. He only had $20 to his name and thanks those that deposited cash as it was the most immediately helpful thing he could use.

Phin was given some donated toys to play with as he was super bored for a day with nothing to amuse him.

Bob is trying to get info for where things can be sent but has nowhere yet. As soon as he gets it I shall pass it on.

They have not let residents back to get cars (people stashed them in another suburb). Once he has transport he will then start to think about what is next.

He sends his THANKS! to everyone who has helped or will help on behalf of himself and his family.

Aw, man, that's terrible - I'll try and shift some cash into that account come payday.

Thinkin' of ya, Bob!

I really can't afford to help him out unfortunately, but my deepest sympathies to him and his Family.

I lived in Yarra Glen during the black saturday fires and I know many people who lost their homes, it can't be easy, but I've seen first hand that things WILL get better for those affected. Best of luck to you and your family Bob.

I got some stuff which I am happy to send, to help him start to rebuild.

Grams, as soon as he has an address that we can ship to, I will load him up with whatever I can.

Geez...that's tough. As a longtime firey I've seen the aftermath of many a bushfire, and it never gets any easier to take. My heart goes out to Bob and his family for their loss, but thank goodness they all got away safely. As someone's already pointed out, possessions can always be replaced eventually, people cannot.

At the end of the month I'll see about pushing a few $$ his way.

Damn, I'm watching ACA about the fires now. Devastating.

I'm glad to hear Bob and family are safe. That is the main thing. You're all okay.

I'll see what I can do around payday, chip in what I can.

His favourite things and Christmas presents all went up with the house

Aw jees. That gets me right in the feels.

Thanks for the updates gramyre.

Rob.

It's been so long I'd forgotten my password!

So sorry to hear this news and even more sorry I don't have anything to donate. I had no idea you even lived down there.

Best wishes!