Sign in to follow this  
pb111

Upgrading monitor time!

hi guys thinking about upgrading from 19s to 22 time, kinda thinking along the lines of Samsung....

Maybe the 2233BW or the T220

Looks fairly similar to me, specs seems pretty similar too, anyone read up on them? Also, since im going with bigger screen hence higher reso, my 19 only do 1280 atm, if i pulled out a 1680 on the 22", probably should get a new gfx card since i'll lose some fps hey? im on a p35 motherboard running a Q6600 on 3.2GHZ with a 8800GT OC version. what do u guys rkn?

Should i get a motherboard since i dont have PCI-E 2 ? or it doesn't really matter?

or just f*** it my 8800GT should b alright?

thanks in advance!

Not too sure about the Samsung model you mentioned below, I have got Samsung 215TW myself and very happy with it. Have a look at the 22" LG monitors, they've got very good reviews in the last edition of Atomic mag.

Your 8800GT should be fine. I have only got 7600Gt and it is doing fine.

hi guys thinking about upgrading from 19s to 22 time, kinda thinking along the lines of Samsung....

Maybe the 2233BW or the T220

Looks fairly similar to me, specs seems pretty similar too, anyone read up on them? Also, since im going with bigger screen hence higher reso, my 19 only do 1280 atm, if i pulled out a 1680 on the 22", probably should get a new gfx card since i'll lose some fps hey? im on a p35 motherboard running a Q6600 on 3.2GHZ with a 8800GT OC version. what do u guys rkn?

Should i get a motherboard since i dont have PCI-E 2 ? or it doesn't really matter?

or just f*** it my 8800GT should b alright?

thanks in advance!

thx for the advice mate, i ended up getting a T220 with a Galaxy 260GTX+, loving both of them! the only thing is i couldn't get my old MSI software thing off my display properties, it adds like extra tab to them like for overclocking and what not... have no clue how to get rid of them... (from my old video card btw).