Sign in to follow this  
deuce_23

dvd sound whos responsible

on a dvd the sound goes louder and softer im sick of turning the sound up and down is there a way around this or do i have to send death threats to those responsible?

who is responsible?

Unfortunately, you havent given us any information to go on so and hence its hard to make a recommendation. However, if I had to guess, it would the fact that you are looking at someone to blame makes me believe that you dont even know how to use your own computer.

There can be only one reason I can think of and it is software related. Automatic gain control. Essentially, what it does is increases or decreses the volume of "whatever" so that it maintains a constant volume so that damage doesnt occur to your equipment which includes your ears. Not a lot of sound cards or onboard solutions actually have that but some DVD software players do include a program known as AC3 which generally resides in your control panel. All you really have to do is look for software similar to that and make the changes, which is to switch it auto gain off.

Of course I could be wrong but you not havent provided the relevent information. Oh, and btw, if you are sick of turning the volume up and down all the time, use a dvd player. Theyre cheaper than a computer and with a TV produce much better images. So, save your death threats and use your brains a little. It might help you.

Either that, or it's dynamic range control (DRC, which is kind of the same as automatic gain control except that it exists not to protect your equipment, but rather to try and make all the sounds the same volume so that you don't miss out on any of them. I've heard it described as on-the-fly normalization.) There should be a setting somewhere (either in the dvd playing application itself or the actual hardware dvd player, as you haven't specified which you are using,) to turn this feature off.

Either that, or it's dynamic range control (DRC, which is kind of the same as automatic gain control except that it exists not to protect your equipment, but rather to try and make all the sounds the same volume so that you don't miss out on any of them. I've heard it described as on-the-fly normalization.) There should be a setting somewhere (either in the dvd playing application itself or the actual hardware dvd player, as you haven't specified which you are using,) to turn this feature off.

Hey i just ment with standard dvd player.s The sound on my computer is fine when watching dvds and blu ray. its when i play dvds on my normal dvd player that the sound is screwed how do i get around it.

Generally, the procedure is something like this: with no disk in the drive, go into the dvd player's menu, go to audio, and make sure that DRC is off. While you're there ensure that the dvd player is outputting the audio to the correct speakers. It may be that you've only go two stereo speakers but the dvd player is trying to output to 6 (a 5.1 setup.) If this is the case it may account for the seemingly random changes in volume.

besically look in the menus of both the TV plaing the audio, and the audio options of the DVD player.

my TV has that volume control on auto as i find it makes speaking louder for me and explosions quieter, which is nice.

but each to their own.

besically look in the menus of both the TV plaing the audio, and the audio options of the DVD player.

my TV has that volume control on auto as i find it makes speaking louder for me and explosions quieter, which is nice.

but each to their own.

Cheers thanks for the help it seems to be working have to test it on more movies tho