Sign in to follow this  
noskcaj

2tb ssd

well here is 1tb for $600 so id say 2tb would be somewhere between $1000-4000 unless its a hybrid

Micron/Crucial briefed us on their new M500 line of SSDs, which upgrades the controller to the Marvell 88SS9187-BLD2 along with moving to 20nm Micron MLC NAND. Along with the NAND process shrink Micron is bringing higher capacity SSDs down to previously unheard of prices?particularly for what should be high performance, high quality SSDs. The M500 line will launch with 120/240/480/960GB models, in 2.5?, mSATA, and M.2 (formerly NGFF) form factors. Full pricing information isn?t available yet, but Micron is promising the 960GB drives will cost under $600. We?ve basically seen the same sort of drive upgrade from Plextor already with the M5 Pro, though both Plextor and Micron of course provide their own customized firmware. Note also that both the Micron and Crucial versions will use the same M500 branding, which will hopefully alleviate any confusion this time around. Here are the core specs for the four capacities.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6614/micronc...sd-line-of-ssds

or 1tb usb stick for $3400

Most of the drives that Kingston is showing off are dummy mock ups, but a couple prototype 1TB drives are here at the show. The part number on this bad boy is DTHXP30/1T and it has an MSRP of around $3400. Kingston will also have a 512GB version (DTHXP30/512GB) that has an MSRP around $1750 and it is actually listed up on Amazon right now.

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/14884/

wow. with how much micron are fitting on a 2.5, imagine how much they could get on a 3.5 if they wanted. BTW that 1tb is pretty good value. stupidly expensive, but quite good value.

I would love a 500gb SSD for $250. Would instabuy at that price and it is all I need for OS and all my software. Storage would still be kept on mechanical drives.