Sign in to follow this  
ameel

Is it worth upgrading?

I currently have a GTX580 on a 2600k with 16gb setup.

I use 2 monitors and a TV although the GTX580 only powers my "main"/gaming monitor at 2048x1152.

I have yet to find games I want to spend time playing (i usually try games for a couple of minutes and move on), but will I benefit significantly more to upgrade to a newer/faster card? (7970/gtx680?)?

cheers

I suggest you find games you like first then see if the performance is good enough or if you want extra.

I suggest you find games you like first then see if the performance is good enough or if you want extra.

you seem to imply there are games for which a gtx580 isn't good enough to perform fully. is that right?

Edited by ameel

I don't really know but you can find out. What monitor are you using?

I don't really know but you can find out. What monitor are you using?

Like I mentioned above, my monitor runs at 2048x1152 :)

there is games that will run noticeably better with a 79#0\gtx670\680

but since you are not playing those games and current gen cards are getting long in the tooth i wouldnt be in a hurry to upgrade

although 7950 for $300 will be faster giving you twice as much vram and using a fair chunk less power

there is games that will run noticeably better with a 79#0\gtx670\680

but since you are not playing those games and current gen cards are getting long in the tooth i wouldnt be in a hurry to upgrade

although 7950 for $300 will be faster giving you twice as much vram and using a fair chunk less power

which games for instance?

I saw this http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/90941 (Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB OC Graphics Card $349.00) and was wondering whether I should upgrade or not.

I'm currently on a GTX680 but looking to upgrade to a GTX780. am i nuts or what..?

I'm currently on a GTX680 but looking to upgrade to a GTX780. am i nuts or what..?

since the gtx 770 is faster, why not?