Rybags

Adobe CS2 free for download

Saw an article about this on a Norwegian tech site. Apparently it requires you to have a license and they are offering this to those customers, to "Help Them".

Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers. While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers.

Source

So i suppose if you use it without owning a copy of it from before then you are using it illegally.

Edited by smakme7757

I signed up for an Adobe account a while back, and I can download CS2 and other products (despite not owning them) and I believe I have been given product keys for it. I will double check this though...

Edited by nobody813

The keys Adobe supplied worked. I just installed Adobe Acrobat 8, which needed me to enter a product key

Of course they work, i\that's what they are there for. But you also have to agree to a license agreement.....

It seems they have disabled the activation servers for the products and these keys are to allow previous owners to activate the product they purchased. I guess a small downside is that they are available for anyone to use even though legally they are using it illegally. But i doubt Adobe care. Those product are nearly 10 years old.

The keys Adobe supplied worked. I just installed Adobe Acrobat 8, which needed me to enter a product key

Of course they work, i\that's what they are there for. But you also have to agree to a license agreement.....

It seems they have disabled the activation servers for the products and these keys are to allow previous owners to activate the product they purchased. I guess a small downside is that they are available for anyone to use even though legally they are using it illegally. But i doubt Adobe care. Those product are nearly 10 years old.

Yeah, I was confused with the whole situation. They should have made the lot abandware :-P

Yeah, I was confused with the whole situation. They should have made the lot abandware :-P

No such thing as a free lunch Mr Nobody :P

No such thing as a free lunch Mr Nobody :P

:-(

Hahaha