brad_543

Wall Mount for Samsung LED

Hello, I have a Samsung SyncMaster P2770FH that I would like to wall mount... How ever the monitor does not appear to have "wall mount" holes in it.

Does anybody know how I could achieve this ?

I was thinking of "shaping" a piece of wood/metal to fit the curved back of the monitor and from there drill 4 holes (then put a mount on that) (not sure how I would attach it... epoxy ?)

Or if I could get hold of a wall mount that is " [ " that shape (literally) with a lip on each end. The monitor could then slide in.

Here is a picture of the back : http://www.google.co.nz/imgres?um=1&hl...,r:10,s:0,i:111

Thanks in advance :)

Brad

Unfortunately that monitor does not have VESA mounts (the 4 holes) so youare going to have to look at another method of wall mounting.

Easiest, all though least secure, is to use some super strong adhesive to glue mounts to the back of the monitor and hang it on some picture wire or similar.

Otherwise I would be looking at modding the stand by removing it from the monitor and seeing how it could be modified to take a VESA mount.

Don't know of any "frame clamp" wall mounts but they may be out there.

Why not install a small floating shelf to sit the monitor on?

Make sure that the shelf can support the monitor weight (+ anything else you want to put on it) and you screw it into studs in the wall, not just the plasterboard.

Seems you're shit out of luck for any sort of commercial wall-mount for that monitor, and I'd be hesitant to hang it with epoxy and picture wire.

I didn't even know it was possible to get monitors without VESA mounts! Ha.

I didn't even know it was possible to get monitors without VESA mounts! Ha.

Ye a lot of the LED LCDs started coming out without VESA but the manufacturers seemed to have reversed that decision as they seem to be appearing again on these monitors. Bloody pain not having a VESA mount.

You're in luck, LED TV's are light. VERY light. So we can fab something quite easy, considering you were going to wall mount, i'll assume you can screw into the wall.

I'd grab 2x L shaped brackets, and 1x bendable brackets (they have screw holes in them, normally come in rows of 10 or so)

I'd screw the L shaped brackets into the wall, at the corners of the monitor, and weld\bend\glue somethign on them to stop the monitor sliding forward.

I'd then take the bendable bracket, attach it above the monitor, and bend it so it clamps the top of the monitor.

So you have a triangle of brackets holding the monitor.