Flouncy

War Thunder

Everything was all easy in the tutorials, but as soon as I got to the second one in the second section where you have to lock on and shoot down some blimps, my yaw control inverted by itself and i could barely control the freaking thing.

Will get the joystick out from now on.

I did change the invert yaw in the setting but even after getting it back to normal, was still really weird and horrible to control it.

Have you guys changed your vent settings? I can't connect. Can you PM me the deets (if different to what's listed in the Af1 forums).

Any chance of a comparison review against the World of Tanks series. Kinda looks and sounds better might have to download and check it out for myself.

This is v.important -

don't go hard on one nation at first. Get to level 1 on EACH nation. Just level 1. That'll do. Then go mental on whatever you want.

Because. That opens up the # of multi missions we can do together. Cos everyone has to be level 1 or the missions are locked.

Much better with joystick and pedals.

Will finish off the last tutorial tomorrow then for some action.

This game looks crazy - when they introduce the tanks etc that is.

The handling is just like a normal flight sim compared to WOWP. I'm extremely interested in this now.

This is v.important -

don't go hard on one nation at first. Get to level 1 on EACH nation. Just level 1. That'll do. Then go mental on whatever you want.

Because. That opens up the # of multi missions we can do together. Cos everyone has to be level 1 or the missions are locked.

Roger that, Atomic leader.

G

Edited by grey g

This is v.important -

Roger that, Atomic leader.

G

Not me man. I'd be a poor squad commander. Anyway, so far it works well as a collective collaborative leadership :} Man, that sneaky strategy stuff around the coast yesterday was top fun. Many adventures to unfold ahead!

Ok im now a Top Gun pilot. I will hopefully jump on after F1.

Call Sign Maveric.................. I mean SOJ

Posted Image

"You can be my wing man, anytime"

G

"Bullshit you can be mine" gay bro hug and smile.

I tried to join a game last night but the queue was HUGE!

It works reasonably well around now. Rogue and I had quite a few games, though we had to wait around 1 minute for each

Working until 4.00 wa time then gym, then WAR !!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to catch you next time Mav-SOJ, that'd be in the vicinity of 3am on a school night :-p

Still need to rank up the Yanks and the Japanese.

Oh, and for the record, jets vs biplanes is ridiculous, the dude running about in a 262 had nearly 20 aircraft kills in one game.

G

You'll be able to filter that shit out in the full game. You can see the greyed-out boxes for level ranges that'll work in the full game.

Will be having a go tonight for a couple of hrs, in about 30. SOJ I've friended you.

Will be in GP2 vent if anyone keen, Gunny in too.

Will be having a go tonight for a couple of hrs, in about 30. SOJ I've friended you.

Will be in GP2 vent if anyone keen, Gunny in too.

I'll try and be on then too. I should also put the Steam screenshots I took here :-P

That was decent. Pity about the limit of 4 of us in a squad for custom missions (beta at least). But there's plenty of other options for more of us to do.

Good onya bushi and PointZeroOne :}

Nick = Ghost238

I'm liking this game. I have been hanging for a multiplayer flight sim(even if this is a little arcadey) for ages and was going to try a Falcon 4.0 online community. I am using an Xbox controller here but I think I will have to get my old MS Sidewinder out even though it has a missing trigger button. The Xbox controller is reminding me how much I hate FPS's on console. I just cannot aim smoothly.

What is with all these good lookin free to play games coming out. Microtransactions ftw, I will never pay for anything in them but at least I get to experience the game.

Some screenshots from today's shenanigans (links as they're directly from Steam):

- Rogue and I capturing an airfield, and almost running into each other in the process

- Me attempting to flee from very high tier aircraft, by climbing as high as I can. Even though I ended up being killed by some stupidly good Spitfire, my destroyed plane landed on an artillery piece and killed it

- Last but not least, SOJ's 1st kill!!!

Edited by nobody813