Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
nobody813

GeForce Titan rumour thread

Just thought I'd start a thread on this, as it seems more and more articles are popping up about it. Will be interesting to see as usual if they're close to what we get. For those who have no idea what this Titan is, have a read here on our very own PC and Tech Authority. As for some newer rumours; First NVIDIA GeForce Titan 780 Performance Numbers Revealed

Posted Image

i thought it was supposed to be slower than gtx690 yet that score is what a overclocked gtx680 sli system gets

maybe thats showing it scales well with vmods on ln2?

Man if it truly is that powerful and due out in feb, I should sell my card now while its worth anything lol

a little something from xs forums

Apparently, NVIDIA just sent a bunch of Titan cards to websites and blogs... so we should see reviews/leaks real soon.

It will be named GTX780Ti, will be 899$ with a TDP of 225W and 6 gig ram.

GTX780 will be based on Titan but with 4 gig of ram and there will be a 2 gig version.

Anyway we'll see real soon.

Looking at the specs makes me think the GTX 690 might be faster. Hope Im wrong but looks awesome. Even if it is slower, as long as it is priced for its relative performance.

Edited by gamble

Looking at the specs makes me think the GTX 690 might be faster. Hope Im wrong but looks awesome. Even if it is slower, as long as it is priced for its relative performance.

gtx690 was always going to be faster when sli scales well

but for gaming titan will be so much better sli has gone down hill and so has crossfire drivers it seems as both card makers are focusing more on other aspects of the drivers

if titan is anything like gtx480 it should be a monster on water but i bet nvidia has put the screws on overclocking

I found this video very explanatory for why Titan exists and can co-exist along side the 690.

It explains the new Boost 2.0 overclocking as well as the new monitor overclocking built into the drivers.

*Seems like water cooling dream card. I'm looking at the health of my funds atm. :p

Edited by Modz

Is kind a weird. Titan has 6GB of VRAM, yet falls behind a 2x2GB GTX 690 at high resolutions

even at 5760x1080 most current games will still use under 2gb without a fair bit of aa

Edit:

fairly sure this crysis 3 review has memory usage and how it increases at higher res and with aa

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/crysi...a-test-gpu.html

Edited by Dasa

Is kind a weird. Titan has 6GB of VRAM, yet falls behind a 2x2GB GTX 690 at high resolutions

even at 5760x1080 most current games will still use under 2gb without a fair bit of aa

Edit:

fairly sure this crysis 3 review has memory usage and how it increases at higher res and with aa

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/crysi...a-test-gpu.html

Ah okay. Cheers for that Dasa

On another topic, I'm struggling to load that link. Fuck this shitty net

lol me to hence why i said i think thats the link

dam telstra caped my nextg to 64k

was trying to play l4d2 earlier and some maps were ok but others every 5 seconds it would say reconnecting to server

Posted Image

give skyrim a go with 8k shadow res a shitload of big texture mods and increased ugrid load a 8000x1600 8xaa and watch all cards below 6bg crumble to ~3-5fps or crash

Edited by Dasa

Capped net is always fun. I moved out of home today for uni, and the net in this apartment is woeful. That and I have to share it...

But yeah, 1080p with 4x MSAA uses a fair bit of memory. Crysis 3 will kill my HD 5870 haha