Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
nobody813

GeForce Titan rumour thread

Such a badass card! I personally prefer a single GPU solution rather than SLI/Crossfire.

At the moment I have a 680GTX but am seeking better performance. Looks like I will be SLI'ing with another 680, would love to be able to afford a Titan though.

Hi Regarding the throttling on Titans if it bothers you you can try this (http://www.techinferno.com/2013/04/28/nvidia-gtx-titan-modified-vbios-for-more-control-and-better-overclocking/) I tried it on Both my EVGA SC Titans and it was awesome for benchmarking, although i have them back at stock BIOS as my games are fine my cards boost to 1034 and 1045 as one cards ASIC is better than the others 70.1% vs 66.4% the ASIC make all the difference, one cards hotter by 5 degrees and boosts less and requires more voltage just a tiny bit more but but enough to increase temps and limit its total boost anyway thats mu 2 cents.

Ive actually emailed the guy that made the bios about other things not related to bios but looks like he removed boost 2.0. Also, to me asic means crap! My first Titan was 79.1 asic ran low 80c on custom bios 1.212v @ 70% fan. Second Titan ran 10c lower in same system, clocks higher, with a 70 asic. With stock bios the second card did very little throttle and would maintain 1.176 - 1.187v up to around 1189mhz. But like you said, for gaming stock bios is fine. I think 1163mhz/3500m is where it will be when not benching.