Sign in to follow this  
AccessDenied

Simcity.

OK. I'm wanting to get this game. I'm not fussed about the always on. Why? Because I *want* to play multiplayer. I want to team up with people. Gonna need net for that.

So who else was going to be getting on board and playing?

I still need to create an account. (Technically, I won't even look at getting the game until my wife is employed again. She was made redundant recently, so employment first, disposable income THEN game!)

AD

If I break my principles and actually purchase this software then yes I would like to build a city with you.

I will see how the final product is before making my final decision.

Game looks rubbish to me, looks like I'm stuck with SC4 (and cities in motion when I want to build road networks) for a while yet...

I am not impressed by the DRM (how many years will they keep the servers running?), but it is 90% due to the small maps and weird zoning/roading they have set up.

If only I knew people who played SC2K Network edition....

I didn't really like the small maps in the 'beta' I did like the change in how zoning worked though.

I'll most likely be getting it.

Won't be playing it. I quite like the building bit, but I'm shit at getting these things to be self-sustaining - doing it in competition with someone else is just inviting them to punch me in the face.

Probably not buying over the DRM with EA/Origin i have enough accounts and passwords to remember. Secondly i know EA will push the price up to near $100.

Probably not buying over the DRM with EA/Origin i have enough accounts and passwords to remember. Secondly i know EA will push the price up to near $100.

Well the Digital Deluxe Edition is already close to $100.

Well the Digital Deluxe Edition is already close to $100.

Might wait for a bit then ,it might drop in price and all the day one bugs fixed.

Shame it looks like a good game.

Will be playing it, but I'll be shit at it, so I don't really want to bring anyone else's cities down with me.

Will be playing it, but I'll be shit at it, so I don't really want to bring anyone else's cities down with me.

Really difficult to be shit at the new SC. You have to try really hard to fail to actually fail. Shit is way too easy from the beta. Edited by tof

Sounds like it's following the trend set by everyone else.

Going after a larger market by dumbing the games down to appeal to a wider audience.

Well yer EA needs money so of course.

Basically the game is set out to make you succeed, the only variable is how long you take to develop your citytown. I was able to still turn a profit even while trying to go by my usual play style which is slowly planning roads and future areas instead of going nuts grid and zoning asap.

The 1 hour limit on the beta really didn't suit my slow style so I had a couple of sessions where I just didn't care and tried to max my population with grids and that got even easier with bigger profits.

Edited by tof

i'll def be getting it, been playing tropico 4 for ages now and am pretty keen for a new city to opress my people in. Dunno if i'll pay the full retail for it tho, if i can find it for $50 anywhere il get it then

You can also buy it for $39.99 from CDKeysHere and then purchase the Digital Deluxe upgrade pack from Origin for $20 so that saves you quite a bit, but I do hope it will still be available after release.

Edited by Blue Fire

well there ya go, looks like il get it from one of those sites, are you guys getting it from there as well?

well there ya go, looks like il get it from one of those sites, are you guys getting it from there as well?

I already pre-ordered from CDKeysHere so hoping that upgrade pack stays on Origin.

So I pre-ordered this from VideoEzy because it was so cheap at 45 bucks and I didn't want to miss out on MP. Looking forward to its release now!

lol Thanks nobody. Already expected this garbage from EA.

Lucky I'm away from home for work and I still have to wait for delivery from VideoEzy. Hopefully these issues will be resolved by the time I can play it. Fundamentally these problems will always be there though... Maybe I should have stuck to my principles and not supported EA.

I think for me this is another great reason why I don't buy games on (or before) release. I then don't have to worry about many of the issues such as the above server congestion, and save money when prices eventually come down from their stupidly high levels. Sure, I play games late, but it's worth it for me

Will definitely buy this game one day though. Re-downloading SimCity 4 Deluxe right now so I can play something similar haha

SC4..4LYF! I still play it to this day. While SC13 has a number of pitfalls it does improve on some areas so I'm still looking forward to it.

My GP1 results are going to hurt from this SC13 release. No time for F1 anymore! :P

Edited by tof