Sign in to follow this  
AccessDenied

Simcity.

No lag whatsoever, it has no bearing on the gameplay. But the Oceanic servers aren't actually here, or nearby, from what I've been able to gather. I think they're all pretty much Stateside.

I've been unable to invite friends at all...wondered if it's a cross-server thing?

I don't play MMOs/online...

I tried searching in-game for "NukeJockey" and getting 0 hits.

Have to be on the same server, I added you to origin friends though, so i should be on your ingame friends list, playing on oceania 2.

Im so glad i didnt pre order this, at the moment i was going to get it i had a flashback to the launch of D3, SWtor, GW2 and every other online game that fails at the lunch cause of server traffic.

I do still plan to get it tho, all the reviews are hating on the game because of server issues and bugs but say the game play is still good. Maybe i'll get it next week or whenever they do a big patch. Provided people around here still hold some interest in it, the social teamwork aspect of the game seems a main focus. Im gonna need an industrial and tourist type neighbour city for all the oppressed people in my police state to visit

Fuck me if I can figure out how to join a game.... all of the plots are taken.

And there's no way to filter "show only games with spare cities"

30min clicking through them, the fuck>

Do people want to chuck their Origin user names up here and what server you're on?

If I get a request from someone I don't know, I'll likely ignore it.

I'm "hectorbustnuts" on server Oceanic 2.

Do people want to chuck their Origin user names up here and what server you're on?

If I get a request from someone I don't know, I'll likely ignore it.

I'm "hectorbustnuts" on server Oceanic 2.

Duece1978 keep an eye out

dysorderx, usually on Oceanic 1.

Anyone up for organising an Atomic region or waiting until the servers settle?

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Anyone worked out how to trade commodities directly between between neighboring cities, or do they have to be bought and sold on the Global Market?

i havent had to much trouble getting online just mainly dropping out while playing please add me Deuce1978

i dont care for the refund give me bigger maps instead. Why did they make the maps so small for?

Now i have purchased a copy i will wait till someone makes a crack then i will download the cracked version without drm and hopefully bigger maps.

When will we know the sales figure?

Apparently there is a lot of server side calculation, meaning the game would need to be re-engineered to be played offline, I'm not sure its possible to crack it, unless they can reverse engineer it like cracked wow servers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/201...-public-letter/

Interesting letter if it did come from an employee, but it'd be easy enough to write as an outsider too. I don't disagree with anything in it.

I'd almost forgotten the Spore debacle, that was another EA DRM bungle.

When reading that letter i see a lot of truth. Just wonder what backlash will be taken against EA for this poor release and its ant-consumer stance. Will someone be sending a copy of this into the ACCC ? It certainly deserves to be in the hands of the ACCC now.

Spore died and become a budget release before it had a chance to breathe ,just hope they put a Offline mode in Simcity before it follows the same path.

Apparently there is a lot of server side calculation, meaning the game would need to be re-engineered to be played offline, I'm not sure its possible to crack it, unless they can reverse engineer it like cracked wow servers.

Because EA would really spend millions on sever hardware to do processing that any modern low end processor could do at home?

So all good with the servers now, I'm about to DL?

There are servers up. But I'm not the only one playing on Antarctica because Oceania is full.

Because EA would really spend millions on sever hardware to do processing that any modern low end processor could do at home?

Well they have, haven't they? They spent money on making it online, so it's really not that far fetched.

The fact that the game is only around 2.2gb is also quite telling.

Lol I'm on Antarctica to. Figured not many people would be on it.

Actually having a ball with it so far. Don't like not being able to turn disasters off.

I know it has smaller city maps but I like being able to build different kind of cities in the region.

Happy .......so far ( still hate EA)

Lol I'm on Antarctica to. Figured not many people would be on it.

Actually having a ball with it so far. Don't like not being able to turn disasters off.

I know it has smaller city maps but I like being able to build different kind of cities in the region.

Happy .......so far ( still hate EA)

You can play in sandbox mode and it turns random disasters off.