• Israel
    • U.S.A
    • Russia
    • China
    • North Korea
    • Iran
    • Turkey

To ruin my other thead about ww3.

Given that ww3 hasn´t already started in the hearts and minds of millions apon millions of conspiracists. I´m talking a mass invasion that would instantly spike other events (i.e russia v.s georgia could have been bigger)

I pick america and Israel to attack Iran preemptively.

Edited by warmachine

:)

You do have this WWIII fascination...

There is no clear answer unless WWIII is defined.

It can't really be compared to say WWII which involved combat across the globe to all intents and purposes, or WWI where most of the combat was in Europe.

In the popular concept WWIII would be apocalyptic, a nuclear spasm, but in all probability the planet has passed through the period of worst possibility for that with the disintegration of the USSR. During its existence MAD was a constant possibility to actually occur, but now the USSR has far less nuclear tipped rockets and like the US they are no longer pre-targeted, haven't been for a long time.

That does make you wonder sometimes why there are still so many nuke tips even in existence, it is arguable that there would not be were it not for the emergence of the Islamic bomb.

That event has kept two countries in particular disinclined to disarm, Israel which doesn't even admit to having nukes and India which hardly trusts Pakistan. a nuclear exchange there is always possible but likely to remain confined to the Indian sub-continent.

Israel worries about any primary foe becoming nuclear, Iran in particular, although with their present antics of claiming to have a gen5 stealth fighter when what they have shown looks more suited to giving 20c rides outside of woolies and their prez saying he wants to be their first astronaut, oh, and their fake missile demonstrations... It's being assumed they might have the will, one day, may even come to have the bomb, although I will believe it when they test one. I actually do think they want nuclear energy but they are too fucking stupid to just ask, especially to ask India for thorium cycle and stop the controversy.

Israel has, or soon will have, a highly capable ABM shield. I doubt they would fire first, or ever. If someone else fires on them they are likely to knock it down, over Arab soil, and watch their foes go into a conventional war spasm of self destruction, nothing ruins your day like getting your country showered in radioactive material.

Your list remains interesting, not sure how Turkey could initiate WWIII, although they might well give the Syrians a blood nose before long and they are not too happy about a Kurdish state emerging in northern Iraq and they still have no love of the Greeks, but none of that is WWIII.

China has the capacity to possibly create a nuclear winter, not by themselves but via the retaliation and they know that so MAD philosophies apply, besides, making your customers glow is bad for business... ( a local conflict with Japan is brewing though, unless one or the other shuts up.)

North Korea is a joke, try it and it will be a race to see who annihilates them first, the US, SK, China and Russia would form a disorderly queue.

To come full circle the US and Russia retain acceptance of not responding to a first strike until confirmed it was not an accident, per SALT agreements.

So, none of the above, but it is possible we are already in WWIII, a religious war that Islam keeps posturing about. Sounds like the Crusades, but it will more likely simmer than explode. In other words the western declared war on terror.

"May you live in interesting times."

Cheers

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Keep it civil Chris!

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Andorra.

Those fuckers are always causing trouble.

When WW3 starts and we will not see it end, so its pointless to say as to who will start but who will survive.

My vote is on NewZealand to survive cause there all in Australia, no point bombing a country if no ones there!

begins during the early 21st century, with tensions between North Korea and global powers running high due to North Korea's military aggression, including its successful testing of nuclear weapons and the sinking of a South Korean ship.

In 2013, one year after the death of North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-il (which, incidentally, came in December 2011, several months after the game's release), his son and successor, Kim Jong-un, reunites North and South Korea to form the Greater Korean Republic (GKR), a technological and economic global power. By 2015, a war between Iran and Saudi Arabia, both now nuclear-armed states, has devastated the global oil supply, causing prices to skyrocket. This precipitates extreme economic turmoil and massive social unrest in the U.S. Subsequently, in 2017, the U.S. military recalls much of its overseas presence, particularly in the Pacific. A year later, Japan is easily conquered by the GKR and joins the Greater Korean Republic.

In 2022, conditions in the U.S. worsen with the collapse of the financial system and an Asian bird flu epidemic that claims 6 million lives, forcing the Mexican Government to close its northern borders leading into the USA as fear of the Avian flu epidemic infecting its civilians. By 2024, Korea's annexation has continued throughout Southeast Asia, including its emerging economic powers, giving the GKR an empire reminiscent of Imperial Japan. A year later, the Korean superstate launches a supposed GPS satellite that is actually an orbital weapon. It detonates a high-altitude nuclear device over the U.S., creating an EMP burst that wipes out much of the nation's electrical infrastructure. In the ensuing chaos, the KPA launches an amphibious invasion that seizes control of Hawaii and much of the U.S. Pacific Coast. KPA paratroopers are deployed over the Midwest and, with the U.S. military severely crippled and scattered, launch the final offensive to take control of the remaining states. The U.S. military, however, was able to counterattack, leaving the Eastern States free, and effectively dividing the nation at the irradiated Mississippi River, with the Western states under GKR occupation.

begins during the early 21st century, with tensions between North Korea and global powers running high due to North Korea's military aggression, including its successful testing of nuclear weapons and the sinking of a South Korean ship.

In 2013, one year after the death of North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-il (which, incidentally, came in December 2011, several months after the game's release), his son and successor, Kim Jong-un, reunites North and South Korea to form the Greater Korean Republic (GKR), a technological and economic global power. By 2015, a war between Iran and Saudi Arabia, both now nuclear-armed states, has devastated the global oil supply, causing prices to skyrocket. This precipitates extreme economic turmoil and massive social unrest in the U.S. Subsequently, in 2017, the U.S. military recalls much of its overseas presence, particularly in the Pacific. A year later, Japan is easily conquered by the GKR and joins the Greater Korean Republic.

In 2022, conditions in the U.S. worsen with the collapse of the financial system and an Asian bird flu epidemic that claims 6 million lives, forcing the Mexican Government to close its northern borders leading into the USA as fear of the Avian flu epidemic infecting its civilians. By 2024, Korea's annexation has continued throughout Southeast Asia, including its emerging economic powers, giving the GKR an empire reminiscent of Imperial Japan. A year later, the Korean superstate launches a supposed GPS satellite that is actually an orbital weapon. It detonates a high-altitude nuclear device over the U.S., creating an EMP burst that wipes out much of the nation's electrical infrastructure. In the ensuing chaos, the KPA launches an amphibious invasion that seizes control of Hawaii and much of the U.S. Pacific Coast. KPA paratroopers are deployed over the Midwest and, with the U.S. military severely crippled and scattered, launch the final offensive to take control of the remaining states. The U.S. military, however, was able to counterattack, leaving the Eastern States free, and effectively dividing the nation at the irradiated Mississippi River, with the Western states under GKR occupation.

I need to finish that game at some point.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Why?

It's rubbish and the premise is laughable.

There is no clear answer unless WWIII is defined.

It can't really be compared to say WWII which involved combat across the globe to all intents and purposes, or WWI where most of the combat was in Europe.

In the popular concept WWIII would be apocalyptic, a nuclear spasm, but in all probability the planet has passed through the period of worst possibility for that with the disintegration of the USSR. During its existence MAD was a constant possibility to actually occur, but now the USSR has far less nuclear tipped rockets and like the US they are no longer pre-targeted, haven't been for a long time.

I know several people who reckon WW3 has already happened - the original action in Iraq did involve just about all the world's nations, after all. Thank fuck it stayed conventional!

Indeed.

Seriously, I think war is the least threatening of modern concerns atm. (Though some of the more extreme resource-crisis scenarios lead to war.)

The French. Because I hate them.

'

FIRE LE MISSILES!

But I'm le tired...

Well then have a nap, AND THEN FIRE LE MISSILES!!!

Why?

It's rubbish and the premise is laughable.

Yeah, its a pile of shit, should only take 5 hours to finish though.

I'd call it as already happening, and just growing.

Multiple countries, fighting multiple other countries, for years gone by?

Sounds like a war to me.

Its just that its over terrorism (or oil, depending on your belief), instead of land grabbing.

With that said, If you expect it to escalate, I think someone is going to take a pop at a western country, with something small, and the US is just gonna pull out and nuke the entire sight from orbit. Maybe not to that extreme, but you get my drift. Its going to be one of those things where its not going to be important who STARTED it, its going to be important who FINISHED it. Just like the first A bombs.

The French. Because I hate them.

'

FIRE LE MISSILES!

But I'm le tired...

Well then have a nap, AND THEN FIRE LE MISSILES!!!

*ZE

FIRE ZE MISSILES

I'm very picky about my oldschool flash internet culture. We'll never go back and it was a huge part of my life :P lol

I think if Iran does want nuclear weapons it is for defence, ie so countries are less likely to attack them.

I think if Iran does want nuclear weapons it is for defence, ie so countries are less likely to attack them.

every country should build nuclear weapons for this reason. What could go wrong?

Iran'd be fucked pretty fast if it nuked anybody. Pretty much everybody else in the Middle East would either get out of the way or join the ensuing zergrush.

I tried to include a war with a united global caliphate as a backstory to one of my novel ideas once, but it fell apart when I realised there'd *never* be enough stable co-operation in the Islamosphere to ever form a credible threat to a world superpower.

Iran will never win, they have monkeys flying their rockets in 2013 OMG bet they thought that the world never saw that coming, But wait until the monkeys get into the fast jets, politics or tanks, now theres a WoT mod.