fajw

Windows 8 BIOS setup feature?

There is a BIOS setup option with my MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard called "Windows 8 Feature". It can be enabled or disabled. I don't know what it is supposed to do. When I try to enable it I get this console-like screen on boot up. Any ideas what this is about or whether it should be enabled?

Posted Image

I couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

Edited by fajw

I enabled the fast boot stuff at the same time and it's fine now.

thanks for everything

What in your pea brain little mind makes you think that spamming a post from 2013 is an inconspicuous way to look like a real user?

And yes, I think thats one of my first 'personal attacks' on this forum, ever, but MY GOD, what on earth compels you to post that sort of spam?

thanks for everything

What in your pea brain little mind makes you think that spamming a post from 2013 is an inconspicuous way to look like a real user?

And yes, I think thats one of my first 'personal attacks' on this forum, ever, but MY GOD, what on earth compels you to post that sort of spam?

Personal attacks are banned. Naughty! :p

And he's banned anyway :p

:D

Edited by Chaos.Lady

Windows 8/ 8.1 Feature

[Disabled] Enables the supports for Windows 8/ 8.1 or disables for other operating systems.

Before enabling this item, make sure all installed devices & utilities (hardware & software) should meet the Windows 8/ 8.1 requirements.

[Enabled] The system will switch to UEFI mode to meet the Windows 8/ 8.1 requirement.

[Disabled] Disables this function.

How to Check if Windows is Booted in UEFI or Legacy BIOS Mode

eightforums.com/tutorials/29504-bios-mode-see-if-windows-boot-uefi-legacy-mode.html

How to Create a Bootable UEFI USB Flash Drive for Installing Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1

eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

How to Install Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 using the "Unified Extensible Firmware Interface" (UEFI)

eightforums.com/tutorials/2328-uefi-unified-extensible-firmware-interface-install-windows-8-a.html