GhostWhoWalks

PS4

Heuh heuh heuh...

Posted Image

@Akino If they strictly followed the standard dimensions of 2.5" HDD's (9.5mm height), then max capacity is 1TB; If height clearance has a bit more breathing room, then it can go to 1.5TB.

Personally I'd aim for something like this: http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/49386-st1000lm014

Edited by Dread Emperor

Don't forget the patches, PS3 games I've had require multiple gigabytes of patches just a few months after launch.

FYI fellers there's a day one patch; To hasten getting your PS4's up and running, the updates are treated the same way as PS3's - Download from the update page and smack onto a ready & wait thumb drive.

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemup...s/ps4/index.htm

Patch weighs in at ~300MB; aside from adding support for third party bluetooth and USB headsets, it also includes:

Remote Play

Users will be able to access PS4 titles displayed on their living room TVs and play them on a PS Vita system over Wi-Fi networks by using PS4 Link (Depending on network environment or titles, remote play performance may vary outside of the home). We anticipate that most PS4 titles will be playable on the PS Vita system through Remote Play. The latest PS Vita system software version, to be released soon, will be required to use PS4 Link.

Second Screen

Users can use the PS4 Link application for the PS Vita system, and PlayStation App for iPhone, iPad, and Android-based smartphones and tablets, to use these devices as second screens in supported titles. PlayStation App has the ability to enable users to interact with games with their mobiles devices. For example on The Playroom, a title pre-installed in all PS4 systems that requires PlayStation Camera, users can draw pictures on their mobile device screens and flick them towards the TV. The images then appear as a 3D object within the game.

Record, take screenshots, and upload gameplay effortlessly

The PS4 system provides dedicated, "always on" video encoding systems that enables seamless uploading of gameplay. Users can share their epic triumphs by simply hitting the Share button on DualShock 4, take screenshots or scan through the last 15 minutes of gameplay, tag it and return to the game-the video uploads as the user plays. At the PS4 system's launch in North America, users will be able to share their images and videos with friends on Facebook and screenshots with followers on Twitter, though users will need to sign up for individual accounts to use Facebook and Twitter.

Broadcast and spectate gameplay

The PS4 system also enhances social spectating by enabling users to broadcast their gameplay in real-time to game fans around the globe, using Ustream and Twitch live internet streaming services (users will need to sign up for individual accounts to use Ustream and Twitch). There are two ways for users to view live broadcasts. First, the Live from PlayStation application on PS4 aggregates streams from all PlayStation users. Second, users can spectate friends' PS4 gameplay from PCs, and applications such as Ustream, Twitch, and browsers, which are installed on their mobile devices. These applications can be easily started up via PlayStation App, and users can also use these applications to post comments to gameplay broadcasts. Furthermore, users with PlayStation Camera can stream camera images and microphone sounds along with their live gameplay broadcast.

Play as you download

This feature enables users to play supported digital titles as they are being downloaded. The time it takes to begin playing will vary depending on game data size and network environments, and not all titles will support this feature When a game is purchased, users can start playing after PS4 downloads a portion of the data, while the rest of the game is downloaded in the background during actual gameplay. Games may be downloaded in stand-by mode.

Multi log-in

A maximum of four users can log-in to a single PS4 system simultaneously. These players can use their own save data to play games, and also earn trophies on their own Sony Entertainment Network accounts even when playing a multiplayer game together on a single PS4 system.

Party (Voice chat)

By using the Mono Headset bundled with the PS4 system, users will be able to chat with up to eight friends enjoying different applications or games. Furthermore, users can use Party to chat between PS4 and PS Vita systems.

Face recognition and voice commands

Users with PlayStation Camera will be able to register their facial image onto their PS4 system, and login to their system using facial recognition instead of DualShock 4. Furthermore, users can use either the microphone of the Mono Head set connected to DualShock 4, or PlayStation Camera to navigate through the PS4 home screen (PlayStation Dynamic Menu) with voice commands to start up games and shutdown the system, among other features; please refer to PS4's online manual for recognizable voice commands.

Background music player

Users can enjoy gameplay while listening to music in the background with Music Unlimited, a cloud-based digital music service. Users can also voice chat with friends while listening to music. Learn more about Music Unlimited here.

Online Multiplayer

PlayStation Plus members will be able to play PS4 titles online with other players via the network. PS Plus makes it easy for members to join available online multiplayer matches in a variety of ways, including the ability to easily join a game from a live stream broadcast or Party voice chats.

Blu-ray Disc and DVD player

Users can enjoy not only gaming on their PS4 system, but also Blu-ray and DVD video contents. When using for the first time, users must connect to the internet to activate this feature.

Makes it hard to tell if it's a patch, or instalaltion of the second half of the OS....

It is incredible how much Microsoft has dropped the ball with this gen.

They honestly have offered no compelling reasons outside of XBL to buy an xbone if you already own a 360 and a PC when the biggest exclusive is hitting PC too (Titanfall), all the multiplats look better on PS4 (don't talk to me about ghosts frame rate issues, you couldn't pay me to play anything outside of the single player campaign and it cripples Titans) and as for the supposed best launch titles Dead Rising 3 looks like shit, has massive texture pop in and drops to 20fps while only running at 720p & Ryse is meant to be horrible and short, but pretty.

I am simply amazed at the press too, I know noone wants to burn bridges but the xbone costs $150 more offers what we were promised 8 years ago with the addition of Kinect

Still undecided on a PS4 too but no wonder they didn't go with Xbox 720

There are currently several issues that appear to be plaguing early PS4 owners. The most common appears to be a blue pulsing light, signaling that the console is failing to boot all the way....

Overheating is a less common issue, but reports confirm that the issue exists. The glowing line on the console glows red, and it can take up to 20 minutes before the console is playable again. There doesn’t appear to be any one thing, like playing a certain game for a specific amount of time, that triggers this event....

Finally, there have been reports of HDMI issues for the PlayStation 4 that seem to be mostly resolvable by the user. Some claim to find debris or blockages in the PS4 HDMI port, and clearing this debris resolves most issues....

Sony is currently telling customers that new units won’t be available until February.

http://www.geek.com/games/bricked-ps4-repo...months-1577464/

Selectively copy pasted for salient points, the rest of the article is filler.

Seems there are problems with the smaller of the two consoles. Wonder if they made a mistake in thermal design?

I tuned in for a bit, quality is about 576P which is normal for non-partnered Twitch streamers, lags a bit in busy scenes but is otherwise perfectly watchable.

Kinda cool that my chat pops up on the screen and I can read my own messages, hah.

Shame there was no mic so I couldn't interact more with the stream.

BTW Stargunner is an old title and is free to download here, I recommend it:

http://www.gog.com/game/stargunner

There are currently several issues that appear to be plaguing early PS4 owners. The most common appears to be a blue pulsing light, signaling that the console is failing to boot all the way....

Overheating is a less common issue, but reports confirm that the issue exists. The glowing line on the console glows red, and it can take up to 20 minutes before the console is playable again. There doesn’t appear to be any one thing, like playing a certain game for a specific amount of time, that triggers this event....

Finally, there have been reports of HDMI issues for the PlayStation 4 that seem to be mostly resolvable by the user. Some claim to find debris or blockages in the PS4 HDMI port, and clearing this debris resolves most issues....

Sony is currently telling customers that new units won’t be available until February.

http://www.geek.com/games/bricked-ps4-repo...months-1577464/

Selectively copy pasted for salient points, the rest of the article is filler.

Seems there are problems with the smaller of the two consoles. Wonder if they made a mistake in thermal design?

Fact that they (geek.com) refer to the AMAZON 1 star gibberish make me think they have seen a a bit of MS money, the Amazon thing is a crock, out of the hundreds of thousands of consoles shipped only several hundred people have rated it, about half of which are negative, but any one can rate it even if they did not buy it from AMAZON, some estimate put it that only 40% of the people that rated it actually bought the PS4 .

Not saying that none have problems, just saying that there are parties with an interest in seeing any issues hyped.

According to Sony failure rate is under 0.4 % which is pretty good for a Launch device.

Edited by Waltish

Fact that they (geek.com) refer to the AMAZON 1 star gibberish make me think they have seen a a bit of MS money

That's a bit paranoid, do you think the sites that reported on Spore's 1-star amazon bombing were being paid off by Nintendogs' creators? Or that Simcity 2013's bombing was paid for by Cities XL?

Microsoft doesn't have to pay anyone to do squat, ridiculous fanboys like yourself will go to any length to smear the other side, including making silly reviews on a site that may affect people's purchasing.

Honestly I think they included it because it is a notable fact, and nothing in the article sounded like it was malarkey. It could have used more attribution and linking to sources but it's endemic in the industry to rush articles out with minimal effort.

Fact that they (geek.com) refer to the AMAZON 1 star gibberish make me think they have seen a a bit of MS money

That's a bit paranoid, do you think the sites that reported on Spore's 1-star amazon bombing were being paid off by Nintendogs' creators? Or that Simcity 2013's bombing was paid for by Cities XL?

Microsoft doesn't have to pay anyone to do squat, ridiculous fanboys like yourself will go to any length to smear the other side, including making silly reviews on a site that may affect people's purchasing.

Honestly I think they included it because it is a notable fact, and nothing in the article sounded like it was malarkey. It could have used more attribution and linking to sources but it's endemic in the industry to rush articles out with minimal effort.

Me the ridiculous fan boy , I don't see me here trying to put the stink on a product with links to scaremonger articles.

Thought you were one of the the goods ones frunj , but hey guess I was wrong about that.

Me the ridiculous fan boy , I don't see me here trying to put the stink on a product with links to scaremonger articles.

Thought you were one of the the goods ones frunj , but hey guess I was wrong about that.

I have looked back through this thread and there you are nearly all the way through it , with a little bit of neg here, a bit of a smear there,I don't know what Sony did to you but it mus-ta been bad.

---------------------------------------------------

On a positive note Over 4 million PS4 sold in the first 24 hrs, wow so far the biggest console launch in history. and that was only North America /including Canada.

For sure some of them will be DOA or conk out soon after , should wait for factual figures on what percent before we get out the pitch forks and buckets of tar.

Edited by Waltish

So you think hardware failures shouldn't be mentioned? I wasn't aware this was a PS4 circlejerk thread.

I post the same critical comments in the XB1 thread too, otherwise all we'd hear is cocksucking.

I just saw this on Reddit and though it was cool. 'course it will drain the battery faster, and probably doesn't give the best experience (Bluetooth can be laggy), but it's a cool option to play at night:

Posted Image

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1q...didnt_get_much/

OH WAIT IT'S TOO CRITICAL I MUST BE PAID BY MICROSOFT.

Uh, this is the bestest feature everest and has no flaws. Buy a PS4 y'all.

Edited by TheFrunj

So you think hardware failures shouldn't be mentioned? I wasn't aware this was a PS4 circlejerk thread.

I post the same critical comments in the XB1 thread too, otherwise all we'd hear is cocksucking.

No I just don't think they should be over-hyped.

You're hysterical overreaction to my questioning the motives and accuracy of a story on a site , has got me scratching my head, really dude.

Like I said before you're a let down.

Edited by Waltish

I like Francis, he has gotten a bit excitable in some of his earlier vids , he strikes me as being quite genuine and offering his honest opinion.

I like Francis, he has gotten a bit excitable in some of his earlier vids , he strikes me as being quite genuine and offering his honest opinion.

You're aware that Francis is a character, right?

No I thought he was a Ytuber and gets some add revenue ,I believe the person is there, I never got the sense that he was a total contrivance, as in a fictional character.

Or do you mean like boogie2988 is the person and Francis is one of his persona , well yeh I see what you mean , but excitable Francis is in that case a communication mechanism.

Still feel he expresses his honest opinion.

Edited by Waltish

No I thought he was a Ytuber and gets some add revenue ,I believe the person is there, I never got the sense that he was a total contrivance, as in a fictional character.

Or do you mean like boogie2988 is the person and Francis is one of his persona , well yeh I see what you mean , but excitable Francis is in that case a communication mechanism.

Still feel he expresses his honest opinion.

Yeah he does, but when hes not in character, hes actually a very good speaker, probably opposite ends of the spectrum from Francis haha.

I've grown to love him over the years, ever since Error 37 :P