Foods

The Harlem Shake

I never heard of this shake until last saturday when I saw it on a TV ad for something. Maybe Today show.

Glad I dodged that one (almost completely).

BTW, planking was invented by TOM FUCKING GREEN! Before it was popular and cool with the dickheads.

Soooooo, I watched a version of it. The naked ladies version on woodrocket...I had to get *something* out of the exercise.

Is it just people jumping around like mongs to that tune? Cause that's all I saw.

SFW version of the one I watched:

Edited by hectorbustnuts

Is it just people jumping around like mongs to that tune?

Yes, they sit around acting normal while one guy dances like a mong, then all dance like mongs when the "bass drops".

Or whatever the kids say these days.

Have another Jameson. It'll make everything better. And stain your walls pink.

I'm at least an hour ahead of you.

Except the walls parts, that isn't happening ever again. Probably. Hopefully. Well, hopefully just not my walls.

'

The time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Ok.

I was wondering why the dude was knobbing the pizza boxes when there was a dozen-odd chicks sitting around in their underwear.

"who ordered the one with special topping ?"

That meme aint the Harlem shake ... but despair not this dude will teach you how to Harlem shake.

Edited by Waltish

I'd managed to avoid it, only hearing a couple of people talk about it and mentions. This thread prompted me to go and take a look. Meh.

It is odd how there are so many versions, though. Could be worse, I suppose.

Seriously people, fuck off with the sheep thing and find a hobby. Build a treehouse. Learn to juggle. Learn the motherfucking clarinet. Go fight some people in the car park of KFC. Just stop copying the exact same fucking thing as everyone else, recording it on your phone and thinking you're a fucking visionary. Be a trailblazer. Carve a path instead of following the rut.

Oh the irony, Nobody has ever built a tree house befor, and juggling has been around for more than 3000 years but sure they are unique hobbies :P

in a world of instant gratification and the search for constant novelty, posting videos that copy popular memes is a hobby.

unfortunatly

Oh the irony, Nobody has ever built a tree house befor, and juggling has been around for more than 3000 years but sure they are unique hobbies :P

Regardless of whether they have been done before, they are 'the road less travelled' - and very definitely not something people do because it's fashionable.

Let's face it, if you were to insist upon truly unique (never done before) activities you'd be in the shit. One of those pops up fairly infrequently.

Regardless of whether they have been done before, they are 'the road less travelled' - and very definitely not something people do because it's fashionable.

Let's face it, if you were to insist upon truly unique (never done before) activities you'd be in the shit. One of those pops up fairly infrequently.

When I was a kid building a tree house / cubby house was the thing, or one of the things, that was considered the ' done thing ' that kids did.

Kids aren't allowed to do anything these days in case they hurt their selves, so I guess that leaves them with little choice other than to make

dickheads of their selves and film it.

... but the peeps in these clips are older than the kids likely to want to build a tree house type thing and that makes the whole thing a lot

sadder really. Again though this lot of Harlem shakers would have been deprived of something in their formative years that surely must be

the reason for them thinking this Harlem shake shit is anything other than shit :D

BTW, planking was invented by TOM FUCKING GREEN! Before it was popular and cool with the dickheads.

Other than some sort of social research thing I see no point to this " invention ".

I have to say my knee-jerk reaction to viewing the above clip was how fucking cruel of " TOM FUCKING GREEN " to just get up

and walk away from those people without so much as a " Thankyou for your concern but I'm okay" .

Really makes you not wonder why people might become disinterested in their fellow man and his worries.

Edited by eveln

When I was a kid building a tree house / cubby house was the thing, or one of the things, that was considered the ' done thing ' that kids did.

Kids aren't allowed to do anything these days in case they hurt their selves, so I guess that leaves them with little choice other than to make

dickheads of their selves and film it.

... but the peeps in these clips are older than the kids likely to want to build a tree house type thing and that makes the whole thing a lot

sadder really. Again though this lot of Harlem shakers would have been deprived of something in their formative years that surely must be

the reason for them thinking this Harlem shake shit is anything other than shit :D

Other than some sort of social research thing I see no point to this " invention ".

I have to say my knee-jerk reaction to viewing the above clip was how fucking cruel of " TOM FUCKING GREEN " to just get up

and walk away from those people without so much as a " Thankyou for your concern but I'm okay" .

Really makes you not wonder why people might become disinterested in their fellow man and his worries.

You probably would need a pretty tolerable sense of humour to appreciate the things he does. I can see from your suggestion of thanking everyone that you wouldn't enjoy anything that he has done.

It's all to push people and see how they react. He's an arsehole, and that's the whole point.

No need to analyze it too much. Just enjoy or ignore him.

The funniest bit is the end. No one knows what the hell is going on. He's not going to thank them and ruin the build up of the whole clip.

The funniest bit is the end. No one knows what the hell is going on. He's not going to thank them and ruin the build up of the whole clip.

Plus with shows like that, there's a bunch of stuff that goes on after the cameras turn off.

They go around and have people sign off on their faces being on TV and whatnot.

You probably would need a pretty tolerable sense of humour to appreciate the things he does. I can see from your suggestion of thanking everyone that you wouldn't enjoy anything that he has done.

It's all to push people and see how they react. He's an arsehole, and that's the whole point.

No need to analyze it too much. Just enjoy or ignore him.

I used to think I had a pretty good sense of humour, but as time passes I'm not so sure on that one.

Agreed he is an arsehole for just getting up and leaving with not the least show of concern for interrupting those who

happened passed him. If his point was to show the people on the footpath and by extension the whole world ( those

who view his youtube ) that he's an arsehole then as you say his point was achieved.

It's your fault bushi that my ignorance of him is not total.

As I said already my sense of humour is lacking, and um, you can't ruin a build up that hasn't built up :P~

That's fair enough.

He doesn't appeal to everyone. I like to see him push the boundaries.

He doesn't physically hurt anyone, though he does cross the line, and keeps pushing further across it. So I can appreciate what he does.

all's good

if he wants to play dead then he will regret the force with which i would apply cpr in the circumstances he fakes

current guidelines are not to check for a pulse, but hoe straight into resusc - anyone who doesn't require it will resist very quickly, and those that don't will really do better without faffing around to check their pulses first

awesome, I think I was the #2 backer on Kickstarter, was a fun ride to $250,000