Flouncy

Assetto Corsa

Update from AC via Facebook

Time to make some clarification about the rumours related to pre-orders. We confirm we worked on this matter in the last two months. When we supposed that the entire process was almost ready to be started, our lead programmer unofficially confirmed on his personal twitter account that pre-orders would start very soon. This was supposed to be true. Sadly, in our Country the laws related to e-commerce are very complicated and inadequate for the digital distribution. At the last minute, just a couple of days before to launch the pre-order, we have been informed about some additional documentation and rules that don't allow us to start the pre-order phase already set. This has nothing to do with Steam nor with the development of the game, it's just burocracy. We understand you can be disappointed about it, but well, you can figure how much we are too. Anyway, if we made any mistake or lack in communication, we apologise for it. Everyone can make mistakes, we are not better than any other.

Now we are working on a different strategy, with the aim to meet -as soon as possible - your wishes and our needs. As soon as we are able to give you more information, we'll update you with more details, through our official channels. Meanwhile, thank you for your kind patience and support.

Bump.....

From AC Facebook page.

Multiplayer is one of the most awaited features for a lot of simracing enthusiasts, but in order to properly test in public the multiplayer mode, we need to get the best technical support possible; for this reason, and also in order to improve multiplayer functionalities and to develop some additional features, tomorrow's release has been shifted to Friday 2nd, May. This delay will allow us to release the multiplayer in a working day, getting fast and proper support by our provider, if needed. We are pretty sure you understand that we are working at our best to provide the best gaming experience we can. Thank you for your kind support and attention.

With Multiplayer just around the corner for Assetto Corsa will anybody from Atomic be joining in on the fun or will you wait for the bugs to be ironed out? I'd like to get onboard as I've been having a blast doing hot laps with the rsr app the only downside for me is my 8yo computer really struggles with more than 4-5 cars on the track, the last thing I want to do is punt someone off the road because of my slow computer. On the bright side having a fixed wireless nbn connection means I don't get the lag (dialup & satellite) I used too in games.

Edited by Quazar

Us doods over at Atomic Sim Racing are jumping right in mate, come and join us!! JOIN US!!!

We'll be seeing what the go is with servers and what not over the weekend and trying to catch up as often as possible to race each other, we've all been hanging out for this day for so long it's crazy. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Come visit us over at www.atomicsimracing.net and say g'day. :D

That goes for anybody else interesting in racing in a fun and relaxed Australian league. ;)

Edited by millen

+1

We player other racing games such as F1 2013, DiRT 3, and a few play iRacing. We'll hopefully be playing a few more soon

millen and nobody813, I've registered over at www.atomicracing.net apart from AC I have GTL & Race 07.

I haven't invested in any of the F1 games since GP4, as I noted previously my computer is now a dinosaur however the Gallifrey found is progressing and I'll be updating my system at the end of the year. Having said that I'm keen to give it a go and hopefully I'll improve my lap times.

Nice mate, looking forward to seeing you around.

Yeah we are mainly a F1 201x league at the moment, but that will change.

Hopefully we will see you on track when the MP update is released.

I keep checking this page and refreshing, to see what they update the game. There have been a few updates in the last little bit, but they are all hidden updates. As soon as that public one goes up, look out. :D

http://steamdb.info/app/244210/#section_history

Hi millen,

yeah they ran into some game stopping bugs that effected single and multiplayer and were working on it over the weekend, I don't think we'll see the release until this Friday assuming that they get the bugs squashed. It's early access so I don't mind waiting and I'm still enjoying doing hotlaps.

MP has finally dropped for all you AC fans keen on some MP action, it also includes a dedicated server with instruction here.

Entirely a F1 2013 league at the moment, with the occasional random game of something else. F1 2012 and earlier are not played. Just saying...

But yeah, Quazar, pretty much everyone that used to talk racing games is now at the above url, so you wont get much banter about that sort of thing here.

Entirely a F1 2013 league at the moment, with the occasional random game of something else. F1 2012 and earlier are not played. Just saying...

But yeah, Quazar, pretty much everyone that used to talk racing games is now at the above url, so you wont get much banter about that sort of thing here.

I have signed up kikz, will hopefully start posting and trying to catch up with everyone in a race, with luck I'll even start to improve.

How you going with AC Quazar? Get yourself the RSR Live timing plugin if you haven't already.

How you going with AC Quazar? Get yourself the RSR Live timing plugin if you haven't already.

Hi kikz, I've had the live timing app for a while now and was participating in some of the eyeballpaul fortnightly challenges from the AC forums. Unfortunately I've not been playing AC that much over the last few weeks, our sunroom gets very cold during winter, I'm a bit of a wuss when it come to the cold. I've also been putting a few hours into X-Com:EU lately. I'll fire up AC this weekend tho as I want to try and get under 1.30 in the lotus 49 I'll also try and stop by the atomic racing forums a bit more.

If I'm honest with myself I'm a mid pack driver at best so look forward to catching up and possibly learning something.

hehe there are plenty of mid pack drivers at ASR. Pretty much all of them/us :p (me included).

I've been playing the RC for this the last week. Career mode is now in there. I've got all the aids off (running on Pro) and it dialed up in difficulty as much as I can. I have to say, I'm disappointed with how easy it is. I'm getting Gold on the first attempt at nearly every challenge... Needs more hardness.