Flouncy

Atomic F1 GP1 Season 7

Posted Image

Posted Image

It begins, again. Woo!

Newcomers please post EOI, we can't say how many slots are available until existing drivers confirm, but let it be known if you're keen now! There will almost certainly be slots available.

THE SITE

Atomic f1.net

Ladders, stats, stories, profiles, guides, forums - damn near everything!

THE GAME

Codemasters F1 2012 on PC

Up to 16 players

THE RACES

One race each week following the calendar order in the game.

Session starts every Sunday night at 7:30pm EST, except when real world races and public holidays clash, see the schedule for these special dates and times.

Qualifying for the grid, then 50% race distance. It usually wraps up about 9pm-ish.

THE RULES

In-game race penalties apply, per FIA F1 rules. Penalties set to Reduced because the game is too aggressive with innocent incidents.

All driver aids are forced off. Manual gearbox is forced on.

Cars are set to equal performance.

We don't usually attempt to resolve post-race disputes, much better if drivers simply stay clean. Anyone being a persistent arse may be given a penalty of 1 or more races, or in the worst case asked to leave.

THE CHAMPIONSHIP

A Drivers and a Constructors championship will be held.

Many existing teams from last season are expected to carry over. New racers can organise themselves into a team, we'll help you do that if needed.

Points are awarded according to in-game (and real world) rules.

DNFs are awarded no points.

THE CARS

Last-season drivers have priority if they wish to stay with the car they drove last season. New drivers don't necessarily need to nominate a car straight away in order to register interest.

Drivers moving across from GP2 will have first choice of available cars (those not taken by GP1 S6 racers).

New racers choose from what's remaining after that.

Remember - they are set to equal so it ultimately doesn't matter.

FRIDAY NIGHT PRACTICE

Almost always on, just for kicks. Come and go as you please, or not at all. Starts about 8:30, though people in earlier tend to start a session and newcomers are just invited in as they arrive (so long as it's not mid race).

It's fun, slightly crazy, and a great way to get a feel for what sort of performance is expected if you wanna jump in. It's never a full 50% race, usually a sequence of shorter races with and without qualy.

THE CALENDAR

NOTE: Some races (in bold) have special dates and times to avoid clashes with real world F1 races, and public holidays.

Australia - Monday Apr 1 7:30

Malaysia - Sunday Apr 7 7:30

China - Sunday Apr 14 8:30

Bahrain - Sunday Apr 21 7:30

Spain - Sunday Apr 28 7:30

Monaco - Sunday May 5 7:30

Canada - Sunday May 12 7:30

Valencia - Sunday May 19 7:30

Great Britain - Sunday May 26 7:30

Germany - Sunday Jun 2 7:30

Hungary - Sunday Jun 9 7:30

Belgium - Sunday Jun 16 7:30

Italy - Sunday Jun 23 7:30

Singapore - Sunday Jun 30 7:30

Korea - Sunday Jul 7 7:30

Japan - Sunday Jul 14 7:30

India - Sunday Jul 21 7:30

Abu Dhabi - Sunday Jul 28 7:30

USA - Sunday Aug 4 7:30

Brazil - Sunday Aug 11 7:30

ATOMIC F1 S7 TEAMS AND DRIVERS

Atomic id (Steam id (if different))

Red Bull

Nightfire

Yamahadrums

McLaren

Flouncy

Lambo

Sauber

Eradicator

RileyF1

Lotus

desmo1098s

silicnt

Williams

Caterham

Ghost

Preyst

Toro Rosso

Force India

Dazza

Schmeval

Ferrari

Flukey

Modz

Mercedes

Intense

tof

HRT

Marussia

VENT BALANCE

This equalises all voices so they're about the same volume, thanks Modz:

Go to Setup

Enable Direct Sound

Select the SFX Button

Select Compressor and click Add.

Under Compressor Properties use the following settings:

Gain = Adjust for how loud you want people to be. (I use 15)

Attack = 0.01

Release = Around 500

Threshold = Around -30

Ratio = 100

Pre delay = 4.0

Done!

Edited by Flouncy

It's with a heavy heart that I leave Renault/Lotus. 6 seasons in the same car....

But a new exciting chapter will emerge, the Flouncy/Lambo band has been put back together after a 5 year hiatus.

Flukey to Ferrari, didn't see that move happening. Silicnt + Eradicator? Mark to move back to his heart team?

But a new exciting chapter will emerge, the Flouncy/Lambo band has been put back together after a 5 year hiatus.

Flambo!

News is out that Silicnt has signed with Lotus!!! They are keeping tight lipped about there 2nd driver as they are still in negotiations.

News is out that Silicnt has signed with Lotus!!! They are keeping tight lipped about there 2nd driver as they are still in negotiations.

Gah!! I wanted Lotus!! I hate you so much right now. :)

Don't check the forums in the morning and my teams are already gone!

Can I have 2 preferences please Flouncy as I'm not sure what previous members are wanting to do.

ToF and Intense for Mercedes (depending on Steve's movements, please reconsider - you get to have the Macca!). Else if, we will go Sauber since Lotus is taken.

Thanks.

You never told me to be quick Lambo! You just said you were still deciding. :P

It's ok, I actually really want the Mercedes and the Lotus was my 2nd preference.

Steve, I've seen you drive the McLaren in your offline videos, maybe you have a soft spot for it? :P It is the most successful seat so far so if you have no ties to Mercedes, please reconsider. :) Schmeval and I also left the team at a very high standard over the last 2 seasons..

Edited by tof

After some back room deals I'll be taking the second seat.

After some back room deals I'll be taking the second seat.

I'm noticing a trend with you and back doors... and rooms.

But seriously, your team is unfair. You 2 are going to dominate season 7 like Schmeval and me dominated the last 2 seasons lol. ...BRING IT ON!!

Ok tof and Intense in the Merc.

sili in the Lotus.

I am out for season 7.

Jase is the team principal for Mercedes and I believe will be racing for mercedes and looking for a team mate.

Edited by steve088

Ok tof and Intense in the Merc.

sili in the Lotus.

I am out for season 7.

Jase is the team principal for Mercedes and I believe will be racing for mercedes and looking for a team mate.

Jase PMed me this morning telling me he won't be in season 7.

Which is very sad. But means the Merc is fully available. Or was...

Intense in the Ferrari and Mercedes. What a slut :-)

Its going to be interesting to see how he can handle 2 cars at once.

Intense in the Ferrari and Mercedes. What a slut :-)

Its going to be interesting to see how he can handle 2 cars at once.

Whups. Fix0red.

You never told me to be quick Lambo! You just said you were still deciding. :P

It's ok, I actually really want the Mercedes and the Lotus was my 2nd preference.

Steve, I've seen you drive the McLaren in your offline videos, maybe you have a soft spot for it? :P It is the most successful seat so far so if you have no ties to Mercedes, please reconsider. :) Schmeval and I also left the team at a very high standard over the last 2 seasons..

I did too. LOL.

I recieved like 4 messages regarding Lotus....only one was 'hey wanna be my teammate...' The others were 'Im interested in your team.' HA!

I'll post just to confirm I'll be in S7 of GP1 series.

As to what team remains unclear. I'm gunning (and reserve a spot) for either Williams or Sauber.

Which one depends on what any potential team mates might like.

With the Flambo combo confirmed I'd like a team mate that can help me beat those two in the constructors title. Us vet drivers have grudge matches to settle! If you're up for the challenge let me know :)

EDIT: Flouncy. Monday races are ok, but 7:30 doesn't work for me at all. That's basically when I get home from work. If you make it 8:30 that'll allow me to get some dinner down and join in.

Edited by mark84

It's been a monumental past 2 seasons with McLaren and I'm very thankful to them for supplying me with such a strong car and awesome team mate.

It's time for a change however and I will be joining Dazza at Force India for Season 7.

All these team changes are gonna make for a very interesting constructors champ.....

Schmeve in the Force India. Radical.

Mark can you nominate just one team pls. And, fantastic you're joining S7.

Flukey, i'm going to leave the team mate decision up to you. I happy either way but as the adjusted calendar stands, I'll be missing huge chunk of the races due to work and other commitments. So i understand if you would like someone who can race more. If you do want someone else I'll take a a spot else where in an empty team or move to GP2.

Australia - Monday Mar 18 7:30 Working

Malaysia - Monday Mar 25 7:30 Working

China - Monday Apr 1 7:30 Working

Bahrain - Sunday Apr 7 7:30

Spain - Monday Apr 15 7:30 Working

Monaco - Sunday Apr 21 7:30

Canada - Sunday Apr 28 7:30

Great Britain - Sunday May 5 7:30 Away on holiday (not confirmed)

Germany - Sunday May 12 7:30 Away on holiday (not confirmed)

Hungary - Sunday May 19 7:30 Away on holiday (not confirmed)

Belgium - Sunday May 26 7:30

Italy - Sunday Jun 2 7:30

Singapore - Sunday Jun 9 7:30 Sisters Wedding Interstate

Korea - Sunday Jun 16 7:30 Sisters Wedding Interstate

Japan - Sunday Jun 23 7:30

India - Sunday Jun 30 7:30

Abu Dhabi - Sunday Jul 7 7:30

USA - Sunday Jul 14 7:30

Brazil - Sunday Jul 28 7:30

If the FIA could consider Saturday night instead of a week day that would be great, but i understand if it's already been decided.

Edited by Modz

Modzy we'll have to wait and see if GP1 fills up before locking you in, because it's only fair we accept fully-able racers for a position when you're only available for about half the races.

If the FIA could consider Saturday night instead of a week day that would be great, but i understand if it's already been decided.

Sorry but no chance. It's much more likely people will be home on a Monday night than Saturday.