Flouncy

Atomic F1 GP1 Season 7

Fredz we were young and innocent and the big bright dream that was F1 lured us.

Ben was my Prost to his Senna. A turbulent relationship that was a result of our very driven and competitive natures. We were thrust into a team together and told to play nice.

We are much wiser and older now and the glories of the past are now just that. We are seasoned veterans and and while days of podiums and victories are most probably behind us, we will not go quietly. They'll have to pry the steering wheel from our dead cold hands, but not before we give them hell.

Or something along those lines.

Edited by Lambo

Modzy we'll have to wait and see if GP1 fills up before locking you in, because it's only fair we accept fully-able racers for a position when you're only available for about half the races.

If the FIA could consider Saturday night instead of a week day that would be great, but i understand if it's already been decided.

Sorry but no chance. It's much more likely people will be home on a Monday night than Saturday.

Well since GP1 will be a guaranteed full grid ill lock in a spot for GP2.

Edited by Modz

That's right. We're a Superteam.

With big dreams, and the most closely matched set of stats in AF1 history. We belong together, like two lengths of 2x4 and a tube of PVA.

Modzy we'll have to wait and see if GP1 fills up before locking you in, because it's only fair we accept fully-able racers for a position when you're only available for about half the races.

If the FIA could consider Saturday night instead of a week day that would be great, but i understand if it's already been decided.

Sorry but no chance. It's much more likely people will be home on a Monday night than Saturday.

Daresay GP2 will be full too mate, so you'll wanna let em know about your availability - tho they may have a slightly different calendar, that may suit you better.

Pretty sure gp1 isn't full yet, webby and loose haven't made much of an indication of interest yet and I'm sure Flukey would like a team mate and veteran driver at ferrari to show him the ropes

WOW What a shake up to the championship......

Dazza/Schmeval at force India looks mighty!!!!

Edited by flukey

That's right. We're a Superteam.

With big dreams, and the most closely matched set of stats in AF1 history. We belong together, like two lengths of 2x4 and a tube of PVA.

Daresay GP2 will be full too mate, so you'll wanna let em know about your availability - tho they may have a slightly different calendar, that may suit you better.

Well i could see if i can change my hours at work for those Monday races, If that helps secure me a GP1 spot. Atm our mid year holidays are not booked yet so things could change depending on our work schedules. So really it's only the 2 weeks ill be in Melbourne for my sis wedding that are concrete unavoidable. I'll have chat to my boss tomorrow and see whats do able. They normally don't mind hour changes a long as it doesn't affect the broad cast material getting done on time.

All the driver pairings are so strong!

Looks like Mercedes' realistic target in season 7 will be aiming to finish off the bottom. :(

It's certainly is looking like a very challenging season to look at.

On a day of upsets...

Team Flambo have decided to step into the recently available McLaren.

Hail us.

RB is now on the market.

The dream of not seeing out my career at Lotus is softened now by the knowledge that I'm following the path of Kimi....

The dream of not seeing out my career at Lotus is softened now by the knowledge that I'm following the path of Kimi....

Right on. The Kimi Zen is strong at McLaren.

Off the top of my head, if following the path a Kimi in reverse shouldn't you be in a Red car before the McLaren?

Redbull should have stitched up those contracts before anouncing there drivers.....

All our contracts say we can conduct shenanigans and acts of team infidelity prior to the green light at Melbourne, as long as cars are available, or negotiated in the back room. Or somesuch.

Off the top of my head, if following the path a Kimi in reverse shouldn't you be in a Red car before the McLaren?

Shhhhh.....

The signing of Schmeval to Force India has been a huge energy booster to the team and we are all looking forward to the start of the next season.

Flouncy - are the dates on the 1st page locked in? Usually weeknights are not a problem for me but for round 1 I might be sent to Perth for work :(

Yeah those dates are looking pretty solid dazz, sorry. There's really no other day around that weekend that's feasible apart from Mon.

Just curious, Why has that weekend in particular been chosen? Can we not start the weekend after?

Seems to be a lot of people not comfortable with starting on the Aus GP weekend.

Edited by millen

Well the whole idea was that we DO start on the Aust GP weekend, cos it's cool.

But whatever, I don't care, someone else can make a schedule, nothing is definite, including filling the GP1 grid, which is looking pretty empty at this point now that a bunch have deserted to GP2 or left demoralised.

Are there people who'd join if the dates were pushed back an extra week or more?

As nice as starting Oz GP day is, it's be nicer having a fuller grid for the next 20 weeks than not.

Whats happening with Steve? he was so quick and a pleasure to race with but has announced he is not racing.....come back mate we need you!

Are there people who'd join if the dates were pushed back an extra week or more?

As nice as starting Oz GP day is, it's be nicer having a fuller grid for the next 20 weeks than not.

Also just more an FYI for those not wanting to move up due to the time difference, Daylight savings ends on the 7th of April so all races will get pushed forward an hour :)

Was hoping to see SOJ move up to GP1 actually.

I'm with Sili, any reason for leaving Steve? You were really quick and I always enjoyed racing with you. I'm surprised you aren't even joining at least GP2. :-(