Flouncy

Atomic F1 GP1 Season 7

I've already asked SOJ but he's got work and things going on which'll mean he'll be away for like half the season.

Start time was also an issue.

Well it's only been 1 day, so I'm not expecting that every detail is going to be sorted instantly, which includes the sign ups for GP1. Be patient, it will come.

As for steve it will be sad if he chooses not to continue, I believe I know the reasons why he isn't and I hope he changes his mind.

As for the schedule, the problem is the first 3 weeks still have races that clash. So even if we push back round 1 we have the exact same problem the week after. Saturday is generally difficult for everyone. Friday night is a posibility, but really poses the same problem that Sat does.

So the question is what is the solution? I can't see one really. Other then the plan that Ben has suggested.

I would welcome people to suggest alternatives.

Edited by Lambo

NB: SOJ is now Roary:)

Surly he could race GP1 for S7 given the new times?? I cant see the difference if he only makes half the races. At least you get a super competitive racer for whenever he can make it and that can only be a good thing for GP1. The league needs to be taken as far as it can in prep for the world championship Codemasters will one day hold!

(ok, that last part was made up)

Noo not steve, a very formidable opponent you will be sadly missed on track mate if you do decided to not continue.

Work = Lots of cash

Work = 6.00am until 6.00pm WA time (Race times 4.30 or 5.30 with either day light savings) not gonna be home in time.

8 days on 6 days off = Every other weekend

5 weeks off in May

Baby on the way can't fully commit

I'm to fast everyone will stop racing :p

The Melbourne, Malaysia & Spain dates are clear for me to race. The only Monday evening i couldn't change was the china race.

At this stage I'm happy and confident i can commit to a full season bar the 2 races in June and 1 at china. Our holiday plans are still totally up in the air and i wont really know until much closer to the time. So for now I'll say I'm racing a for those as well. Those 3 week are only set side because its my fiancee's birthday and we where considering going to New Zealand for a few weeks. but that will all depend on our new movements in Hobart. anyway if your happy with that commitment i put forward i'd like to keep my spot in Ferrari, if not i understand.

The Melbourne, Malaysia & Spain dates are clear for me to race. The only Monday evening i couldn't change was the china race.

At this stage I'm happy and confident i can commit to a full season bar the 2 races in June and 1 at china. Our holiday plans are still totally up in the air and i wont really know until much closer to the time. So for now I'll say I'm racing a for those as well. Those 3 week are only set side because its my fiancee's birthday and we where considering going to New Zealand for a few weeks. but that will all depend on our new movements in Hobart. anyway if your happy with that commitment i put forward i'd like to keep my spot in Ferrari, if not i understand.

Cool - so you cleared Monday's with the boss ok?

What team did you want?

As far as general dates for the first three races go, it's either we do the Monday or push the whole season back three weeks, as Lambo mentioned. Which is pretty extreme given all but one (I think...?) can do Monday's.

Cool - so you cleared Monday's with the boss ok?

What team did you want?

As far as general dates for the first three races go, it's either we do the Monday or push the whole season back three weeks, as Lambo mentioned. Which is pretty extreme given all but one (I think...?) can do Monday's.

yeah i'd rather do the monday's than push it back. Yes i can do 3/4 mondays. ill just have to miss china. And im pairing up with Flukey in Ferrari.

on another node,

Edited by Modz

Nice Modz, Flukey/Mod in Ferrari....

Team Mokey?

On a side note, I'm working on something special.....stay tuned....

Nice Modz, Flukey/Mod in Ferrari....

Team Mokey?

On a side note, I'm working on something special.....stay tuned....

Flodz.

Welcome back Modz......

There are high expectations at Ferrari next season to be a constructor contender....LOL

Not to start any rumors here but I hear that the Force India deal for schmeval is similar to the shumacher deal he had at Mclaren, where the Number 2 had to move out the way anytime Schmeval approached and was behind.........

HAHAHA LOL, Let the mind games begin :P

EDIT: Flouncy. Monday races are ok, but 7:30 doesn't work for me at all. That's basically when I arrive home from work. If you make it 8:30 that'll allow me to get some dinner down and join in.

Any thoughts on this people?

If I skip dinner 8pm is doable, but my stomach will be Mr Grumpy.

I'd still be keen on a longer break so we can keep to a sunday schedule, something like 5 weeks rather than 3 but that may not suit everyone

I'd still be keen on a longer break so we can keep to a sunday schedule, something like 5 weeks rather than 3 but that may not suit everyone

+1 but will do whatever suits everyone :)

EDIT: Flouncy. Monday races are ok, but 7:30 doesn't work for me at all. That's basically when I arrive home from work. If you make it 8:30 that'll allow me to get some dinner down and join in.

Any thoughts on this people?

If I skip dinner 8pm is doable, but my stomach will be Mr Grumpy.

8 or 8:30 is better for me, a 7:30 start. Means I'm a bit rushed to make the race

We could even sneak in a 100% special event of some sorts to cure the racing itch should 5 weeks be considered too long. 100% monaco could be fun or even melbourne to coincide with the real thing.

Speaking of melbourne, how many people will be going to the melb grand prix?

Welcome back Modz......

There are high expectations at Ferrari next season to be a constructor contender....LOL

Not to start any rumors here but I hear that the Force India deal for schmeval is similar to the shumacher deal he had at Mclaren, where the Number 2 had to move out the way anytime Schmeval approached and was behind.........

HAHAHA LOL, Let the mind games begin :P

i walked away from F1 completely last year and have only touched it twice since then. It feels foreign to me and its going to take some getting back into. So a lot of pressure from the Team boss make sure i have my head screwed on right and make sure i start the season on the right footing so that the rest of the season can go much smoother than my previous. Part of my return contract is that i had to prove that im in it for the long hall. And that my actions on previous occasions last season where not condoned by the Boss, and must not be repeated.

So having said that, i look forward to having some really good battles on track this year with a good mix of drivers.

@Nobody. na mate, i managed to just hold my contract with Ferrari here.

Edited by Modz

We could even sneak in a 100% special event of some sorts to cure the racing itch should 5 weeks be considered too long. 100% monaco could be fun or even melbourne to coincide with the real thing.

Speaking of melbourne, how many people will be going to the melb grand prix?

It's not a horrible idea, but yeah 5 weeks break is a long time. We'd have to hold an event in between which could be a good idea.

Ben thoughts? Maybe 2 x 100% race distance events in between?

+1 but will do whatever suits everyone :)

+1

Weekdays maybe bad for those that need to travel interstate for work during the week. I should be home for the Mondays proposed but not sure about anyone else.

I'd be happy with 5 weeks so we can do the every Sunday schedule. Can have some "SNP" or special events in between as mentioned to cure the F1 itch until official season 7 start if that's needed to keep the interest going.

But yer, will do whatever suits all.

Just no 100% Monaco, fark... Did a 100% Singapore test with UF1R and it killed me.

Was thinking about a 100% stop gap solution yesterday but forgot to post about it. Could be just what the doctor ordered.

Maybe do 100% races in sync with the IRL events? So Melb and Malay.