Flouncy

Atomic F1 GP1 Season 7

Could even try some other games in the break.

I was thinking of running a few Race07 events here and there, as I think quite a few of us own that game. If anyone wanted to help me plan some of those we could even make a little 'mini series' or something, maybe a 3 race series run over 3 friday nights or something.

pre-season testing at race Catalunya?

Edited by Modz

EDIT: Flouncy. Monday races are ok, but 7:30 doesn't work for me at all. That's basically when I arrive home from work. If you make it 8:30 that'll allow me to get some dinner down and join in.

Any thoughts on this people?

If I skip dinner 8pm is doable, but my stomach will be Mr Grumpy.

Yep that sounds right, I'll change the schedule to 8:30 for those nights.

Ignore above - see below...

Ok a 5 week break seems to be popular, I'll re-do the calendar when I have time. If anyone else feels like doing that tonight go for it. We can find something to do 100% at in between. I vote no Melbourne (we're doing it soon anyway) and HELL NO Monaco - are you crazy, man? Catalunya is nice for longer distances. As a thought.

Edited by Flouncy

100% votes:

* Hockenheim

* Suzuka (but a lot of guys just did that one)

* Catalunya

I'd be happy with any of these

Our season #6 driver awards are now up:

http://www.atomicf1.net/26-2-20132.html

I'd like to point out a special award that I've started this season as a kind of 'Hall of Fame'. A small award that will recognize those that have contributed so much to Atomic F1 for these past 2 and a half years.

I'm pleased that Eradicator has gotten the nod as the first 'inductee'. A copy of Windows 7 Ultimate will be on it's way to you sir. Congrats. :)

Mark's a former teamy of mine, you know. Before that he was nothing. I'm glad those days led to this day, but I can't take all the credit.

Good job, lad. You're special sauce.

Mad props, too, to all the awardees. Magnificent, one and all.

Congrats to all award winners. Well deserved!

Edit: we could have our own pre-season testing at Catalyuna

Edited by tof

I'd like to point out a special award that I've started this season as a kind of 'Hall of Fame'. A small award that will recognize those that have contributed so much to Atomic F1 for these past 2 and a half years.

I'm pleased that Eradicator has gotten the nod as the first 'inductee'. A copy of Windows 7 Ultimate will be on it's way to you sir. Congrats. :)

Very good read Congrats to all. :D

Edited by Modz

Hey ET, you said that you modded one of the files to give you a custom view from the car. Could you let me know which file that was and what all of the variables do? I'm keen to try out cockpit view but I might make a few changes from the standard one

Hey ET, you said that you modded one of the files to give you a custom view from the car. Could you let me know which file that was and what all of the variables do? I'm keen to try out cockpit view but I might make a few changes from the standard one

Mercedes is not happy with this direction.

I think Flouncy's view is high enough but still cockpit for the best of both worlds. good view but more realism.

Yeah I like flouncy's view but It sits too high up and too far back for me. I'd like to be able to see the wheel details easily

Well Intense, since you were so nice in saying your goodbyes to me and thanking me for how gracious I was on the track and, hey hang, on. You didnt say shit Intense!

Oh well, I'm a good guy, I'll help you anyway :p (just jokes man, get over it :)

Ok, what you want is this as a guide for starters. Save the image, it will come in handy for a long time.

Posted Image

You will also need to google this:

fergo binXML

Find it, download it.

Next, before you stuff with anything. BACKUP YOUR EXISTING CAMERA FILE.

As an example. My camera file lives here:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012\cars\rb2

Its called "cameras.xml" Copy it to a backup folder in the same directory of the car you are editing (I think each file is particular to a given car, dont know why)

Ok, run up your binXML program and you will see "convert from binary to text XML. Click on "Add files" and loadup your cameras.xml. Convert it to a text file so you can open it for editing.

TIP:

When I edited my cameras file, I edited the default cockpit cam so that I know what I am getting when I select what my default camera is in the game setup. If you want to do the same follow on.

As you search through the "cameras.txt" file you created in the earlier step, you will see a fuck load of cameras and various values. These are all the cams for the game, including the replay cams ect. Each time you see "<View type=" you are looking at the values for a new cam.

The one we want is: <View type="Head" ident="head-cam-Close"

The key values I edited are these, the rest are default:

<Parameter name="fov" type="scalar" value="55.0000" />

<Parameter name="position" type="vector3" x="-0.0000" y="0.8500" z="-0.3000" />

Once you have tweaked your settings, use binXML to recompile the saved txt file to a new cameras.xml file and plonk it in your cars directors (as above)

Load up the game and test away. It took me a lot of attempts to get a setup I was happy with. My cam sits a little higher and a little further forward than default.

I hope this helps, enjoy.

Edited by et_rom

/gets up on stage and gratefully accepts the AF1 Hall of Fame trophy from Lambo

"Oh wow... I didn't see this coming! I'm greatly honored to be chosen as the inaugural inductee into the AF1 Hall of Fame :D

There's many others in this league that deserve just as much or more so to be considered entry into such a grand standing in our league.

If I had a say in such matters I would've bestowed such a prize and honor on someone with more sausage like fingers than I, or one that did a lot of the heavy lifting in organising the league all these years or dutifully keeping track of the ladders and points behind the scenes.

I'd like to thank McLaren, Catherham and especially Williams for giving me the opportunity to drive in this league over the years, with out their support I wouldn't be where I am now. I'd also like to thank my previous team mates in Flouncy, Sora and Ghost, thanks for all the words of wisdom along the way and putting up with me in the garage and on the track.

Being the first inductee, I don't really get the privilege of being able to rattle off other great drivers names to feel honored to be considered included amongst, so I'll say this instead, you ALL deserve to be included in here and I hope as the seasons roll on and new drivers are inducted I will finally get that privilege.

In the mean time, I'll stand by my life sized Hall of Fame golden statue over here made in my honor and say I am truly beside myself. Thankyou."

Congratz to the other award winners, Flukey, Intense, ET and of course Schmeval. All highly deserved awards.

On a side note, regarding my prize, as generous as it is, I honestly am not in need of it and wouldn't even have a use for it. Please pass it on to someone else that can better put it to good use :)

Ok, what you want is this as a guide for starters. Save the image, it will come in handy for a long time.

Dudes, that looks like T-cam with the helmet taken out! Edited by mark84

Dudes, that looks like T-cam with the helmet taken out!

Give looks to give a much nicer depth of field for those running single monitors.

Also here is a 1080P season 7 intro fresh off the render mill. This will be for both GP1 & 2. Extre browny points for the person who can guess which car/eng the new sounds from. It's a mix of 2 cars on track but they are both from the same garage.

Edited by Modz

Mark, that image is an example of a Tcam mod. Its purpose is to explain the direction you will move in if you make adjustments, thats all. Its not the view I use.

Thanks heaps et. You're not leaving us, we'll still see you in fnp and carving it up in gp2 so I haven't written any speeches for your retirement just yet

Nice, ET. Did you make that one yourself? - You should make a guide, I'd love to post it up on the site...

Modz - Ha! I was going to ask you if you were going to make one for S7 thank you.

Mark - PM me your address dude, will want to send it on it's way.

Also here is a 1080P season 7 intro fresh off the render mill. This will be for both GP1 & 2. Extre browny points for the person who can guess which car/eng the new sounds from. It's a mix of 2 cars on track but they are both from the same garage.

Where's the download link? :-P

Revised calendar, thoughts please:

Mark I put Melb start at 7:30 even tho it's a Monday cos it's easter, lemme know if you'd like that moved to 8:30.

Australia - Monday Apr 1 7:30

Malaysia - Sunday Apr 7 7:30

China - Monday Apr 15 8:30

Bahrain - Sunday Apr 21 7:30

Spain - Sunday Apr 28 7:30

Monaco - Sunday May 5 7:30

Canada - Sunday May 12 7:30

Great Britain - Sunday May 19 7:30

Germany - Sunday May 26 7:30

Hungary - Sunday Jun 2 7:30

Belgium - Sunday Jun 9 7:30

Italy - Sunday Jun 16 7:30

Singapore - Sunday Jun 23 7:30

Korea - Sunday Jun 30 7:30

Japan - Sunday Jul 7 7:30

India - Sunday Jul 14 7:30

Abu Dhabi - Sunday Aug 4 7:30

USA - Sunday Aug 11 7:30

Brazil - Sunday Aug 18 7:30

Fantastic - good onya Intense.

Edited by Flouncy