Flouncy

Atomic F1 GP1 Season 7

Caelum.

Bloody hell.

Cool :}

How is he?

He's alright. On holidays at the moment, so quite relaxed. Another week, then back to WA and work...

But, i have a new mountain bike frame to build up when i get there, so that may have to take priority in my free time for a little while ;)

Sif i could... I look back with warm fuzzies, thinking of all the times you've lapped me ;)

Hope to make a serious return to the championship as soon as my connectivity allows for it...

Hey Lambo, I remember sending you an advanced subwoofing audio effect simulation device that I was not using. If you are not using your new toy that you bought, I'll take it off your hands.

I gotta keep asking, maybe one day one of you will say "OK Ghost, I'll send it your way".

Also, who is up for tonight's practice....

....Oh, say, can you see by the dawn's early light ....

Yeah I'm in tonight, missed last season's US race so really need to get this track scoped out. Need people to follow so I don't get lost...

I'm in for tonight, what time are you guys starting ?

Lambo, get that new wheel out of the box and start using it. I thought you should of had the day off work to get it sorted. shame shame shame .

It would take a bit to set it up wouldn't it? Lambo is gonna have to drill holes in his cockpit because I think it doesn't have clamps.

Flouncy, how you got yours setup? Does it require bolting it to something?

So the boxes are all on the floor ready for me to tear into....

Any unfortunately I can't do anything about it. My little girl is sick and requires my attention. The wheel will have to wait for later. :(

Jase I'll be on soonish, it's getting to the right time.

Ghost I drilled a couple of holes in my very solid desk and bolt it in each time, it's easy.

Lambo OPEN THE BOX MAN!

Sorry mate, this is as far as I can go. The little one does come first. But I can give you a glimpse of what I'm staring at:

Posted Image

One of the races from FNP. One where my name was sullied after apparently causing a three car pileup.

Soooo....update....

I got to take the goodies out of the box this morning, rough night with the little one, but just had to at least take it out of the box.

First impression. ZOMG.....it's.....it's....so beautiful. So very beautiful. It really is for a better word, 'sim art'. You just know it's good qualify just looking at it. Just have to share this with Ghost, because as I was opening the Formula Rim...the top of the box caught my eye.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Didn't need to drill anything Ghost, already had mounting holes on my rig that lined up. So bonus, no drilling necessary.

Here it is sitting on my rig:

Posted Image

Here it is with the BMW Wheel:

Posted Image

Here it is with the Formula Rim:

Posted Image

So I've fired it up, updated firmware, installed drivers. Thank god for Ben because he'd layed the ground work for setting this beast up. Used his setup and fired up F1 2012. Wanted to know how much it would affect lap times. Last laps down was on abi. My best TT time is 1:39, was able to match it on the second flying lap, so the settings Ben gave are an excellent base to work off. I'll have to work on muscle memory for the buttons at the top as I keep hitting the middle one for KERS and DRS.

Still it's an amazing bit of kit. I'm planning on writing something for the site so more will come. Especially on the BMW wheel which I'm totally in love with.

It is a great day, indeed!

I think I want the BMW wheel now... how's the size? I heard from some posters around the place that for some, it felt a bit big? I was also semi-waiting for a future wheel that's also properly touring car round, but with buttons you can reach more easily - heard that you need to take your hands off a bit to reach them with the Beemer wheel...?

Very happy for you, and hope baby is A-Ok.

Here is a comparison photo of a G27 wheel and the BMW wheel:

The G27 is smaller, much smaller. But I've included one were I stack it on top and it's probably an inch bigger diameter. Really the G27 is small, the BMW rim is normal car size. In terms of button placement, yes, you really need to take your hand off the wheel to press them. How much this will annoy will be more apparent once I start trying some of the other sims. The thumb toggle is gettable. But I'm not certain this is going to be a major problem.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also I did try hot swapping the F1 wheel out with the GT2 in the middle of F1 2012. Works fine, and actually....was very comfortable to drive with in F1 2012.

Cool thanks for those pics, very handy.

Here's the button mapping I use:

I use Xpadder for macros to sort fuel mix buttons and brake balance - yell if you want my profile for that and I'll email it.

Posted Image

Edited by Flouncy

if you're a Jenson fan, and want to remain so, DO NOT watch this.

If, however, you wish to see a silly bit of pretentious wankery of the highest order, hit play.

I think that made me more of a fan. It's quite obviously taking the piss. I laughed.

The creepy ones were Jenson appears in peoples homes are worse.

Edited by millen

yeah I like those ones. Funny. This latest though... I'm not so sure he's taking the piss in this one... though of course is just doing whatever the director/agency wanted.

That's ok Schmeve, I understand you are scared of my speed at the Americas. Completely understandable.

All you other guys take note of what Schmeval has done to avoid embarrassment. Take a good long hard look at yourselves in the mirror and ask yourself if you should turn up as well.

I'll be there with bells and fucking whistles on!

I think that made me more of a fan. It's quite obviously taking the piss. I laughed.

+1

The sideways look at 11 seconds shows it all.

Great racing tonight.

Fantastic battle all race with ToF/Intense/Mark. I don't think I ever lost sight of any of those cars all race. Epic stuff.

Wheel felt great, I think I've set it up just right for me now so pleased with that. Looking forward to the finish in Brazil now.