Flouncy

Atomic F1 GP1 Season 7

Yeah, good time. Was looking forward to an action packed race last night. 3G connection didn't like it though as I lost internet connectivity. So at least my drop wasn't a game issue.

I thought the field looked good last night. Everyone pretty much in the 1.10's so I thought it would be a close race. By the 3rd Qualy session I had had enough practice so decided to go out with 40laps of fuel to practice with a heavy car for a bit. This made me set a time of 1.12. But since I thought everyone was close I didn't mind starting at the back.

Come to the race and I got off to an OK start, we all made it around the first turn cleanly which was nice for a last race of the season. then I set in behind everyone. Managed to overtake Mark as he got a tap from that evil Flouncy. Managed to pass Flouncy on a straight with what I thought may have been a bit aggressive. Sorry Flouncy you ran wide and went off track but I didn't leave enough room for you to get back on. I felt bad for that but he got back past as Intense got by us both.

The next lap I think I lost it somewhere which allowed Flouncy to get into DRS. Now I don't remember what happened here but going on Flouncy's replay it looks like he made the DRS stick, then maybe went a bit wide and I came through and tapped him with my rear wheel. Sorry again man.

He obviously didn't like how I was driving, invoked his godly influences and dropped me from the game. Nice.

Oh well I had a fun few laps, I think I had some speed here but as I said, so did everyone. Looks like there is some drama towards the end though which will be fun to hear all about.

Thrilled to have been in the hunt, and possibly on target for my first win. But I have to say that Dazza, you really deserve a DSQ for that.

No I am not joking - that was the sort of dirty driving I would expect from a nube in the open online races, which is one of the reasons I tend to avoid that track, because of this kind of BS.

A few times you took up a defensive position only to leave less than a car width when you retook the racing line, which intentionally comprimises my confidence under braking.

But the real icing on the cake was when we ended up racing to the finish line on the last lap, when I may have had a chance to steal 2nd place, only to have you swerve across twice to ram into the side of me - slowing me down - before we crossed the line.

You say you were driving straight - but my video will show otherwise. It really is amazing how the netcode "plays up" when someone has a real chance of stealing a position.

Lambo, award Dazza a DSQ. That was below the belt and I wouldn't be kicking up a stink if I lost fairly and squarely.

Dazza may refute it ever happened, but unless he has video evidence of his own, it's his word against my video. I play with the G27 wheel too and I felt both of those hits.

Video up later today...

http://www.youtube.com/user/YamahaDrums2009

*sigh*

I'll have to wait and see your video before commenting Yamaha. It's a serious accusation, so we do need to take this pretty seriously. I'd like to hear from DaZzA as well in regards to this. But until we see the video, we can't make any conclusion.

For the record we have never DSQ'd a driver for poor behaviour on track.

Just watched the last couple of laps from Yamaha's replay.

No doubt about it. Dazz deliberately pushed Yamaha into the wall twice when it looked like Yamaha was possibly about to pull by and gain a place.

Prior to that Dazz's car appears to be rock stable, so no warping issues happening here.

At a bare minimum it's Dazz changing his racing line - but doing so twice when we all know that's against the rules, and I'm fairly sure Dazz raised this as an issue we all need to comply with in the past.

But that said I think it's pretty clear from the vid that the intention was to make contact, repeatedly.

A shame. Whether or not Yamaha would have gotten by would have come down to an exciting coat-of-paint photo finish. A pity that Dazz apparently wasn't sporting enough to let that unfold...

Nothing in it from what I saw. The first tap was Dazza just rightfully blocking for a position at the end of a race, the second was him trying to straighten up after the tap.

Edited by Ghost05

ROFL OK.....

I'm not even going to get into this BS again. If there is to be these sorts of reviews after races then it must be a requirement for every player to record their races otherwise it is just one word against another. I DON'T record races purely because I the 2 prior times I tried to record, one my FPS went to shit in QF (it has been fine every other time) and the other I lost all FF. I decided it was not worth the risk even though it's probably unrelated.

Flouncy: "no doubt about it" ... I didn't move the fkn wheel an inch!! If i did that I would of lost so much speed it would of handed the position away. I absolutely resent that comment. The fact you couldn't even wait for my side of the story is seriously poor form.

I watched the last few laps. I stand by my line on the DRS straight on the final lap, his car was never along side me so I was well within my right to move over right for braking. On the start/finish straight I didn't change my line at all on the run down and just before the line I could feel blips of FF in the wheel which generally means another car is practically inside / on top / right next to you. Let me say again, I DID NOT move my wheel in an attempt to block / ram / crash or whatever else you want to come up with. To me I was a mile away from the pit wall on the right hand side, I never started drifting around like that. I was watching in rear view almost the whole time when we got to the pit wall and you was left and I was right.

Personally I don't care what happens, IMO I would of still had the position had there not of been contact. That shit would only cause me to lose speed and let you catch up even further.

Whilst I was defending from you I was constantly getting bumps in braking and I even said to be more careful. I lost at least 5 seconds when Flukeys bubble put me in the grass, unfortunately SHIT happens and I know that better than anyone here.

I'll happily have a 10 second penalty if it will make you happy and let you sleep at night. I still think its BS.

Edited by dazzas13

Just watched the last dozen or so yamaha/dazz laps, the period when they were in close racing.

I don't see any prob with the defensive driving, both guys were doing it. A bit marginal a couple of times when moving back onto the racing line when the other car was slightly alongside, but almost nothing in it and all looked clean.

But this.

All I can say is that it reminds me of

e: Saw Dazz's reply after I posted the above.

Post-race action isn't something we've ever done, as Lambo mentioned, though we did give Nightkid a one race ban to discourage his reckless (though not malicious) driving.

But Dazz you can't be surprised at Yamaha's post, or my reaction after watching the vid. It *looks bad*.

For future I'd strongly suggest that you and everyone makes an effort to figure out race recording, even if you don't post the whole thing every week as some of us do, purely to have as a defense against accusations like this.

As yamaha said, without that it's just someone's word (with a vid) against another's (without). That means this incident must forever sit in the unresolved basket.

The fact that is was the last straight of the last lap, and a decisive moment, when you two had had very close racing leading up to that without anything like this happening led to my 'no doubt' comment, plus obviously yamaha's being upset. If you'd like people to see your side then you surely can't be surprised at people seeing yamaha's perspective as well.

Edited by Flouncy

I knew that would be brought up. Sure it looks similar but I believe that F1 2011 and those moves were pretty suspect when it happens over multiple laps.

Without starting another war, Loose was, well, an aggressive driver at the best of times... I've also been on the receiving end of that myself.

I've always raced clean and fair. the opening 14 laps pretty much wing to wing with Flukey and we did our best to keep it clean just as I did for the closing laps with you.

I understand his upset, sure it looks bad but his 3rd, he still got a podium. This is hardly a reason to call for DSQ and his reaction is quite over the top. This wasn't a punt you into the wall lap 1, turn 1 race over incident. (Which never ends in DSQ in real life anyway...)

I might add that at Korea this season I was on for a podium until Flukey bumped me off but shit happens.

Everyone here is always free to dissect races in the aftermath. Mark and I are/were doing it right now. And we've seen often a bit of heat come into it.

All I can say is that I'm very happy to be part of a league where a call for action has been incredibly rare, and it's a great thing that we are able to maintain a league where post-race shit needs to be *officially* resolved. Because we don't do that.

Nightkid copped it because he drove dangerously, always, and everyone saw it. But those remaining here now all have clean track records to fall back on as a defense, which is how it should stay.

And if it's not clear to everyone already - any opinions I express are personal. And, I hate it when this shit goes down, but feel obliged to have a say.

What a fantastic final race! Was so close the entire way and a heap of fun.

Despite some of your issues no one was worse off then me with my lost connection going into the very last lap :-(.

I was chasing Oz down on new options and running out of fuel. The gap went from 7 seconds to 2 seconds within 5 laps and I had a very minor chance of catching him by the final straight if he made a mistake.

Looking at some of the vids Yamaha was a master in trafic. He was pushing really hard and still avoiding any type of contact. Respect bro, (thump, thump on chest).

The incedent with Dazza over the finish line looks really suspect. I have never had any issues with Dazza what so ever so I am not doubting him. This still could have been a bubble as while he was moving over to the left his car could have been delayed on Yamahas screen. However if that was the case then Dazza would have admitted to moving over to the left and would have also felt the contact? So who knows.

The blocking at the end of the DRS zone was marginal. Yes he was infront but I think you should never cut across someone in the breaking zone. What if Yamaha decided to break a bit later and try to go up the outside? He would have hit Dazza taking them both out. Luckily he was obviously very patient otherwise this could have been much worse.

deserve a DSQ for that.

1. Without video proof from the other POV no one can really rule one way or another, despite how bad yours looks. Maybe he did, or like what happened to me 1st lap, shit net code.

2. We've never done post race results penalties or results adjustments.

3. Theoretically, if action were to be taken against him for being in the wrong, I'd have given a 10s penalty for it. DSQ to me would require knocking someone out of race and killing their car, or repeat offences in same race.

Mark got owned by the CM bubble by the looks.

There was no on-screen contact from my POV, and certainly not deliberate. So musta been a bubble.
Netcode strikes again. In my playback, you (your arrow) sweeps back behind me to left side of track like taking racing line, then *bump*.

The fact you said nothing at time suggested you didn't know what happened, but I had to also go with what happened on my screen. So I was left fuming as that essentially stuffed my race on the 1st lap.

When I post vid up, check it out. Judging by the arrow movement, it's similar to what happened to Yamaha then, your car sweeps back across track :S

a hot last few as Mark came oh so close.

Was fun and weird for me the last laps, then disappointing.

You're encouraging me to catch you, but with our little bottom of ladder rivalry going on wasn't sure if you're trolling me lol. Especially as I was running lean mix half the time I was catching you.

Then last 2 laps some where I tapped your rear through the esses dropping me back a bit, and then at that moment kers died. So lean fuel and no kers, I pretty much gave up then.

Just watched the last dozen or so yamaha/dazz laps, the period when they were in close racing.

I don't see any prob with the defensive driving, both guys were doing it. A bit marginal a couple of times when moving back onto the racing line when the other car was slightly alongside, but almost nothing in it and all looked clean.

But this.

All I can say is that it reminds me of

I've now watched it and it's exactly what it reminded me of too Ben.

I've never seen in the two seasons and countless hours playing 2012 any sort of game 'issue' that could possibly be anything other than what it looks like. However, we do not have the convenience of two videos. We only have one side, and as such I cannot impose any sort of penalty. If we didn't for Looses incident then certainly I cannot here if DaZzA says it's not what he saw or did. Can't impose a penalty with only evidence from the prosecution.

DaZzA while I appreciated you say you did nothing wrong or intentional, you can understand Yamaha doesn't see it that way, and if I can give some constructive criticism. We both know your not immune to the personal emotional outburst. The sighs, the moans, the 'your hitting me' messages. I've personally never heard you blame anything other than the game, or other drivers for pretty much everything that happens and if it ha been me, I'd instantly think you'd done that deliberately to.

In other news, my video is done

Pretty amazing race and was a nail biter right down to the end.

Had a good qually session, which slotted me in 7th, had the pace in me to do a flat 1:10 but just couldn't pull it together when it counted.

Off the line I had a good launch but took t1 a tad wide which compromised me into t2 and I lost out to Silli who went side by side with Lambo into T4. I braked at the 100m marker because I wasn't sure about fuel/dirty air, etc and got a huge shove from the other lotus which pushed me deep and onto the grass. I managed to recover and went on my merry way before another oversteer moment happened through the s2 long right. I was momentarily last until Eradicator had his bad luck come through. So now out of place and with a lot of fuel left I decided to burn the rich mix to catch up. Planned on saving it for my primes stint but that's out of the window now.

What ensued was an amazing race with battles from start to finish with me and Lambo going for it over the line. My greed failed me as I put it in Rich for the final climb up the hill and ran out of fuel a few seconds before the line, enough for Lambo to sneak through where his fuel cut out just in front of me, well played.

Well fuck you all. Saying it was a nail biter til the end. That's what I was eagerly looking forward to.

With me disconnecting and the Yammy/Daz issue there is only really one course of action to be had. Rematch.

Sunday Driver's Quote

Mercedes - ToF

What a disappointing closing race for season 7 but it was fun at times. Came into this race knowing I had the pace to beat Preyst and Yamaha for once and knew I had to make some do or die moves to get past. I got lucky with qualifying to start P3 since it wasn't a perfect lap but instantly had a problem at race start when I lost position to both Preyst and Yamaha in the first 3 turns. The following 6 laps was the most frustrating time on the track I've had for a long time. Preyst and Yamaha just kept holding each other up and because we were all on primes I couldn't commit to a do or die move on 2 cars. It was only after Oz caught up to us with his superior options that he was able to disturb the bottleneck that allowed Daz and Flukey to disappear. With Oz interrupting, I was able to make a pass on Yamaha but lost it again as I accidentally bumped Oz at the end of DRS and decided to give the place back. A few laps later he went wide and let me through and I started to slowly catch Preyst and Yamaha.

These 2 then decided to pit earlier than expected so I tried to beat their undercut by staying out a couple of laps on rich but the tyre difference was too much and I lost 2 secs ground to them. It was then time to catch them up with qually laps to the end but that was stopped by KERS exploding. Nice timing Codemasters/Mercedes! KERS didn't return until 5 laps later but the damage had been done, now 6.5 secs behind Yamaha. As soon as KERS came back I gained over half a sec per lap and got the gap down to under 4 secs just before the end of the race but it was too little too late for me. Felt like I lost any podium chances in the first laps but that's racing and that's an area I'll be discussing with my teammate Intense who is a lot stronger.

P4 and P8 not a bad result for the team meaning we surpassed our season goal of achieving the best ever result for the team. While we came 4th in constructors, it was tough to stay ahead of Lotus. We also exceeded the previous points total of 174 of E.T. and MaverickROM back in season 3. After a season of ups and downs, this was a great result for Intense and me. :)

Woohoo, Caterham 3rd in the constructors. We beat those pesky Mercedes Preyst. Yes, I said WE.

All that info I handed over to Preyst worked wonders. I taught him well and my 8 points really meant a lot in the constructors championship. :)

Woohoo, Caterham 3rd in the constructors. We beat those pesky Mercedes Preyst. Yes, I said WE.

All that info I handed over to Preyst worked wonders. I taught him well and my 8 points really meant a lot in the constructors championship. :)

I will send my army of ferrets to sabotage next season's Caterhams! It's always you Ghost. Intense and me were so excited to be gunning for P3 in constructors but then you Mr Ghost, had to change everything. Well done on P3 Ghost.

Who's that other useless bloke in your team?

You're encouraging me to catch you, but with our little bottom of ladder rivalry going on wasn't sure if you're trolling me lol. Especially as I was running lean mix half the time I was catching you.

Then last 2 laps some where I tapped your rear through the esses dropping me back a bit, and then at that moment kers died. So lean fuel and no kers, I pretty much gave up then.

I was TOTALLY trolling you.

It's what we have between us. Or would, if you had a mic. So I have to do double the trolling to make quota. But I could sense your fuming. That gave me enormous joy.

:p

Hey Lambo and Flouncy, guess what?

.................Mercedes smashed McLaren in constructors AND drivers! Intense beat Lambo HO HO HO!

Manufacturing team wins :P

Next season it's all-out friendly rivalry, Ferret Boy. Plus my personal feud with Mark. And my mission to upset Ghost a lot. We're gonna be busy :)

...And my mission to upset Ghost a lot...

That's pretty futile.

...and with a face like yours, how could I ever get upset?

Just some ring in.

I think my team mates this season could be called 'ring outs'?

Hey Lambo and Flouncy, guess what?

Oh yeah, I remember setting a goal early on in the season to beat team 'Flambo' in the constructors.

And team Sauber did! woot!

Likely totally fucked next season, but hey, you never know.

Seriously though, thanks to Slizzer for his brief and explosive appearance in our comp and as my teamy. Riley too for some much needed manufacturer points.

It's been a great season with it's ups and downs and all the side show distractions that go along with.

Oh and my vid

- L1 T10, Flounces net code ghost car bumps me off stuffing my race. Possibly in a similar net code correction to what we saw with Dazz and Yamaha? (ie their car moves across the track when they didn't)

- Blah blah boring

- L15 catch the wooden spooner before he pits, sili gets by and I try to keep up

- L19, defend against Oz pretending I have a chance

- L21, drift it a bit too much T8. And pit

- Blah blah fuel, crap fuel, blah

- L29-34 Flouncy and his big gear box

- Blah blah crap fuel, blah blah no KERS, fin.

Next season it's all-out friendly rivalry, Ferret Boy. Plus my personal feud with Mark. And my mission to upset Ghost a lot. We're gonna be busy :)

Once the restraining order is lifted of Oz, he can join in the frivolity as well