sora3

AtomicF1 GP2 Season 3

Great update Millen. Keep em coming.

I found something similar and I will post it in the S02 Forum as it lacks there professionalism edging found in this one.

I do believe the author has been drinking and is not quite stable in the mind...

FJ has recently contacted me and due to legal liabilities has been pushed to page 92....buried pretty much. =)

Edited by toggsie

I am not Freddie Jordan. :) One of our other esteemed drivers goes by the ghost writing name of Freddie... :p

Guess I had better throw my hat in the ring and actually confirm that I would like to race in Season 3.

*throws hat*

I will be renewing my contract at 'Scudaria' Torro Rosso, unless a better offer is made.

Not sure of Wingnuts movements, Wingnut, any news on your driver offers? Has Franz had a talk to you yet?

As Freddie Jordan has reported, apparently Franz has been having a chat to JaseGP....

Interesting...

*Sora, can you please fix 'Scudaria' Torro Rosso in the first post, cheers. :)*

Great update Millen. Keep em coming.

I found something similar and I will post it in the S02 Forum as it lacks there professionalism edging found in this one.

I do believe the author has been drinking and is not quite stable in the mind...

FJ has recently contacted me and due to legal liabilities has been pushed to page 92....buried pretty much. =)

Ok cancel that... wrote a good lil story and accidently deleted it and now cant "undo" or find...

Keep the updates coming....

Martin Trundle:

Well, at least some of the rumors surrounding the driver signings can be put to rest. trundleonaboutF1.com has the exclusive inside knowledge on the Lotus/Ferrari controversy.

We can confirm that both Ploddy and Effing_Sea have re-signed with the Enstone unit, on a 1 season deal. We found out the news from Eric Boullier himself, who had this to say:

We are absolutely elated to retain both our drivers in what is a very tough market. It is no surprise to anyone that these guys were being hunted by a number of teams, and you can understand why - a 4th and 7th in the last championship, combining for 3rd place in the constructors', they are both quality pilots.

When quizzed on what sealed the deal at the end of the day, Eric replied Well, I think it's a combination of things, but ultimately I think the boys realised they were onto a good thing and were on the rise in terms of performance, so why change. We are onto a good thing here.

With that news in hand, we caught up with 'cheese fingers' himself:

MT - So Ploddy, how do you feel to be back at Lotus for another go around?

Ploddy - It feels great. It was a close call there at the end of the day, Ferrari made a very compelling offer, and yes it was for both of us, but we chose well I think

MT - No regrets?

Ploddy - Well, despite what some people say, I think everyone wants to drive for Ferrari at some point in their careers, so yeah, its a little sad. But there's plenty of time for that and now's not the time for change.

MT - What made you think about moving in the first place?

Ploddy - To be perfectly honest, I think the engineers lost their way mid season, and I was worried they weren't going to get it back. After Hockenheim I took a long hard look at things and there were performance gaps. Then I had woeful steering issues that hampered my results, followed by poor setups as well. I cant help thinking that if all of this was fixed earlier, I could have finished on the podium this season. You do soul searching during those times, but in the end team loyalty won out. The boys really rallied hard at the end, and to grab 4th at Brazil, only seconds behind 3rd, was testament to that.

MT - What about the pressure from the rumor mills and media, did it get you down?

Ploddy - Yeah it did. I wish people would leave me alone, I know what I'm doing.

MT - And is Effing happy?

Ploddy - Well, you'd have to ask him, but yeah, I think so. We had a chat about it, Ferrari wanted a package deal after all, but so did Lotus. We were in the box seat with negotiations and we chose our team.

MT - Did you have any special conditions?

Ploddy - Just one: get rid of those stupid fucking red mirrors. The boys have been working on a new livery and seems like they will have it ready to go by Melbourne.

So that's it then. The Lotus outfit is intact. Of course, this now paves the way for others to follow suit. Most importantly, where will season champ SOJ go, now Lotus have rejected him? I'm sure Marussia will have him, but I hear stories he has his eye on HRT. Only time will tell...

Now that modz has has decided to stay in GP1, the all Tassie team won't be happening. As for where I'll go now, nobody knows

Haha, loving all the write ups. It's been an awesome season, stoked to come away with a couple of podium finishes, i didnt think i had a chance after seeing how much everyone had improved from the season before.

Also massive thanks to the guys who took time out to put the website together and the race reviews every week, you lads are awesome. Bring on Season 3.

P.S. I can confirm that an offer was made by Ferrari for the upcoming season, we had a good discussion and the Ferrari scienticians told me about all the reasons why red goes faster, they put together a compelling argument i must say. I have however decided to stay with team Lotus as the engine sounds cool, i have also told the Lotus team about the whole 'red' thing the other guys were talking about.

Awesome write up Freddie.

Agreed, think the Rogue has let the fame go to his head DEMANDING a '94 livery with complete disregard for the team sponsors, cannot imagine they'll be too happy, a huge thing to think about for whoever the team mate will be to sign with Williams A LOT more sponsorship commitments with Rogue putting the sponsors offside.

SOJ to Ferrari!!!

and in other news 50 year deal for Melbourne GP?

Wow, i was just driving, irl, wet roads, and rear started to slide out on me. AU falcon, so no fancy abs braking. Instinctivly, i left the accelerator and pulsed the brake, a little swinging and it was under control and i continued on.

Thanks codies. :)

Edited by fredzfrog

Updated.

@Modz, so you're still staying with GP1 as nobody told me about this?

EDIT: Where's that report for reject status now, Mamy Inkerton!

Edited by sora3

Jase, you have yourself a drive. There's enough spots and you're at the top of the reserve list.

God speed son.

sora, can you please update the OP, and at the same time, put me in the Lotus?

.... and on that cheesey bombshell.

I will sign up for Ferrari please.

Martin Trundle

Team Ferrari has just announced the signing of Season 2 champion SOJ. Rumored not to be their first choice, they have certainly 'settled' for a fine driver. It will be interesting to see who they pair with the eccentric and enigmatic pom, stay tuned for more fun and games.

Edited by Ploddy

I hope it doesn't make a 50year deal, i really wanna see Another Adelaide City GP before i'm too old to make go to the tracks. 50 years from now puts me in my 80's and i honestly don't think it's fair to sign up for that long and lock out other cities as options.

@Sora yeah sorry Nobody passed on that message, ive been at work and havent checked in here yet til now.

Edited by Modz

I hope it doesn't make a 50year deal, i really wanna see Another Adelaide City GP before i'm too old to make go to the tracks. 50 years from now puts me in my 80's and i honestly don't think it's fair to sign up for that long and lock out other cities as options.

I live in Melbourne, so fine by me, wasn't an F1 fan before it hit Melbourne, but would like to see F1's around the original Adelaide track. But its just Bernie's way to tell all in Melb who are against the race and complaining about how much it cost the state that it's a great race and a great location and wants to keep it here for a long time, as long we ppl here stop b*tching about it. But hopefully this means the night race is off the table. he has been asking for ages.

happy with another 5 year deal to keep it going. but never leave Aust, and preferable NEVER go to Sydney. like i said i'm from Melbourne.

SILLY SEASON 03 update.

Ousted McLaren driver Toggsie will join a part time SonofJorel with Ferrari next season. Despite team McLaren's best efforts and apologies for his premature sacking, they have been found unsuccessful in retaining any of their current drivers and now stand to take whoever is left available. When asked if following Soj was the only reason to leave the Woking HQ he replied " Soj is an immensely important factor to my developing career though not the sole purpose for my defection". " I know that Ploddy really wants to drive for Ferrari and whilst I'm here, he can't have it!" " I will enjoy my future victories over Ploddy knowing that. Plus that GEN-U-INE Italian leather will suit me just fine".

Poor Mr Ploddy. It looks like he will have to find another Stallion to ride.... xoX ;P

Ahh, Lambo changed the page name on me... Apparently I put a zero in where there shouldn't be one...

Try this one...

Also, still haven't heard anything from Wingnut... Getting lonely at Torro Rosso... With the right driver, we could push for the constructors title... Come on guys, I'm cool... Hang out with me... Jase? Pessimist? ET? Wingnut? Anybody?...

...hello?...

Edited by millen

Freddie Jordon

Exclusive: Chips all in at Lotus

"Speed not money will be the deciding factor for our line up" were the words of Eric Boullier when asked who would drive for him, in the build up to him announcing his new driver line up, but with the ink not even dry on his contract, Ploddy has come under fire

as shocking news leaks from Enstone.

It has come to light that Ploody has been given a substantial increase in sponsorship funds by Doritos and that he will not receive a paid salary from the team at all this season. Instead choosing to become the potato chips poster boy "Cheesy Finger's" and also

more shockingly making him a "Pay Driver"

"It's a real shame to see him sell out like this and to fall so far from grace" said a broken fan on hearing the news.

Add to this the launched attack on SOJ in the media by disgraced journalist, not to mention Ploddy's manager Martin Trundle and one wonders what is going on at Plods HQ.

This news quickly traveled through GP2 circles and inevitably ended up at the SOJ/ Ferrari launch. "It is well known that SOJ was on everybody's hit list. From the very top to the very bottom of the league, people want him to driver for them" said a Ferrari spokes

man earlier today he continued "it is a privilege that naturally comes with the territory of being the champion"

Questioned at the press conference today SOJ was asked if it's true that Lotus had given him the cold shoulder over Ploddy. "I spoke to Lotus yes, but I spoke to a lot of teams. Lotus tried there best but couldn't offer me a drive without me having to bring along massive

sponsorship and that's just not cricket as fair as i'm concerned" Asked about there reaction to this he said "They pulled on my heels as I tried to leave, begging me to stay as they are sick of crumbs all over there car. Embarrassing really".

Stefano Domenicali was quick to back up his new superstar driver, when asked if SOJ was his first choice "We have been building up to this since the US GP. We are very excited to have SOJ on board he is an exceptional talent and we look forward to a strong season

together." When quizzed on the speculation that Ploddy was destined to join the outfit his response was harsh "We did speak to him in case we could not secure SOJ, but we decided early on that fundamentally we did not want Doritos all over our car's, We got the man

we wanted"

This is not the first time the two drivers have exchanged words off the track with SOJ previously claiming "Ploddy has to much sway in the FIA".

Whist exiting the press conference and getting into his new 458 italia, A Ploddy fan was heard shouting the now infamous line to SOJ who replied "I not looking to kneel anytime soon"

FJ

Edited by sonofjorel88

NASaCAR.com

Ron Dennis spotted lurking around the pit lane at the recent Daytona 500 race where a few GP2 drivers were around. Sending out the big boss in light of their lack of drivers for season 3, or looking to poach someone from Victory Lane?

Ahh, Lambo changed the page name on me... Apparently I put a zero in where there shouldn't be one...

Try this one...

Also, still haven't heard anything from Wingnut... Getting lonely at Torro Rosso... With the right driver, we could push for the constructors title... Come on guys, I'm cool... Hang out with me... Jase? Pessimist? ET? Wingnut? Anybody?...

...hello?...

I already told Mr Frog that I'll drive his spare red bull bud, sorry.

Edited by et_rom