sora3

AtomicF1 GP2 Season 3

Also, still haven't heard anything from Wingnut... Getting lonely at Torro Rosso... With the right driver, we could push for the constructors title... Come on guys, I'm cool... Hang out with me... Jase? Pessimist? ET? Wingnut? Anybody?...

...hello?...

There have been discussions with Monisha and Sora over next season, and they have offered a lucrative deal in a car that I'm comfortable with. But I haven't signed the contract yet and am still considering all options.

I'm assuming that with an STR Deal I get a seasons supply of Red-Bull right??? So if you can ensure a good supply of Stilnox with that I'd be very tempted!

Martin Trundle:

There have been comments made in the media by certain people I used to call colleagues, that I somehow provide favourable, even untrue, commentary about Lotus driver Ploddy. Fighting back the urge to not give such rubbish the time of day, I will say this: people should check their facts. Real journalists do this. However, a dedicated, professional driver and a damn good person has had his name sullied by this slander and this must be made right. He shared with me his thoughts and so I will make very clear, for the record, for both myself and Ploddy:

- Ploddy and I are not business partners, never have been, never will be. It would be utterly unprofessional for someone in my line of work to represent a driver.

- Ploddy draws a salary from Lotus, like all real drivers do, and does not 'bring money' to the outfit. *cough* DC Comics *cough* ACME Missiles *cough*.

- Ploddy likes Doritos. But he is not sponsored by them, nor is there a sponsorship deal with the classic snackfood maker and team Lotus F1. And anyway, he vacuums the car after every session, leaving it sparkly clean and chip free. Only once did a chip get into the air intake and it wasn't really a big deal at the end of the day.

It saddens me that a once great man should debase himself so much as to fabricate a web of lies to further their own career, but such is the mettle of some men. History will show, when the cars line up on the grid at Albert Park, what sponsors adorn the Lotus Team Colours, and I will be vindicated:

Posted Image

PS: By the way, I shit you not, I was eating Doritos as I typed this

:)

Edited by Ploddy

Ahh, Lambo changed the page name on me... Apparently I put a zero in where there shouldn't be one...

Try this one...

Also, still haven't heard anything from Wingnut... Getting lonely at Torro Rosso... With the right driver, we could push for the constructors title... Come on guys, I'm cool... Hang out with me... Jase? Pessimist? ET? Wingnut? Anybody?...

...hello?...

I will join you, so sign me up.

Doubts remain over Nobody's return to GP2

Veteran AtomicF1 driver Nobody813's plans for returning to GP2 seem to be stalling quickly. Things have not being going smoothly for the ex-RFR driver since the middle of season 2 of GP2, despite clawing his way back into the championship after having numerous mechanical issues plague his car for much of the season. Following his resignation from Red Frog Racing, and the conclusion of season 2, he joined Team Zetor in the European Tractor League. While initially showing promise of becoming a front runner in the series,

, dramas in the potato plowing event all but ended Nobody's career just as it started. Team Zetor boss Lech Zbrojovka explained why by saying "Nobody certainly had the right work frame of mind to really do well in this league, but he lacked experience in the field. Tractor racing is a cut-teeth sport, but for us we simply needed someone better"

Now that season 3 is almost upon us, questions have been raised as to if Nobody will return to the league he was instrumental in creating, or if he'll walk away from it for good. Plans were put in motion to create an all-Tasmanian team for GP2, with GP1 driver modz jumping ship back down to his GP2 roots. However, this soon undone after GP1 Ferrari outbid modz's GP2 offer, and therefore keeping him in GP1. Many also believed he would return to Red Frog Racing, this was soon proven wrong with the signing of veteran AtomicF1 and greatly respected driver et_rom as RFR's second driver. RFR driver and team boss fredzfrog commented on this by saying "While Nobody will be missed, we have gained an incredibly talented driver, and I've got the No 1 car now bitches". As for the other teams in GP2, none chose to spoke on whether or not they were interested in hiring Nobody

Finally, I attempted to interview Nobody for this article. A call took place over ventrilo, but unfortunately I could not understand him, as he kept getting messed up with his words and generally didn't make any sense

- Jed Kravitz

Ummm. McLaren is free...

Nightfire,?

Nightkid,?

Milky,?

Statesman,?

WingNut,?

Anybody??

Nobody??????????

EXCLUSIVE: RIVALRY AT AN END

Natalie Pinkbits here, with an exclusive from pit lane here at Melbourne.

It appears the feud between New Ferrari driver SOJ and Lotus stalwart Ploddy is all smoke and mirrors. Sky news captured this shot of the two of them at a promotional event at Albert Park:

Posted Image

We caught up with Ploddy after the event and asked him what was said:

"Yeh, its all bullshit basically. SOJy and I talked it over, and agreed that both commentators are acting like tools, and we are just pawns in an ugly game of controversy they like to stir up in the off season.

Truth is, I have nothing but the higest respect for the Maranello Missile, he's a great guy and a fantastic driver. And we both just like to let our racing do the talking. We're going for a Coopers and a pack of Doritos later".

So there you have it. This has been Natalie Pinkbits for Sky News. Back to you Jed and Allen.

Edited by Ploddy

Ooooh, is that Effing in the drivers seat???

He doesn't look amused. Maybe some jealousy there.....

As for where I'll go now, nobody knows

Ahhh hahahahahahahaha.

Just pick a team already :-p there's still seats.

G

-----------

AJonGP2 update:

The media storm caused by some leaked Williams F1 promotional footage has caught the team off guard this week. The footage, which shows race driver rogue eclipse turning a lap around Albert Park in a repainted FW34 has created quite the stir on social media. Sir Frank himself spoke to this reporter yesterday about the controversy.

"We'll I think the car looked fantastic, it certainly brought back memories" said the venerable team founder "we were doing some promotional work with GP2 Motorsport ahead of the upcoming third season. I believe the plan was to get some footage from all the teams with cars in their classic liveries, we just happened to be first due to rogue's schedule. I don't know where the footage leaked from, but it's certainly caused some knickers to get in a twist!"

When asked if reported rumours about rogue demanding the livery for his car were true, Sir Frank was quick to squash such notions - "Oh certainly not. rogue has never made demands of the team, and he certainly understands the team's sponsorship situation. He was mighty chuffed to drive the car in the historic Senna livery though." Suggestions that the returning driver had taken to thinking of himself as a modern day Senna were dismissed as "poppycock" - "rogue has a realistic understanding of his ability and his limitations, what nonsense."

Meanwhile, contract negotiations were still continuing with zdievo. "Talks are continuing, I'm sure zdievo will reach his own decision in time". Questions are beginning to surface about just who Williams could sign to replace the improved rookie should he move elsewhere. With contracts being signed left, right and centre, the field of experienced eligible drivers is shrinking by the day. With STR's signing of former race winner Jase forming another strong team, the pressure for teams to have two solid points scoring drivers is palpable.

Pacey Sauber driver PessimistPrime has yet to re-sign, along with season 2 race winners NightFire and milky, enigmatic veteran Nobody and newcomer Wingnut. The has been no word as yet from other season 2 inclusions NightKid, VTEC and St8sman. Sir Frank remained tight lipped about whether Williams had approached any of these drivers in light of zdievo's delay - "as I said, talks are continuing with zdievo. I won't speculate on any other discussions that may or may not be taking place"

Edited by grey g

I don't sleep in an oxygen tent.

I did not have sexual relations with that women.

I do not drink my own urine.

FJ has a tendency to talk shite but we love him and his god awful shirts.

Welcome Jase I look forward to racing with you. The races we have had before have been close so should be great fun.

Zdievo talks to Ron Dennis at Daytona big news!

Dam you Cyclone Rusty looks like my cockpit might not be here for weeks thanks to you, you windy bastard!

Edited by sonofjorel88

Here's the revised GP1 calendar guys, fyi, and hopefully so you can align:

Australia - Monday Apr 1 7:30

Malaysia - Sunday Apr 7 7:30

China - Monday Apr 15 8:30

Bahrain - Sunday Apr 21 7:30

Spain - Sunday Apr 28 7:30

Monaco - Sunday May 5 7:30

Canada - Sunday May 12 7:30

Great Britain - Sunday May 19 7:30

Germany - Sunday May 26 7:30

Hungary - Sunday Jun 2 7:30

Belgium - Sunday Jun 9 7:30

Italy - Sunday Jun 16 7:30

Singapore - Sunday Jun 23 7:30

Korea - Sunday Jun 30 7:30

Japan - Sunday Jul 7 7:30

India - Sunday Jul 14 7:30

Abu Dhabi - Sunday Aug 4 7:30

USA - Sunday Aug 11 7:30

Brazil - Sunday Aug 18 7:30

There will no doubt be contention so this isn't final.

Atomic GP2 Season 2 review

The second season of AtomicF1's GP2 season was meant to be the v2.0 of what the first season of the AtomicF1 GP2 was suppose to be. The encore of it where racers could genuinely show how well they fit against each other, free from the confines of the F1 stage. It was supposed to be an ongoing continuation of the battle between millen, sora3 and as well as Ploddy. The added competition was meant to 'spice' up the racing. However, we came to what was the unexpected and perhaps confused seasons yet.

Perhaps had been spoilt over the close racing the above three had in the past. We were so used to races where any of the three above could win. There had been cases where former F1 drivers came in and disrupted the season but in general, the above three had been the ones to watch. We've been used to disruptions, rises and falls of every driver. But this season had proverbially dropped on its head. Exciting races became all too familiar and predictable which tapered off when the season finished at Intelargos.

Since the new cars had been similar to the previous season, there hadn't been any major changes like when AtomicF1 moved from Season 3 to Season 4 with the introduction of the new KERS and DRS. However, the predictability of the tyres meant that races became about who was able to get the tyres to their sweet spot. Many took unorthodox methods to qualifying in order to preserve the tyres or even to be on a different strategy. Fuel loads were also changed in order for people to utilise the advantage an underfuelled car had compared to the more conservative fuelled car.

In the end, it didn't matter. All of the drivers had been quite average this season. This was no joke as most of the newer drivers went from strength to strength whilst some of the more-respected names had dud seasons. Apart from the bickering and as well the no-shows, it meant that the full grids we were promised with went unfulfilled which hopefully the next season can deal with. However, the results speak for themselves and only one driver was able to really successful enough - sonofjorel - to romp away with the competition.

There were moments that made us wonder if anyone could stop the Mclaren master and indeed there were such as Nighfire and as well as Ploddy. But all in all, it didn't matter as the championship had been wrapped up in Suzuka with little fanfare. The Mclaren Meister had taken a break only for a growing force in desmo and Nightfire with Mercedes to run away with the team championship. This made it special for the Brackley team as it had never been in contention for the constructors in F1.

But one had to look down towards the midfield to see the intensity of the action. millen had left for F1 only to return when Scuderia Toro Rosso bumped him back to GP2 to continue his racing. sora3 had a mixed season with 3 podiums only to suffer horrendous luck and mechanical failures that weren't of his doing. nobody had been a ghost but ended his racing career with several positions higher than what he had achieved before. Ploddy had been slated for his first win before alternator issues robbed him of that chance. grey g had been consistent but had bad luck or the lack of bite to push for more than the podium. PessimistPrime had overtaken sora3 as the lead driver for Sauber and rightly earns him the surprise rookie of the season. toggsie managed to get one up from sora3 but one must wonder if the events that sora3 had hadn't happened, one could see sora3 triumph over this upstart.

Maybe Season 2 of the AtomicF1 GP2 was a bit like the world at large: full of stimulation and sensory overload, but where ultimately real-life realities take hold, the consistent and most prepared speak volumes. Where despite the non-stop noise and activity, romanticism and fairytales rarely come true. But then, you look away from the front and focus at the midpack. And we realise, once again, just why this sport keeps drawing us in, and why we're all still addicted to it.

Cenoh Wal from the F1 news room

Edited by sora3

Thanks Flouncy. At a glance, I don't see why we couldn't match the week-to-week timing. Only immediate difference is we would probably look at putting the Mondays to the Sunday's (as an option). For instance, we can do Sunday 14 April at 8.30 or 9, and still watch the GP before-hand with no probs (5pm start).

The bigger problem we are going to have, is getting races wrapped up before the GP's start at 10pm. Not sure how to handle this with some of our racers not good to go till 9 on some weeks. Qualy + race is about 1hr 15 mins on average. We may need to chat about that - I'll just chuck it out there for comment?

Everyone get DVRs, then we can watch the 10pm races on a delayed start. Plus fast forward all the adds. :D

Schedule looks good Flouncy, thanks for reworking that. Much appreciated.

Nice write up Sora.

Edited by millen

Maybe those weeks with the 10pm race starts we could try and get underway half an hour earlier?

Interesting review Sora, although I think you have me mixed up with Ploddy re: that first race win, alas I was nowhere close to a victory last season.

G

Lol. I think so too as I looked at the results. Will have a change. :P

Daylight savings will fix that issue for me and Toggs I believe Plods.

April should see the difference return to 2 hours, so at a push 8.00, but it would be nice for 8.30 start times to give us a bit of a warm up. Weeks off are not a problem. Im not sure how this effects the american

Also I did worse in season 2. I came 2nd multiple times in season 1 :-P

As for the timetable, if I am able to race I can do it whenever really. Sunday is my preference though as it's not a school day. I do however hope any of this doesn't make things harder for rogue

For those weeks that races start at 10pm as long as we are under way bang on half 8, it shouldn't be a problem to finish before the real thing. It would just be important not to delay. The start times really don't bother me as long as we don't interrupt the real races, it's all too bloody early for me either way lol. The day of the week is the only limiting factor on my end.

Those dates look fine, round 3 though - am I missing something that it is also on the Monday? That'd be the only one I would have to miss at this early stage.

As I've said though I am happy to go with the majority guys - and don't call me an American :-p

G

Those dates look fine, round 3 though - am I missing something that it is also on the Monday? That'd be the only one I would have to miss at this early stage.

It is on the Monday for GP1, but I am proposing we do it on at Sunday at 8.30. With the race starting at 5, it will finish at 7, plenty of time to then start our race at 8.30.

Does that make sense?

Oh and millen, I always watch the race live because it allows me to use the live timing app. Its the ONLY way to watch F1. I cant count the times I've notice Alonso do a blistering sector 1 time, only to hear Coulthard then say "Alonso just did a blistering sector 1 time".

Gold.

Edited by Ploddy

It is on the Monday for GP1, but I am proposing we do it on at Sunday at 8.30. With the race starting at 5, it will finish at 7, plenty of time to then start our race at 8.30.

Does that make sense?

Oh and millen, I always watch the race live because it allows me to use the live timing app. Its the ONLY way to watch F1. I cant count the times I've notice Alonso do a blistering sector 1 time, only to hear Coulthard then say "Alonso just did a blistering sector 1 time".

Gold.

Makes perfect sense Plod, and will suit us fine.

You mean that bloody $35 dollar app! I was too cheap to shell out for that, seems expensive... But yes, watching live is great, just all the freaking ads annoy me so much, you actually miss quite a few laps. I wonder if it will still be on channel 10 this season, and I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath for it to be back in HD again... fuck you Australian television.

I watch with that app as well, definitely worth the cash. In fact thanks to the lame Fox broadcast deal last season, there were 4 races I could only watch live on the app as they we broadcast on 4 hour delay. Hope NBC do a better job this year.

That makes sense Plods, all good from my point of view.

G

I normally run a stream on my laptop for the commercial breaks and also the build up on SkyF1 shits all over One. FUCK I HATE DARYLL BEATTIE SO MUCH. He knows nothing about F1. After the commercial break he just repeats what the sky presenters previously said, arrr he shits me. I hope I see him in Melbourne I'm gonna slap him.

Watching the race with the lap timing on f1.com is a world of difference (when i can get it to work), you see so much more and can follow more than just what is happening according the TV director in that country. Have yet to bite the bullet to buy the tablet app, but didn't have a tablet till recently. so may go down that path this year. believe you actually see the track map and car positions ??

Also allows you to follow the race during the ad breaks as an added bonus.

Do believe Ten has the rights still, and dare say will for a while, just hope it NEVER goes to Foxtel, will/should take out the ads, but i don't see a point in getting Foxtel either.

Millen, i just wish they would simulcast it on One and Ten for the fans with HD and for those who channel surf onto Ten to see a race by accident.

Watching the race with the lap timing on f1.com is a world of difference (when i can get it to work), you see so much more and can follow more than just what is happening according the TV director in that country. Have yet to bite the bullet to buy the tablet app, but didn't have a tablet till recently. so may go down that path this year. believe you actually see the track map and car positions ??

Also allows you to follow the race during the ad breaks as an added bonus.

Check it out, its the tits

Edit: oooo, I just saw they have included tyre data this year. FUCKING AYE. That was the one thing missing last year. In.

Edited by Ploddy

I met Craig Baird and as well as Greg Rust. Craig knows his motorsport but I wanted to give Rusty a punch in the face. Just annoying and no passion. Heck, Matty White would have done a better job than him. :(