sora3

AtomicF1 GP2 Season 3

We might actually need a proper FIA if we ran with it. Some poor schmuck sitting up late on a Sunday night analysing everyone's videos for all the post race appeals, haha.

Yep, no way I want the FIA title then, cos fair way is to have them take turns, spread out the work load, but that also requires EVERYONE to record their race.

But yeah sounds like way more problems than it solves, would be interesting to run it once to see the actual effects, but if everyone just auto ghost, late breaking through other cars could be hell of of fun and a hell of a fright for the guy in front! lol

Nobody, including Nobody, knows what Nobody is doing...

Well put!

EDIT: Stolen for my signature :-D

Edited by nobody813

Posted Image

Austrian Grand Prix penciled in for 2014

Red Bull have paid the way for the Austrian Grand Prix to return next year, holding the event at their Red Bull Ring.

Interesting to see how this slots into the calendar, and whether or not it means another GP will go missing, as 21 GPs a year is starting to get pretty intense in term of logistics... Plus is kind of spoils the exclusiveness of Formula 1...

Also, it's great to see an old European circuit return to the calender, and while I find the circuit great fun to drive around in Race 07, not sure how it will translate to a modern F1 race, there's only like 5 corners... :p

Edited by millen

Hope for one of us to make it to F1 with a former simracer to drive a V8 Nissan.

http://www.skynews.com.au/tech/article.aspx?id=890547

There is a young bloke driving in formula 3 who's background in racing was sim racing on GT on the Playstation. Its good to see it happen. I dont know how I'd feel if I was like 99% of the guys that had come up through the go cart ranks though.

Weirdly I got it on BluRay when it first came out. Still haven't watched it yet, as I have been waiting for 'the perfect moment' to sit and enthrall myself in it, and sometimes I forget I own it...

I fail at life I know...

Hey, I just snapped up a cheap Logitech Force GT wheel. Just wondering if anyone else uses one of these and can recommend a setup that works well. I tried the default and almost snapped my desk turning the wheel at the hairpin at this weekends current circuit. Its going to take some practise. I was 8 seconds slower in my lap times than I am with a controller. I was slow already, However I am even slower now :P

I was surprised at how heavy the steering was with force feedback on and how light it was with it off. Trying to find something in between.

Cheers

First thing I'd do mate is turn the degrees of rotation to between 270 (real F1) and 400 in the logitech profiler. 400 is a bit hi but some people use it. I would start @ 270 and work up from there.

I will run through the other profiler settings with you when I see you in game mate.

Just a few personal things.

I set in game advanced settings in game to:

1 deadzone.

5-10 saturation.

4 linearity.

I also turn force feed back in game to 100 and have environmental @ 0.

Nice stuff doull. Don't worry I was the same when I first got my wheel too. Was like what the fuck, how is this better... But give it a couple of days and you won't look back.

Nice wheel too, will do you well for your first wheel. Pretty sure I have my settings for my g27 based off soj's advice too, so give his tips a crack. Not sure if the dfgt will be much different that the g27 in terms of settings. But they'll definitely give you a good start to getting it dialed in.

Yeh definitely play with the in game wheel settings a bit mate, it makes a HUGE different. off the top of my head i have Enviro at 10% maybe 20% was like 40% when i first started, feed back at about 40% and weight at maybe 30%, i will look and confirm on Saturday morning, but the in-game settings is what making the wheel snap at you. over time i just turned them down a bit more here and there to what it is now, does make the game easier to handle and deal with. environmental is STUPID at 100% tried that once, never again. think the recommended degree set up is at 330 degrees around here, realistic enough and easy enough to drive with but not too sensitive.

but nice move mate, seems we have a keeper here for sure now investing in a wheel, but i CANNOT play a racing game on the controller no more now, i just smash into walls and spin and lock up everywhere. so you won't be able to turn back now and will wonder how you have been playing this long without one. should help with more control on throttle now too.

and personally I have all the saturation, deadzone and linearity at 0% myself. maybe something i will play with next season to try and find some more time, but for now i'm still finding time with what i have now. But once you get use to something, its hard to change it too much, as you need to re-learn a little bit each time and that takes up time in trying find lap times.

And have you been told/discovered the 1,1 car setup secrets? another nice time saver.

Not sure if it's just me, but when i did change the in-game wheel settings, i loose all feed back and i have to reboot the game to have it working again.

Hey, I just snapped up a cheap Logitech Force GT wheel. Just wondering if anyone else uses one of these and can recommend a setup that works well. I tried the default and almost snapped my desk turning the wheel at the hairpin at this weekends current circuit. Its going to take some practise. I was 8 seconds slower in my lap times than I am with a controller. I was slow already, However I am even slower now :P

I was surprised at how heavy the steering was with force feedback on and how light it was with it off. Trying to find something in between.

Cheers

Your life will now change. Forever.

Full screen, play loud.

I just love humanity sometimes. That woulda taken a massive amount of time and effort.

What an awesome tribute to Ayrton, F1 and the proper sound these cars made in their heyday. It makes me smile. Great find Flouncy.

Edited by Ploddy

That is an awesome video Flouncy, nice find. gotta love the Japanese for shit like that. love it.

and

Vergne not ready for Red Bull - Horner

In a different article:

"Raikkonen, the 2007 champion, is one of the highest paid drivers in the paddock while Ricciardo - who flew to Budapest on a budget airline......"

Poor guy.

Edited by zdievo

Awesome vid Flouncy.

Looks like I'll be a non-starter this week, but should definitely be back for the USGP.

G

"Raikkonen, the 2007 champion, is one of the highest paid drivers in the paddock while Ricciardo - who flew to Budapest on a budget airline......"

It's ok, upon arrival at the airport, Dan was inundated with Gifts and Womens.

Posted Image

I want one of those shirts...

That's a shame Greg, but, definitely not something you want to rush. Take it easy my man, and enjoy your sleep in. :D

Just putting it out there:

If Dan gets the big tick for RBR, come hell or high water I'm going to the Aus GP next year, to support the young boy in (what is hopefully) his first ever competitive drive in The Big Seat (if Aus retains the season opener).

Who's with me? We could have a massive AtomicF1 contingent, that would be cool.

Just putting it out there:

If Dan gets the big tick for RBR, come hell or high water I'm going to the Aus GP next year, to support the young boy in (what is hopefully) his first ever competitive drive in The Big Seat (if Aus retains the season opener).

Who's with me? We could have a massive AtomicF1 contingent, that would be cool.

I'm in.

Was going anyway, but yeah, sure I'll join you. :)

AtomicF1 Meet 2014 - Australian GP.

Be there.

That's fair enough SOJ... I completely understand. ;)

Here's my Race Video from India too finally.

Not too upset with the result, could have been better though.

Still annoyed at the stupid drive through penalty I copped. I had the pace to finish further up the field if it wasn't for that.

Managed to reel a couple of guys in at the end of the race, and managed to catch Pessimist, but just couldn't quite get within the DRS window, which I needed to get past, as Pessimist was not slow anywhere else. Trouble was once I had got onto the back of him, my tyres had lost their edge and I just could keep the attack up.

Either way, still made it to the end though... and definitely improved on my pace at that circuit from last season.

@Flouncy - fuck me. that video gave me the biggest goosebump/shivery feeling. Incredible. watching again, sending to all my friends, I want to see more.

Edited by millen

Just got around to watching that highlights video from the Yas Marina that Plods posted. I forgot how good that race was.

Hamilton had it in the bag then let down by his car again, great to see Kimi get back on the top step and a truly ferocious champions drive from Vettel. Great viewing.