sora3

AtomicF1 GP2 Season 3

Why dont you guys rally the troops into your own thread...

...dirty smelly rally drivers. Only thing worse then them is nascar.

:p

Fair point Fredz, maybe we could actually use the AtomicF1 website forums for off topic things such as this, just a thought. :p

To the Forumz!!!

But seriously Fredz, I should slap you for your low opinion of rally drivers, even mentioning them in the same sentence as nascar drivers deserves a reprimand.

I consider WRC drivers to be among the most skilled drivers going around, the roads they drive on and the speeds they go is incredible.

Rally drivers get mucho respect from me!

**EDIT**

New AtomicDirt thread up on the AtomicF1.net forums.

Get in there!

Edited by millen

Fair point Fredz, maybe we could actually use the AtomicF1 website forums for off topic things such as this, just a thought. :p

To the Forumz!!!

But seriously Fredz, I should slap you for your low opinion of rally drivers, even mentioning them in the same sentence as nascar drivers deserves a reprimand.

I consider WRC drivers to be among the most skilled drivers going around, the roads they drive on and the speeds they go is incredible.

Rally drivers get mucho respect from me!

**EDIT**

New AtomicDirt thread up on the AtomicF1.net forums.

Get in there!

And to think I was about to create one here on Atomic :-P

Pfft, rally.. Cant even turn the wheels right to go round corners. Right to go left? Poppycock i say! Poppycock!

And wheres the skill in learning the tracks? They have a guy next to em telling them what gear, severity and direction of the corner. Amatures! Lancers are gurls cars. :p

Lol, poppycock. Lol :)

Damn I own a girl's car. But It's got a spoiler and Bluetooth and a manual transmission, surely these things make it not a girl's car!

Damn I own a girl's car. But It's got a spoiler and Bluetooth and a manual transmission, surely these things make it not a girl's car!

If theres a fully sick brah subwoofer, i fully intend to destroy all your races. :p

Kiddin! :)

Soj! Whats the problem? Is it something 25m cat 6 couldnt fix?

Wanted to set up one of the bedrooms as a man cave. I got everything set up real nice then fark. My belkin ain't belting out enough magic bits, so I have a poor quality connection in the room. I wondered if a repeater would help this?

Edited by sonofjorel88

^ This or go for a larger range router, preferably one that can do N+ or a dual N band route.

Better get rid of all my Sony explodes....kidding....they're alpine....(j/k its all standard).

Soj, if you can't run a cable, you could try Ethernet over powerlines, or a unidirectional antenna, or cable as far as you can and add another wireless point

Yeah its that easy, not as good as cat, so still first preference. Only catch is it needs to be the same power circuit, not sure how you would confirm that.

Edit:

Actually you could plug a lamp or fan in on both ends then throw the breaker or fuse and see if they both turn off.

Edited by pessimistprime

Different circuits. Motherfunker!!!! Cheers anyway big chesse

Dam these single phone jack houses

Edited by sonofjorel88

Rio Tinto house mate, I can pretty much do what I want. Tiled floor and can't get under the house. It's beat me today, but I'll be back tomorrow all help/advice is appreciated.

I thought my belkin playmax would piss it.

Own? Just run cable under house.

Rent? Just run cable under house through the carpet. :p

lol... we are in mining houses in the Pilbara!!! We have tiles or 40yr old floorboards everywhere. Some are lucky to have a hampster in a wheel and a well out back!!!

I bought a Fritzbox Soj, Sparkling advertising sold me and the one side "legit" review... My wireless works out front and in the yard... Steep price though. I had to drink mid strength for a week

Other news...

Pre-Season testing at the party stallion garage has seen Toggsie trying out the new xBOx steering system. Testing hasn't been good. 17laps done with a best qualy time of 1:33:00 and 13 wings!!!!

Praise be to the Nobody God. It's too hard this controller stuff. I've got a couple weeks maybe practise but if I cant drive safe then I shall be skipping the opening round..

Any other Pre-season testing results?

A couple of things to try:

1. Extend the phone line to put the router next to your rig. If you put your filter at the original socket, the phone can stay where it is, you're just moving the dsl link next to your rig. Then, do wireless to the other devices.

2. Run the phone line, Cat 5e or Cat 6 outside. It goes OK out in the weather, you'd be surprised. Maybe run it under the edge of the wall if you can, to keep it out of the way. Then back thru the wall into the room you need to reach.

3. Run it through the roof cavity. Hard to do as you usually have to drill through beams and shit and feed the stuff down wall cavities, but it's the neatest job.

Essentially, for gaming, avoid wireless like the plague if you can. Anything at all that is wired will do a better job.

Thanks mate. I was using wireless all last season and don't think I had to much of an issue. Well from my end at least. Moving the router out of the kitchen about 15 metres to the bedroom is going to be a mission and a half.

Long ass day! Might just move in to the lounge and take the pain!

Simple solution, long ass Ethernet cable through the home to the man cave, can keep it safe and snake it around with the wall and secure it down with tape. or just roll it up when you're not using it.

More complicated, get yourself some Yellow Tougue and tape the Ethernet cable around it like a bitch. be sure to protect the connection, don't want to pull that off, and go through the roof and up and down the wall. Can be tricky but it will work with some some TLC/force, is only plaster. Trick is to tape the cable to the SIDE of the yellow tongue and not on top,helps to keep it thin to pass down the wall. 3.5m will be more than long enough to force it up the wall and into the roof for you to tape it on and PULL it down the wall.

Hell as ploddy said, run it around the outside of the house if you have to.

EDIT: HEY! I drive a Lancer too!

Edited by zdievo