sora3

AtomicF1 GP2 Season 3

The private servers on iRacing really aren't that pricey. I'm happy to foot the bill for an atomic group event so we can test out a private session.

G

Yeh. I offered the same thing (to pay) a couple of years ago. Back then there wasn't a lot of interest. But that was earlys days of atomicf1 when there was only about 4-6 turning up for a race...

Would be fun though, to have a bash around on a private server. Coulpa bucks for a few hours. buying content is the problem for many.

We can always just start out in the free cars on the free tracks for a bit of fun, and see how it works out.

G

For sure do it like that, and maybe open it for all cars. So you can have mx-5's dicing with solstices and Caddy's etc. I'll rock up in my F1 car and see how it goes :p Or even one of the NASCAR trucks :p

RIP NBN. You had so much promise, but went before your time.

Looks like I shall have to move apartment at the end of the year. I very much dislike net that only really works in (give or take) off-peak hours, and when there is absolutely no moisture anywhere

Couldn't resist

Posted Image

But on that note, I wonder how long until flukey has another crack at me for being a clueless two-headed tree loving Tasmanian again, which of course I must be seeing as I'm not a fan of Mr Abbott's NBN policy? :-P

Edited by nobody813

There goes any hope of getting the right for a better infrastructure. And given how things are, I highly doubt Abbott would do anything good by the end of his 3 years...

I don't think its as bad as the doomsayers are making out...

I vote that we kick Abbot off the top of the seat, its been over 24hrs, put someone will real balls and someone who isn't just going to put Aust back 10years in progress and look like a tool with the world leaders and world media. I personally hope it is only going to be 3 years.

Mean while.

Check out that guy on the left, or the guy driving, up to you:

Posted Image

And a man who needs no introduction:

Posted Image

If 2013 is right, the entry into Ascari has about 3 speed bumps now, be warned:

Posted Image

And my personal favourite, the old part of the banked oval track at Monza, awesome, SO STEEP.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And just something parked with a few other Infinity cars on the street:

Posted Image

ps. once I do an upgrade I would definitely give iRacing a go, however badly I may be at it.

Upgrade? To your pc? If you can play f1 2012 u can play iracing. I pull approx 250 fps in iracing when in 1920x1200 on a single 7970 with all the gfx fully cranked.

Cool pix! I take it u were there? :p

Edited by kikz

Yeah, PC upgrade, I'm using a mates PC that's a good 5yrs old, was always meant to build my own, but life got in the way. I'm sure iRacing would run OK enough but PC very much on borrowed time and borrowed parts, like old HDD from dying SSD and a sata cable from another PC. I just need to give myself/wife an excuse to spend the $$$

Nice Pedro. Where about's did you sit?

I bet the crowd went nuts when Alonso passed Webber. Well most of the crowd anyway.

Looks like there's no stopping Vettel now. Just dominating he's even being held back the whole time. How much does he look like a stereo typical German with that blonde hair lol.

Here's hoping someone can get near Red bull with the new seasons changes.

Awesome photos, Pete. I'm tempted to go to Singapore next year since parents are going to Malaysia next year so I might fly to Malaysia for a bit then to Singapore for the Grand Prix. :)

Sorry guys, I have not forgotten about the tipping, I just haven't had a chance to put them up. I will try and do that tomorrow. Stay tuned.

I just had GA tickets as I couldn't justify the $400 for a straight or $1000 or so for Ascari, 1 day only too x 2 for myself and the wife. But I sat at the left hand kink after Lesmo on the run to Ascari, had a half decent view them exiting Lesmo, and did anyone know that the run to Lesmo was downhill up to the bridge? (and that bridge is the banked oval track too btw). But sadly no decent shot of the cars on the track, wasn't high up enough like Greg was at Texas last year.

Monza is this HUGE sports park with the race track in the forest, and I mean HUGE, dropped off by a bus into the park about 1km in before a 30min walk to even get to the track. Crowd were awesome, had a small group of Italians near where we were slumming it with us, but they went pretty damn quiet after Webber came out ahead of Massa, and by the time Alonso pitted they were pretty silent from then, and I was there cheering Mark on sandwiched between the Ferrari's. :s But was great had mix of Italian and English commentary going, can tell drivers names but that's about it, didn't have a screen in front of me, but knew when Massa was ahead off the start and Alonso passing Webber. (no screen in front of us).

sora mate, DO IT!! it is so cool to go to a F1 race in a whole other country, wife asked if I would even follow the F1 circuit for a whole season on the way back, simple answer, HELL YES, didn't need to go to Monza to confirm it, but does make it special to do. and unlike some of u guys I have it easy with a race at Melbourne.

Ploddy, hot day, three security guards in full suits in the shadows you can't see too well in the photo and inside the Hotel Reception area. Otherwise it would of been a prized possession with me right now.

Atomic Sim Racing meet overseas at a race instead of Melbourne in 2014? Say at Monaco??? :p

ps. Yes pretty much written off this seasons title fight myself now too. who will be where and what in 2014. Seems Kimi returning to Ferrari could happen this week.

Edited by zdievo

Sounds like you had an awesome time zdievo. Me and my Brisbane iRacing buddies are actually planning a Monaco trip for 2015. I do Melbourne GP every 2nd year (I went this year). I'm giving 2015 a miss in favour of Monaco. So is the current plan anyway. My boss has been to the Singapore GP and he tells me it's awesome. He's not an F1 fan though, just went for the party.

@ kikz, I think I saw you at Melbourne once. :)

Anyway, I might do another trip to Melbourne the year after next. :)

Seems Kimi returning to Ferrari could happen this week.

Current new is a Kimi - Alonso swap... lol wut?

Looks awesome Pete, pretty jealous. Would love to go to one of the old circuits and watch a race. I've been to Monaco, and walked the track, unfortunately it was when F1 was not there... :p

Singapore is probably my best bet in the future for an overseas race. I am poor. :p

Seems Kimi returning to Ferrari could happen this week.

Current new is a Kimi - Alonso swap... lol wut?

I think no. There's pretty much no way Alonso would go (back) to Lotus/Renault, not if he thinks Ferrari aren't fast enough.

I give more weight to Kimi going to Ferrari and Alonso staying at Ferrari

Raikkonen, 33, will be team-mate to Fernando Alonso, world champion in 2005-6, completing arguably the strongest driver line-up in Formula 1.

Soft cock drivers of today not wanting another properly fast driver in the team with them. Cause it's worked out so well before, I guess... :p

Edited by kikz

It's a lineup I'd like to see, apart from the fact that Lotus would be decimated.

Hopefully they'll recruit Hulkenberg rather than Massa.

Hey, a Kimi/Massa swap? Surely not, there'd have to be money in it.