sora3

AtomicF1 GP2 Season 3

It's a lineup I'd like to see, apart from the fact that Lotus would be decimated.

Doubt it. Kimi left Ferrari because they didn't want him around any longer. Plus Alonso happened to be on the market so that's why. I dunno why he'll go back when he hates doing any media duties.

Hopefully they'll recruit Hulkenberg rather than Massa.

This I hope happens. Hulkenburg has put his best foot forward in this case. Plus, he managed to hold off a Mercedes throughout the race. I don't doubt he'll be scouted for one of the better drives soon.

Hey, a Kimi/Massa swap? Surely not, there'd have to be money in it.

Hell no. Massa is way out of his prime. I like him but performance wise, he's got to go.

Tipping was a three way tie for first with Eradicator, Flouncy and Myself.

Here is the current ladder.

Modzy 78

DaZzA 75

Flouncy 74

Schmeval 72

Lambo 65

ToF 61

Eradicator 55

zdievo 50

Sponks 50

Ploddy 50

millen 45

Shaun Young 36

Ranger 36

Rogue Eclipse 34

Doull Teg 15

So, are we going to start s4 planning?

with the addition of classic mode, will we include that into the season, or just keep it all normal, leaving classic for special events? (probebly the best option imho)

is anyone leaving for Af1 f1? teams staying the same? new peoples? (i'm trying to get a mate to join us :) )

So, are we going to start s4 planning?

with the addition of classic mode, will we include that into the season, or just keep it all normal, leaving classic for special events? (probebly the best option imho)

is anyone leaving for Af1 f1? teams staying the same? new peoples? (i'm trying to get a mate to join us :) )

In terms of GP1 - we're gonna wait til the game's out and have had a play of the classic cars and tracks. Then, most likely (assuming we like the new tracks), we'll add the new classic tracks in, and eliminate the least popular existing tracks to make room.

We'll be racing modern cars.

So that'll add some major refreshment to the season with all the new tracks, but without adding to the total number that we do.

Can you do modern cars on classic tracks? sweet! Maybe we can get rid of that twisty tight hellhole. What was it called again? unsafe, miniscule track.. ohh, monaco. :P

Not on your life. Touch Monaco and I'll eat your head.

But you can axe Korea without any tears whatsoever.

Just an FYI to everyone that work updating the current site has stopped. I've received a few PM's from people asking about updates so I thought I'd just let everyone know that all efforts are currently focused on the new one. Any updates like tipping etc will be reflected on the new one and I assure you all results are safe and sound.

We've made significant strides into the new site and millen and myself have been hard at work.

All 10 combined seasons of stats are in the database now, as well as all driver and team profiles. We are working on cosmetic tweaks now, and hopefully we should be able to have launch new soon.

Surprising. I really thought it was all smoke.

Exciting though, should be interesting next year at Ferrari. I think Alonso will beat Kimi comfortably, but hope it's at least a good fight.

Be interesting to see if Ferrari will be there with Mercedes and Red bull next season.

LOVE it!! Kimi back at Ferrari, as long as Ferrari throw money and James Allison onto the car development, don't see why they won't be up there with all new car and engine with Merc, RBR, and McLaren too in my option.

Think Alonso will beat Kimi too, but in races, think Kimi will have him in Quali. But going to be very interesting at Ferrari, two AMAZING drivers in the same team, hope as hell they have a great car and we get a repeat of Alonso vs Lewis.

Sorry lots of what if, my bad, but I'm very excited by this, more than Dan signing with RBR and Kimi returning to F1.

Over 2013 season for sure now.

Edit: will they be allowed to race each other properly? And Ferrari need/want to bring them right back into the fight for constructor championship for money, and hedging their money on two drivers for the WDC.

And Kimi should push Alonso to another level, something a free commentator s have said Alonso has been missing in Quali

Edited by zdievo

Wow. So many shake ups for next season. Where do you think Massa will get a drive?

Sauber :p

I also don't think Kimi will beat Alonso. I don't think he'll beat him in Quali either, and while Kimi is very consistent and stable in a race, Alonso seems to be more capable of moving up the field. Hard to say given the difference in cars. I remember Suzuka 2005 well - one of my favourite ever races :)

Straight from autosport

Kimi Raikkonen is returning to Ferrari a better driver than when he left at the end of 2009, reckons his new team boss Stefano Domenicali.

Rather than be worried about Raikkonen's cool personality and lack of technical leadership that proved to be a contributing factor in him being dropped for 2010, Domenicali has said that things are different now.

And the team had been reassured about the progress Raikkonen had made on the technical front by its new chassis technical chief James Allison, who worked with the former world champion at Lotus.

"We worked with Kimi for three years from 2007 to 2009 and we never had a problem," Domenicali told the Ferrari website regarding doubts about Raikkonen's character.

"Sure, everyone has their own ways and you can't expect a Finn to start telling jokes in Italian or playing the clown.

"Honestly, I think the combination of Fernando's expressive and passionate Latin character and the cool style, to call it that, of someone like Kimi, seems to appeal to many, including the youngsters. And our partners are also in agreement with this.

"As for the technical side of things, not only do we know full well how much Kimi can contribute at an important time like this, when the technical framework is changing so significantly, but we also have first hand information from James Allison, as to how much the Finn has also progressed in this area over the past two years."

Ferrari's decision to put two world champions alongside each other for the first time in its modern era has already prompted questions about the political tensions it could cause.

Earlier this year, speaking about the possibility of Sebastian Vettel being drafted in alongside Fernando Alonso in the future, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo ruled out the team ever wanting 'two roosters in the same henhouse'.

Domenicali is calm about the matter though, insisting the team can handle the situation.

"I would only say that the combination of Fernando and Kimi is the best one could have today in Formula 1, in terms of talent, experience, competitive spirit and the ability to move car development forward," he said.

"As for the "poultry" question, it brings to mind football fans who are scared of rival teams because they have so many strong forwards and so they hope they will fight each other for the ball.

"For anyone thinking that the choice of Kimi is somehow an anti-Alonso choice, I can put their minds at rest.

"At Ferrari, everyone knows the interests of the team come first and only then those of the individual.

"Fernando is a key asset for this team and he will be for a long time.

"I'm sure he is the first to be happy with a choice made to strengthen the group, because he is too intelligent not to realise that a stronger team can only be an advantage."

Edited by kikz

Hulkenburg to Lotus, Massa to Sauber. That seems about right to me.

I am gutted for Lotus. Yes theyll have Nico but with the First Lap Nutcase as head driver, it's dark times ahead. Where's the humanity I ask you?

is it wrong that i'm holding off buying 2 more monitors for moar pixels, to get an oculus rift?

i'm not seeing any negatives over this decision

:)

is it wrong that i'm holding off buying 2 more monitors for moar pixels, to get an oculus rift?

i'm not seeing any negatives over this decision

:)

Yeah it's wrong.

FWIW, I just spent monies on triple 27"'s to replace my 19+24+19 combination I've been running. I was holding out for the rift release and the Rift is great (if you didnt' notice, I've played with it a fairly extensively in racing games), but I I really wanted that extra screen space. And i missed the other telemetry monitors when using the rift. (I run a fourth 19" mon with iSpeed on it). The in game experience is so much better with the rift, but frankly, I need that telemetry. It's a deal breaker unfortunately. For me, I'll still get the Rift whenever it comes out, and I play it all the fun driving games, like ETS2, F1 201x (when it supports it), and the rest. But for the competitive racing in iRacing -- too risky to run without telemetry.

The biggest problem I see for holding out is there's no release date for the device, and no definitely official support for F1 2013 from codies anyway (please correct me if I'm wrong), and that official support does make a difference, as I've found in my testing (eg iRAcing has official support ETS2 and HL2 does not - yet)..

Also, ArsTechnica has today done an article on the Rift

Edited by kikz

Massa seems to have been in the sport for ages...

Would Sauber want him or is there another potential driver option for them?

Edited by mark84

It's so rubbish, the current rules. If this was the 90's or even early 2000's, Massa would be gone I reckon. The problem I see is his still pretty quick and he, as you say, has been around for ages. So he's experienced. With thanks perhaps to the limitations on testing, Massa has been able to live on beyond his best before date.

I wonder how teams would feel about relaxing the testing "ban", to basically nothing, with the condition that the engine rule still stays in place. That is, under the current regs for 2014 (which can be altered up until mid October without unanimous team support), 5 engines per car per season. Sure, go and test, but you'll be either be reducing your race performance or you'll be forced to build a more reliable engine. I guess it would still inflate consts too much. But still, I think it's maybe better to test more often at a higher cost.

Everyone's always quick to point out that Vettel has the superior Red bull, but not when it comes to Massa and Ferrari.

The guy stood up to Kimi in 07. Beat him and Hamilton (imo) 2008 and nearly claimed the title. Had a bad 2009 thanks to a spring in the head. Which I think took him a season to recover from, and has done his best with being a full on no.2 driver and having a slower car.

I think with today's rules Barrichello wouldn't have lasted as long as he did. He was given an opportunity at Ferrari all be it no.2 driver and had a car capable of winning the championship in 2009 but couldn't do it. Jenson would also be out on his arse with today's rules, 9 years before he got the chance in a good car. Massa has had Schumaher Alonso and Kimi as team mates and has stood up to them all. He deserves to be on the grid. I hope he stays go's to Lotus and go's back to being happy and gets amongst it.

So clubsport v2 pedals or G27 pedals?

Any issues with load cells or any other negative things I should know except what's on the inside sim racing review?

I'm getting very close to buying

Both rims, pedals and wheels

Wow.

I have a photo shoot in a couple of months that will bring me some play money, (tog, not model :D) and I am considering pulling the trigger too. Plus I need to do something to stay competitive with you.

So much for retirement eh SoJy? :)

Edited by Ploddy

That doritos renewal contract finally came through for you fuck yeah!

And you agreed to do it butt naked with a little cheesey triangle in front of your dong. You are the man!

We'll see how we go with little babie first, but I want those new toys.

And like Webber I'm not retiring, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing :)

So clubsport v2 pedals or G27 pedals?

Any issues with load cells or any other negative things I should know except what's on the inside sim racing review?

Is this a question for everyone?

Clearly the Clubports are better than the G27's. I've only got the V1 set. I've had them about 18 months now. No real problems. The only annoyance is sometimes the accelerator get "stuck" and sometimes it has a flat spot at about half way. It feels like throttle lag. That's the magnet on the side of the pedal getting dusty and indicates it's time for a clean. The brake pedal sometimes sticks on at about 5%. Really annoying if you don't notice it. Fortunately iRacing always displays a graph of all three pedals, so it's easy to see. I usually notice when cars start nailing me down the straight in a big way. I look down and sure enough I'm trailing a little brake without doing anything. Sometimes simply pulling out the pedals and plugging them in fixes it (still not fun mid race!) . Other times it's a full overhaul of the pedals.

At the end of every season (every 12 weeks) I pull apart the pedals, re-grease where appropriate, spray teflon spray on the brass bearings. Check that my springs are how I want them etc. Some of my teammates overhaul their pedals every week before the big weekly SOF race, crazy.

They definitely take maintenance and the V2's are no different in that regard. But you'll be rewarded with the ability to brake faster / reduce the braking distance, and have a more realistic pedal feel.

Another negative, when try and race when I'm exhausted and often don't concentrate enough and don't apply enough force and consistent force to the brake. As a result I'm off the road. That's the nature of load cell though, as opposed to just holding the brake in a certain position.

The guy stood up to Kimi in 07. Beat him and Hamilton (imo) 2008 and nearly claimed the title. Had a bad 2009 thanks to a spring in the head. Which I think took him a season to recover from, and has done his best with being a full on no.2 driver and having a slower car.

Massa has had Schumaher Alonso and Kimi as team mates and has stood up to them all.

No doubt he had a good back half of 2008 and a good 2009. He's been occassionally quick against Alonso in qualifying , but other than those few occassions he's looked pretty ordinary. And he's had some really bad races, quite a few of them, where he's nowhere near Alonso's pace. Sitting in a top three team, he should be right there at least battling for a top 5 position every race. When was his last podium? 1 this year? How many last year? I'm not really buying into his car being that much slower than Alonso's, no more than Webber has the "bad" Red Bull (although Webber's luck does seem much worse than Massa's).

I also thing Kimi had mentally checked out pretty much mid 2008. Or it seemed. ...And that's coming from a huge longstanding Raikkonen fan (I won the first 3 seasons of the atomic tipping comp thanks to backing Kimi - this was before Lambo and you guys took it on - pre F1 2010, like 2003, 2004, 2005 or something ).

Edited by kikz

Thanks for that. I've read a few reviews where people have complained of squeaking and sticking, so I was gonna use some dry chain lube on them before I mount them to my rig.

Did they take much messing around to get them how you want them?

With regards to F1.

I'm not saying Massa is better than anyone else, if fact there are plenty of people that are quicker than him. I don't follow F1 to follow anyone in particular, I love it as a whole and have since I was a very small kid. There's to much going on behind the scenes with the teams to just support one driver in a field that is only the size of a single football team.

I just don't think he's deserves to be cast aside and that he should have gone years ago. He still has a lot to offer a team, and I'd like to see him smile again. He's still good enough to be on the grid, but if that's to happened is yet to be seen.