amckern

Upgrade Mini-ITX Build

Hi,

I brought Crysis 3 on pre-order through origin long before the specs where published - now i need to upgrade in order to play the game.

As you can see i am running a Mini-ITX build (SilverStone SG06), and need to upgrade to a DX11 card.

I am running a 550W PSU (max voltage for this form factor). I plan on keeping mg 64GB SSD, and my 1TB HDD.

I am looking at a upgrade (please recommend):

4GB Ram

All in one motherboard (EG, W-LAN built in)

DX11 Video Card

Dual core w/ HT ivy bridge - or is better to get a quad core straight? My i3 is quite happy in Dual w/ HT

A lighter pair of head phones then the Sirus SGH-4000 (Stereo Headphones perfable)

Upgrade budget up to $700

Edited by amckern

hopefully not to much as it will make for a very nice setup if it all fits and from what i can find it should fit but very snug

Intel Core i5 3570K $235.00

Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI Mini ITX $135.00

Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 $59.00

PowerColor Radeon HD7870 2GB Myst Edition $229.00

Silverstone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler $69.00

Sub-Total: $727

is it a silverstone 450w sfx? cant say i know of any 550w sfx psu

Edited by Dasa

if you're willing to upgrade the case, the sg09 isn't a huge amount bigger, will take proper PSUs and will hold all GPUs, you can also use normal cpu coolers in it. to get it, just sacrifice the ram upgrade, and change the cooler down to a hyper212 evo (only just fits)

keep your current ram then looks like its 2x2g 1333 1.5v ddr3 which should be fine

someone correct me if im wrong but cant you install win 7 64 and use the 32bit key? just need to download a 64bit iso not sure on this but im sure i remember reading it somewhere

Edited by Dasa

I'm saying that installing 8gb of ram on a 32 bit bitch aint going to see over the 4gb point, minus video card ram due to poor eye site in the language it talks.

Edited by amckern

and what im wondering is why you have to install 32bit when i think you can install 64