Sign in to follow this  
aetare

April issue

I just noticed that the April issue has the March DVD again. This is also my last issue for my Atomic sub. I'm not renewing due to budget reasons. Although I am a little annoyed/disappointed with the number of mistakes that are appearing in this mag from missing headlines to wrong content. The RDIO article on page 9 contains the old Adobe "free software" news unrelated to RDIO. Is it worth pointing these things out? Maybe I'm just getting old and crabby. Good luck with the mag and I'll keep an eye out at the newsagent.

FYI the Atomic mag is dead?

Yep he knows that, but if you were subbing to Atomic they moved your sub to PCA, and now his current sub is over. I took up an offer to try PCA and just received the latest edition, have not read it all yet but so far its ok. As for the DVD I can take it or leave it, it is not a deal breaker for me.

Yeah, that one's just one of those dumb errors - we're sending a hit-squad to our sub's house as we speak :)

What else have you spotted? As a rule I never worried too much about stuff in Atomic - we didn't have a huge staff, and no dedicated sub like we do on PCA. However, given we do have one on PCA, do email me anything you spot. Since we work so close to the mag, it's really very easy for mistakes to happen. Five sets of eyes saw that RDIO article, by the way :)

As to the DVD, there's a lot that's similar, but the Ashampoo Software and the 3DMark are new - is that you mean?

I only noticed the DVD when I went looking for a previous version of NVIDIA drivers as 314.07 failed to install. I forgave you making errors in Atomic. Except maybe the last issue (143) where Dan's head, which appears much larger than normal, cut off the last paragraph or sentence of his witty and entertaining rant. All up I think PC&Tech is much better now it's combined with Atomic. Keep up the good work.

Those last few issues of Atomic... man. We had like two and half people working on two magazines, and it was TOUGH.

But cheers man :)