Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×

amd was releasing drivers every month so the driver version number was based on the month it was released

amd was releasing drivers every month so the driver version number was based on the month it was released

Yup, thats what I was getting at with the driver versions. Or rather the dates.

EDIT* Clarification

Edited by NukeJockey

Thought the recent AMD drivers gave like 10-15% performance nearly across the board. I think you should bench before and after once just for curiosity sake ;)

Comparing on various websites

While BF3's 12.11 December driver improvement shat all over the previous ones, the 13.1 betas don't give that much more out of BF3 compared to the 12.11's.

Other games however, Crysis3/Farcry 3/Fixing of the Frame times delivered on games like borderlands 2 and guild wars 2.

Plenty of improvements since 12.11, but for BF3 only and selected titles you may only play.. it may not be worth it.

AFAIK - BF3 went from 35-40fps average on the 7950 stock (when it came out) using drivers earlier than 12.11

As soon as 12.11 hit, the 7950 could produce 50-55fps and further 12.11-13.# improvements took it to 55-60fps average.

Edited by drawesome

GCN optimisations are incoming with every update for a while. For users of older cards such as me (HD 5870), each driver update doesn't really see much improvement. It's getting to the point where I don't think I'll bother updating my drivers, unless they specifically have fixes for my hardware and software