kamerong

If I could steal a moment of your time

Hey guys, I just want to start off by apologising for this post, I hate to be that guy bugging everyone with voting stuff like this but I'm actually in a pretty good position to win a free laptop so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm sure a bunch of you are aware of Intels convertible challenge competition. I entered just after it started, and happen to be doing quite well (Coming 4th out of around 10,000 entries so far). The competition ends tomorrow and I need to be in 3rd place or better to win, so I was wondering if I could bother you for ten seconds of your time. All you have to do is click this link and click the vote button and that's it, no signing up or registering for anything required.

https://convertiblechallenge.intel.com/entry/view/614

If you don't want to vote then that's fine too. Cheers guys

(It's also been brought to my attention that my idea already exists, however it turns out most of the other entries do too, so eh)

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Hey man!

I voted, good luck, I think that's an awesome idea.

Please give us updates to let us know how you're going with it.

Good luck!

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Done... although given that not exactly a lot of juice is required, why don't we have a shoe sole insert phone charger that works simply by the weight of each footstep?

Done... although given that not exactly a lot of juice is required, why don't we have a shoe sole insert phone charger that works simply by the weight of each footstep?

Probably because I'm not smart enough to think of that :P

Thanks for all the votes guys! I really appreciate it.

Voted. Best of luck man. Do you have any idea about the amount of votes between yourself and 1st place?

Voted. Best of luck man. Do you have any idea about the amount of votes between yourself and 1st place?

Unfortunately no, it doesn't say. I'd be happy just finishing in third place, you get the same prize if you're 1st, 2nd or 3rd. The first three must have a monumental amount of votes becaues I can't seem to break out of fourth place.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Unfortunately no, it doesn't say. I'd be happy just finishing in third place, you get the same prize if you're 1st, 2nd or 3rd. The first three must have a monumental amount of votes becaues I can't seem to break out of fourth place.

It might only be a vote away!

Done. And good luck Kamerong.

It's a cool idea but not one I'll ever use, unless the pushy is motorised ... that I'd maybe consider.

Maybe.

How was your trip ?

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Voted, would be useful in a few european and asian cities.

And Perth.

Thanks for the awesome response guys! Don't think I placed in the top 3, but top 10 out of 11,000+ is still a great result :) I really appreciate you all taking the time to vote for me too.

I think the idea that got the most votes was a bus with a vending machine inside of it. Questionable to say the least, but I will remain gracious in defeat :P

Oh and Eveln if you are referring to my trip to Bali, it was awesome. Turns out I was worrying over nothing, and after a few days I managed to relax and have a great time. Some pretty confronting stuff over there though, I'd hate to see what the NON-tourist areas of indonesia would be like.

Am I the only one having trouble finding the 'vote' button??

Oh, is it over?

Am I the only one having trouble finding the 'vote' button??

Oh, is it over?

yup